IGNORED

jaguar cd help

otaku

Just picked up a "tester unit" #32 off of ebay member el hombre tested it today and it won't boot a disc I get a red screen saying atari jaguar and it wont boot carts either. My jag works but the cd doesn't. What can I do to try and save it? Or should I just ask for a refund etc? I hear this happens with jags alot (sad so few were made and so many are dead/dying etc) thanks

Clean the CD unit cart port and riser card edge connector and all your carts too, using alcohol and q-tips, and a credit card with an old cotton shirt draped over it damp with alcohol for the cart port. Clean your Jag base unit like this too.

Everything on ebay comes layered in years of dirt, soot, grease and grime, why should this be any different because he worked at Atari?

Might as well clean the case as well, in and out.

Jaguar CD Players don't ever die! :roll: -they just need their CD laser mechanisms replaced! ;) : part#- VAM1202/M* is $12.80 at dalbani.com (only needed if it still doesn't work after several very thorough cleanings of everything on the unit.)

I would add, make sure the CD unit it correctly seated onto the base unit, when I first got a CD unit it would not work for that very reason and it took me several attempts to get it on correctly.

You should have two power units, one for the Jaguar and one for the CD check that they are both working.