IGNORED

Season 1 Week 18: Elevator Action

In a building filled with elevators, you play a spy who must collect secret documents and then escape through the basement. Enemies appear from behind doorways, but you can shoot, kick, drop a light on them or even crush them with the elevator you are in! You are Agent 17; codename: "Otto". Your mission is to secure all top secret documents from a 30-floor security building and escape in a getaway car waiting in the garage at the very bottom of the building.

Agent 17 must go into the rooms with red doors to collect the top secret documents. Each document secured is worth 500 points each. Otto must go to all the rooms and secure every document or he cannot escape. After he has collected all documents, he will have to make his way down to the garage where he can escape in his getaway car. Afterwards, a bonus of 1000 points is rewarded and then you will proceed to another building.

post-9712-1241380122_thumb.jpg post-9712-1241380131_thumb.png post-9712-1241380145_thumb.png

Game Information:

Game Name: Elevator Action

Released By: Taito, 1983

Game Mode: Default settings: 3 Lives, Extra life @ 10K

MAME ROMset: Elevator

Chosen By: maximebeauvis

ROM Location: http://www.romnation.net/srv/roms/56014/ma...tor-Action.html

Post your scores in this thread and I will update the leaderboard throughout the week. The deadline for posting scores will be Saturday, May 9th, 2009 @ 12:00 Noon (EST)

BEST TIPS

None Yet!

CURRENT HIGH SCORES

1. 36,600 (darthkur) [+11]

2. 25,600 (SpiceWare) [+10]

3. 13,700 (Kurt_Woloch [+9]

4. 9,550 (aftermac) [+8]

5. 9,250 (LarcenTyler) [+7]

CURRENT POINT TOTALS

1. SpiceWare [152]

2. aftermac [111]

3. darthkur [86]

4. LarcenTyler [86]

5. Osbo [69]

6. Kurt_Woloch [57]

7. Max_Mad [55]

8. maximebeauvais [54]

9. JellE [46]

10. Shannon [44]

11. Blackjack [38]

12. Dr Galaga [37]

13. theking21803 [26]

14. rxd [21]

15. NE146 [19]

16. maibock [16]

17. Artlover [12]

18. Mister VCS [12]

19. cougar302b [11]

20. PacManPlus [11]

21. Vectorman0 [10]

22. joeypsp [9]

23. LaserHawk [6]

24. MrAtari2600 [5]

25. mightymage [4]

Edited by Deteacher

You have to enter the red doors to "collect the documents." In order to clear a building, you have to enter each red door. If you make it down to the basement and miss a red door, you will be taken up to the missed doors automatically.

I'll see if KLOV has more info and I'll add it to the main post.

Edited by Deteacher

OK, for those who don't understand the game, this is the basic synopsis:

You're Agent 17, code-named 'OTTO,' and you're given the task of infiltrating an enemy headquarters to recover secret documents. The documents are hidden behind red doors. To enter them, press up while standing on the little square on the floor by the door. Push down to exit. Once you have all of the documents, you can exit at the bottom level.

A word of caution: DON'T FALL INTO ELEVATOR SHAFTS! Even if it's just a one floor fall, you'll still lose a life. And don't walk into the elevator shafts unless you know there's no elevator coming, otherwise you'll be an OTTO pancake!

OK, here's my best so far... 13700. post-8393-1241462685_thumb.png

Here's an effective tactic on how to avoid dying as long as you're in an elevator:

The enemies will always first draw, and then (after about a second) shoot at you. If you go down with the elevator to a level where an enemy is (or multiple enemies are), the enemy will draw as soon as the lower plate of your elevator reaches about the height of his face. You can use that to your advantage by reversing your elevator at that point, so that the enemy will still shoot, but not hit you. After his shot has missed, he won't shoot again for some seconds, during which time you can easily go down again and kill him without being in danger of being killed by him.

Edited by Kurt_Woloch

I'll throw a tip in there for you all:

You get more points for killing an enemy by jump kicking them than you do for shooting them. Also, you get even MORE points for killing enemies when the lights are out. Put out the lights by shooting a lamp. You'll score a whopping 300 points for dropping a lamp on an enemy. :)

This is one of my favorite games. :)