IGNORED

Punch-Out! Wii

Zap!

I think it looks cool, but my nod to game of the year without seeing it yet has got to be Tiger Woods 10. I cannot wait to get my hands on this one!

Let us know how Little Mac does on the Wii, though!

It's getting great reviews. Game informer scored it a 9/10 and Nintendo Power (which has become more honest in recent years) gave it an 8.5/10

That's a relief. Then again, most of the 1st party "big" franchise games have been solid.

Yes true....well except for Wii Music, blah!

It's getting great reviews. Game informer scored it a 9/10 and Nintendo Power (which has become more honest in recent years) gave it an 8.5/10

That's a relief. Then again, most of the 1st party "big" franchise games have been solid.

Except it's not first party.

I also need to add that the game's ship date is the 18th. But most brick and mortar locations will not have this available to sell until Tuesday the 19th. Gamestop and Bestbuy for example show the release or available date as the 19th.

I would be intersted to know where one could actually buy this tomorrow on the 18th.

Am very excited about this one. I wonder who the final fight is against.

Very curious as to the control interface and the response sensitivity. Wii Boxing was very rough, hopefully they have fine tuned. Is the Wii Board required or is it optional?

Please post reviews, very excited!

Except it's not first party.

Really? Huh...I thought the Punchout series was a Nintendo franchise...

From the reviews it looks like it's going to be Punch Out / Super Punch Out with nicer graphics.

That makes me sad.

Of the 12 people you fight, there is only one new character.

The rest are the same old guys we fought a million times already, just prettier.

From the reviews it looks like it's going to be Punch Out / Super Punch Out with nicer graphics.

That makes me sad.

The rest are the same old guys we fought a million times already, just prettier.

Boo. Hopefully it will use the wiimote in a cool way to make it worth it.

At first I was a little disappointed that this wasn't a completely new game with new fighters. But the more I find out about this game, the more I like it. I was worried that the fighters would have the same attack patterns as the NES version, but apparently that's not the case. The new Title Defense mode, which is apparently really tough, sounds pretty cool. I'm now actually kind of glad it mostly includes the fighters from the original. It will be fun to see how they've been "re-imagined" in a modern game.

So, yeah, I'm pretty psyched about this game.

I also need to add that the game's ship date is the 18th. But most brick and mortar locations will not have this available to sell until Tuesday the 19th. Gamestop and Bestbuy for example show the release or available date as the 19th.

I would be intersted to know where one could actually buy this tomorrow on the 18th.

Target advertised in the Sunday paper that they will have it in stock at 4:00PM Monday the 18th :)

Good, those were some of the best games in their time.

I was hoping they would bring Pizza Pasta back. :)

So who got it? What do you think? I can't pick it up until Saturday :(

I got it. My son really wanted it. I played it tonight and it looks really really nice.

I fought the first 4 boxers.

Glass Joe = Same as he ever was

Van Keiser = Same as he ever was

Disco Kid = New guy. Too bad he was the third boxer. No more new characters from this point on. There was nothing to "figure out" to beat him. I knocked him out in the 2nd round. So much for the new guy...

King Hippo = Same as he ever was. Punch him in the face. Punch him repeatedly in the belly as his pants

fall down and he picks them back up. Still one knock down to knock him out.

Still addicting. Still fun. But it's honestly the same freakin' game. Really really really disapointing.

So to Snakeboy, NOTHING was re-imagined. Same look, same moves, same thing that got you stars in the old one gets you stars here.

Granted, I only saw the first 4 boxers, but that is 1/4 of them. I beat all four on the first attempt using the same moves I used on the NES and SNES. It took me about 20 minutes from the time I turned the game on to win the first belt. Maybe the other 8 boxers have new moves.

In the famous words of the Talking Heads and the great David Byrne:

Same as it ever was.

Same game with a new coat of cel shaded paint.