IGNORED

Holy Moses! Yet Another Sniderman Mystery Game Giveaway!

Snider-man

We have a winner!

Jeffy correctly identified the Mystery Game as CROSSBOW. For their efforts, they win a copy of this great multi-screened 2600 quest/shooter based on the Exidy coin-op. I love this game and hope the winner will too. Jeffy, send me your address via private message and I’ll toss your prize in the mail to you.

The clues:

* One recent clue mentioned “my eye” and “shoot it down.” Well, one of the play elements of Crossbow is the disembodied eye of The Master of Darkness that appears on every screen. Shooting it gives you bonus points. Subtle clue, yes.

* The “obvious” clue. Angry, stern. Synonym, antonym. Well, a synonym (a word that means the same) for “angry” is “cross.” And an antonym (a word that’s the opposite) for “stern” – as in “the back of a boat” - is “bow” – meaning “the front of a ship.” “Cross-bow.” Sneaky, eh?

*The clue from the first, opening message is the big one. Right there is the word “initially.” Well, if you had thought it through, you should have taken the first initial of every sentence in that first message. C-R-O-S-S-B-O-W. Spelled out right there for you.

Thanks for playing. The next giveaway will be for quite the little rarity, I guarantee!

Sniderman

I do enjoy hearing how people came up with their guesses or what they thought were clues.

I got into the contest a little late and Snide had already posted a 2nd message. This threw me a bit as he was saying something about stepping aside. At first I thought it was a reference to some sporting game like soccer (Remember the game 5-aside soccer?), but then remembered the game Quick Step...okay...I actually saw it in the Atariage listings.

When it was determined that that was incorrect, I went back to the first message again. However, this time, the distraction was the Holey Moses. Now I had initially looked for a game with something about the Bible in it, but figured it must be talking about Moses and the parting of the Red SEA. That's where my 2nd guess came from as in SeaQuest.

Snide then mentioned something about shooting down so I figured I might be on track (still) with the SEA so I went with Air Sea Battle.

That one was wrong, so I went back again to the first message. This time, I noticed the cheesy comment and wondered if it had something to do with a mouse. Well, someone had already guessed Mouse Trap, so I looked for another "mouse" game. All the while I continued to wonder what "mouse" game you shoot things down in when I suddenly realized that I had the answer! The Moon looks like a big ball of cheese, so I went with Moon Patrol.

Well after that guess, lunch was over and it was back to work. I get home now to find I've lost (again) and will not win. :(

Just wait until I finish building my contest......It will be the biggest/baddest/best ever!!!! Unfortunately, you'll win no prize for it because I don't have one to give. :D

Cap