IGNORED

ARTWORK CONTEST- ATARI 2600 RACER: Selection Time

Wonder007

Atari 2600 RACER ARTWORK SELECTION  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Please look at the selections below and select the # for the artwork you best like.....

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

CHOICES ARE.................

post-6286-1242103214.jpg

post-6286-1242103242.jpg

post-6286-1242103259.jpg

post-6286-1242103280.jpg

post-6286-1242103295.jpg

NOTE: Selection ends May 18, 2009 at midnight PDT (Sunday going into Monday). If you have any questions, please PM me. The final decision for the winner will be determined by me although heavy consideration will be given to the results of the poll. Thanks for participating and thanks to Homerwannabee and Jahfish for their submissions.

Enjoy!!!! :)

Wonder007

Edited by Wonder007

I like Dave's art the best. :(

Haven't heard from him.....do you have his e-mail or something. I would love to put his but I am not sure if he wants me too; don't want to do it without his permission......

i also like it a lot style-wise ... but i think that the cars in his design don't really fit to those used in the game.

Agreed.

I like the second submission (nos. 3 & 4), but it looks too 70's. It if was a black label game from '79 or so it'd fit perfectly, but the artwork just doesn't seem to look right with the silver label.

Edited by PingvinBlueJeans

I like the second submission (nos. 3 & 4), but it looks too 70's. It if was a black label game from '79 or so it'd fit perfectly, but the artwork just doesn't seem to look right with the silver label.

i agree on that ... but i haven't found any decent pics in the short ammount of time that i had. unfortunately i'm in spain right now, and online online for one or two hours a day.

i was thinking of using the mercedes silberpfeil ... but it would have been lots of work to find the right one and add a decent futuristic background which fits more to the modern silverlabel designs ...

i also favor my second submission, as these are more hot rods than just racing cars ... and therefore they're timeless ;)

i also like it a lot style-wise ... but i think that the cars in his design don't really fit to those used in the game.

Dave (s0c7) just alerted me to the existence of this thread. I'm flattered that some may think it would be a good fit but after briefly looking over this thread and game I think I agree. The style of my illustration may be a good fit considering the age of the game but I really don't think the content fits the game. My illustration doesn't fit the style of the cars used in the game or even the spirit of the gameplay so I'd prefer not to submit it for consideration.

On a completely unrelated side note though, I've considered doing another version of that illustration with the modern versions of all 3 of those cars. When I originally did that, 2 of the models had ben discontinued and thought gone forever. Now that they're all new and sharing the pavement again for the first time in almost 40 years it only seems appropriate if I can find the time. ;)

It looks like #4 won!!!! :) Jahfish will be getting a free CIB of the game (if it gets done). Thanks to all of you that voted and congrats Jahfish to a great piece of artwork.

I have now put in a request for bids on game production......you can see the following link for more details:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=144181

Thanks again to all involved!!!! :)

Wonder007

Edited by Wonder007