IGNORED

Customised Vectrex

Richard H.

Given that the cabinet is being sold on eBay, I guess the dimensions and any build detail will not be shared?

I would love to have my Vectrex look like that!!!!

Wouldnt be hard to do! Just need the time. One day maybe...After I get rid of some of my collection!

Ah, the thing most of us are the poorest for - time!

That's the rub; build instructions would cut the time needed to a couple of afternoons in the shed which is quite realistic whereas to work out the design and stuff around determining the materials would at least double the investment of time required.

Ah, the thing most of us are the poorest for - time!

That's the rub; build instructions would cut the time needed to a couple of afternoons in the shed which is quite realistic whereas to work out the design and stuff around determining the materials would at least double the investment of time required.

Easy, go online, look up a Cab design, find one you like, shrink it down the dementions to have the vectrex sit in it..

Thats what I would do...unless I wanna make something really odd shaped! Hope this helps. It is as easy as it sounds... :)

Just make sure to ventilate your custom cabs, the top of my minicade gets fairly hot after a half hour, I'm always paranoid of leaving it on for long.

Yes I shoulda added that too...

My plan is to have a couple of silent PC fans to help cool it down abit.

These are a must I would think...but Im a vent freak..you should see my Desktop, runs sooo cooool! :cool:

Just an interesting thought. Can you take the guts out of a Vectrex and attach it to a standard vector monitor and use it inside a real arcade setup? Then all one needs to do after that is to make larger colored overlays for the screen.

Just an interesting thought. Can you take the guts out of a Vectrex and attach it to a standard vector monitor and use it inside a real arcade setup? Then all one needs to do after that is to make larger colored overlays for the screen.

I asked that question afew years ago. I had 1 reply...that was "no"! then followed by a "maybe if you"! But since Im not one to tinker with the unknown I left it alone. I guess not to many ppl have tried it or even thought about it. Maybe we will get a member now who can answer it!

I asked that question afew years ago. I had 1 reply...that was "no"! then followed by a "maybe if you"! But since Im not one to tinker with the unknown I left it alone. I guess not to many ppl have tried it or even thought about it. Maybe we will get a member now who can answer it!

Always wondered about that one. Not sure it's the same type monitor. It sure would be cool on a 19" vector though!

Im guessing they are all gone, mine was 2nd to last made..You might get lucky and grab the last one EVER! If its still out there:D

I'll pm you!

If you have any hints for me......Please do pm me!!!! :D

Now, as far as the integration of a vectrex with a vector arcade monitor, there's been a guy at rec.vectrex who recently made a post about working on this integration. As far as I understood he's done a pretty good work so far....

Sadly, I don't have any more details to give....