IGNORED

Nominate your favorite vintage arcade games for the Summer Shodown

Rhindle The Red

Nominate your favorite vintage arcade games for the Summer Shodown  

52 members have voted

1. 1. How do we divide up the torunament?

• All-in-one
    • Two divisions

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Okay, it's time for the nominating phase of the Summer Shodown.

This year, we're concentrating on vintage arcade games. I've decided to tag 1990 as the last year of the "vintage" era, as arcades would change drastically in 1991 with the release of Street Fighter II.

So, please nominate three arcade video games released *before* 1991. Nominate the titles you want (regardless of whether they have already been nominated) in preference order, as the tournament seeding will be based on a 3-2-1 point system.

First place votes get three points, second place votes get two points and third place votes get one point.

List your nominations as follows:

1. Mario Bros. (1983)

2. Donkey Kong Jr. (1982)

3. Joust (1982)

So that's three points for Mario Bros., two points for DK Jr. and one point for Joust.

Got it?

Now, in the poll above, vote as to whether you want the whole thing seeded as one big tournament (as usual) or as two divisions:

Old School (1971 - 1979) and Classic Era (1980 - 1990). The divisions are marked by the release of Pac-Man. If we do the two divisions, only the top titles in each division would make it in, meaning some titles that got higher point counts could be left out.

Go!

Let's see, what did spend the most money on?

1: Star Trek (1982)

2: Zaxxon (1982)

3: TRON (1982)

*Joust was already mentioned so thought I would cover new ground

EDITED TO ADD NUMBERS

Edited by Rhindle The Red

*Joust was already mentioned so thought I would cover new ground

That's fine, but you will be costing Joust its otherwise higher position in the seeding.

And, people, please *number* your votes. Go back and edit in the numbers, or I'm going to assume you want them in the order they are listed.