IGNORED

Bifröst (2600)

s0c7

My first stab at something 100% in asm.

I tried your game and I did reach the 100 points. My tactic was to shoot quickly a second time after killing the last giant on screen to hope killing one in the next wave. Unfortunately for me, this tactic did reset the game when the game turn purple and was starting to do a color rainbow thing... but it was too late, I saw my score back to zero. So I did play again and watch carefully the score points and take care to not press fire again when reaching the end.

Very nice and addictive game. Good work!

Thanks everybody!

Have you thought about Atarivox support to keep high score?
Hmmm.... Not something I had thought about. The main goal was to keep it at 2k and compatible with all emulators for the mini game compo. Do any of the emulators support AVox yet?

I don't have a AVox and haven't read up on programming for it. I assume there is a doc somewhere? If I bump it up to 4k I might try something like that (no idea what the overhead is for it). I guess it could do speech too. We'll see.

I don't know what is going on but I did saw this game 3 times in the minigame compo 2009 section, and also a mysterious minigame entry at the impossible zero K section.

They are having problems with the compo site. :roll:

I like it! A challenging little game!

Are you a Viking defending your home from Saxons? That's sorta backwards historically.

Wp

You are one of the Aesir (let's just say Thor for those that don't know the stories) defending Asgard from the Frost/Fire Giants.

Scott,

You blow! ;)

I shall score 100 points before I am done.

Wp

post-3832-1241383642_thumb.png

This game reminds me of something else. :ponder:

post-3832-1241383747_thumb.png

Maybe start with slower single enemies and have the player start with a chainsaw (Can only kill the enemies within an inch of the player). After killing a few slow zombies a Shotgun pickup appears and once the player picks it up they have the shotgun for the rest of the game. :D

Edited by neotokeo2001

What's new:

The issue newcoleco mentioned has been fixed. The delay code wasn't triggering properly. The fire button will be ignored for 2 seconds when you win now (same time frame used for the normal game over).

Left difficulty switch now used:

B - Same game as before.

A - For those who have beaten B, a little more challenge. The game will not end at 100, but will roll the score, reset the attack level, and change the color of Asgard. Clear the game 3 times to win. The color sequence goes yellow, gray, green. This will be the color of Asgard (the castle in the upper right corner) and also your high score.

The high scores for the 2 variations are considered separate instances and (for as long as the game is turned on) will be retained regardless of you flipping back and forth.

Switching variations will not take effect until you start a new game. So if you play a game at B, switch it to A during the game, the B game you are playing will still continue and the B high score will display when it finishes. Only after you hit fire at game over will it switch over to the A setting.

I haven't had time to test this on real hardware yet, but I don't foresee and problems. Let me know if you encounter any issues.

Edited by s0c7