IGNORED

demons souls confirmed american release

xg4bx

Just beat Phalanx! Yeah, eat some of THAT tasty crap! Now I can actually DO things.

(HINT: Never start the game as anything but the Royalty class. You'll hate yourself if you try anyone else.)

When I first got this game last year I had no manual, no guides, nothing to tell me what the heck I was doing and I started out as a naked Barbarian.

I died like a million times until I tried the Royal which was my third try. (My 2nd character was a Hunter).

Don't forget the cling ring Jess but it sounds like you have it. Remember to use magic from a distance for the 2nd boss. I need to catch up to Moycon.

I will be playing it this weekend. (Offline because I need to level up)

I will be playing it this weekend. (Offline because I need to level up)

Obviously (to me anyways because I've done it a dozen times) the easiest exploit to leveling up is in the 1st level and luring the red eyed knight to his doom via the stairway for a quick 2000+ souls. Knowing what I know now, I may be able to play as another class. That however remains to be seen. :cool:

There can be no doubt I have issues with this game, but don't mistake my bitching for anything more than just that.

Petty bitching.

Demon's Souls is easily my favorite PS3 game and I highly recommend it to everyone, but especially to those who love RPGs. If you've mastered many RPGs in the past, you will easily master this game. (Looks at Tempest) :)

When I first got this game last year I had no manual, no guides, nothing to tell me what the heck I was doing

Heh, I know this feeling, I purchased Shadow Man 2 for the PS2 the day it came out, and beat it probably within two weeks, but it was two LONG frustrating weeks, because in spite of having the internet...there were no guides at all for the game. None. In fact other people were hitting me up asking me how to progress. Good times. :thumbsup:

Edited by moycon

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, this game finally made me take the plunge to get a PS3. It's sooooo good. I love the uncompromising toughness, and the fact that it makes you pay for being stupid, like the old Wizardry games did.

In fact, this is the first RPg in years that's really taken what I used to love about RPGs (exploration, freedom, customization, challenge) and update them in a modern action format.

I love the setting, the plot, and well, pretty much everything, even though it occasionally makes me want to throw a controller at the wall :P

Yeah, I'm liking the PS3. :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

To anyone who is still playing...white tendency is still in effect.

The gate in the lower left when you first start the game should become unlocked. That psycho executioner chick Miranda is down there so beware. Her female only light armor kicks ass and if that doesnt work cause you have a male character then a complete set of Brushwood Armor is just below her butchery.

:)

There's also a set of rafters you can balance across to reach some treasure, I havent been able to do it. I usually fall off and die. Not sure what it is...

What is this White Tendency thing?

Tempest

There are certain gates in the game that lead to areas that can only be opened if you have white or dark tendency and usually getting that is determined by acts you do in the game.

This site looks like it breaks down the things you would have to do...

http://demonssouls.wikidot.com/world-tendency

• 1 month later...

I know I'm a little late to the party, but I've been chipping away at this game and I finally beat Flamelurker and I'm pretty pleased about it. I was stuck on him for nearly a month. I suck at magic, so I mostly kill things with my trusty axe or my not-so-trusty bow and that bugger was too fast for me for a long time. Now things are much more fun since I can make fancy weapons and the last part of level 1 is open finally and I found the crows and gave them shiny things and since I've beat at least one guy in every level but 5 I can work on more than one thing at a time and not get so frustrated playing the same part over and over and over. This game is really hard, but you can see yourself improve and so it's worth it.

• 2 weeks later...

Time to start playing the game again. White tendency is in effect till Tuesday. :D

http://playstation.joystiq.com/2010/02/12/demons-souls-bipolar-valentines-event-begins-today/

AWESOME news!

My issue last time there was White tendency is I'm stuck in the swampy level and can't figure out how to get back to the Nexus! I don't just want to press start and warp back because I'll lose all my souls! UGH.

AWESOME news!

My issue last time there was White tendency is I'm stuck in the swampy level and can't figure out how to get back to the Nexus! I don't just want to press start and warp back because I'll lose all my souls! UGH.

Ha! I know the feeling!

This is the perfect time to beat a boss or access some of the white tendency secret areas. Especially the one I mentioned earlier. (The executioner chicks armor set).

This is the perfect time to beat a boss or access some of the white tendency secret areas. Especially the one I mentioned earlier. (The executioner chicks armor set).

I'm set up to try something tomorrow. (Had to move my PS3 back to a better TV)

Not sure if I should try and find my way back, or forge ahead. LOL

Whichever, I can't wait. Man what a great game Demon Souls is!!

• 2 years later...