IGNORED

Can I play an American game console on an English TV?

GOTHCLAWZ

Only if your telly has scart or is multistandard...i think most modern Plasma's/FPD's etc are multistandard....but i could be wrong

I got a big, old Sony TV with Aerial & SCART. The screen is not flat (I forget what they call those curved screen TVs).

There are universal TV's (yours probably isn't one) and there are NTS-Pal converters you can get (or usedto could)

I don't know about the RetroDuo, but some older consoles played just fine on either TV, with just some of the colors being off...so long as the scanlines aren't to much, but that's useually a problem for us Americans getting Pal stuff, not the other way around.

Could the tuner in an English VCR do the trick?

Some, but not all.

Panasonic VCRs are quite often capable of it, but try before you buy, if you can.

Sure, but it means I'll have to risk buying the Retro Duo & never using it until I get a job & can afford all of its needs. Right now I'm sucking on my parent's teets in terms of cash (still a teenager).

deathtrappomegranate hit the nail bang on the head, before I bought a TV that accepts both PAL and NTSC inputs, I used a Panasonic VCR to convert from NTSC to PAL.

Worked a treat with my Flashback 2.

Given your cash status and the fact you need to have original cartridges for the unit, if you have original consoles and simply want to improve the picture quality, why not try A/V modding? Cheap, fun and effective.

Given your cash status and the fact you need to have original cartridges for the unit, if you have original consoles and simply want to improve the picture quality, why not try A/V modding? Cheap, fun and effective.

How the hell do I mod that?

google your Sony model number and find the manual, that will tell you if it is NTSC compatible, I had a big old sony crt that was great for NTSC using scart or s-video

Hmm... it has S-video at the front.