IGNORED

32x alternatives?

GOTHCLAWZ

I heard the 32x was supposed to be cheap, but everywhere I go on the net to find a 32x they're always expensive. Are there any 3rd party remakes of the 32x? Or a place where they don't rip you off when selling them?

sega-32-x-sucks-worst-consoles-video-game.jpg

Edited by GOTHCLAWZ

I heard the 32x was supposed to be cheap, but everywhere I go on the net to find a 32x they're always expensive. Are there any 3rd party remakes of the 32x? Or a place where they don't rip you off when selling them?

sega-32-x-sucks-worst-consoles-video-game.jpg

Long answer:No

Short answer:No

Collective Answer:NO

Its hard to justify making a 32X clone when the system was a miserable failure. Sega did intend on releasing a 32X/Genesis all-in-one system that was called Neptune, however that was quickly axed when the 32X failed.

Also, just because people say they find stuff for cheap doesn't mean its the norm or that they are even telling the truth. I "could" find a brand new sealed 2600 that someone is selling in a garage sale for $5. That doesn't mean the going price for a brand new 2600 is $5.

Its hard to justify making a 32X clone when the system was a miserable failure. Sega did intend on releasing a 32X/Genesis all-in-one system that was called Neptune, however that was quickly axed when the 32X failed.

Well that AX migit claims to be researching in making it.

Well that AX migit claims to be researching in making it.

AX was going to combine an existing 32X and Genesis 2 in the same case, he is not making a 32x clone.

The point is that a Neptune is a console that was to play both 32X and Genesis games, so if he creates a console that combines both in a single console that uses the original Sega hardware it will not be as twitchy as a clone system tends to be.

Right... its the other systems put into one shell, one power supply, one video cord, no playing around... cool paint, custom art, matching controllers, light changes... I'd like to make it better than Sega would. If nothing else I'll be doing one for myself, and then offering to make more if other people like it. Fabrication of a clone would not be cost effective since you couldn't sell thousands of them. Ten, sure.

AX

Edited by the.golden.ax

Right... its the other systems put into one shell, one power supply, one video cord, no playing around... cool paint, custom art, matching controllers, light changes... I'd like to make it better than Sega would. If nothing else I'll be doing one for myself, and then offering to make more if other people like it. Fabrication of a clone would not be cost effective since you couldn't sell thousands of them. Ten, sure.

AX

Is the video cord going to be the same as the Megadrives? Because I spent a lot of money on getting a SCART lead for my Sega console, it's quite an inconvenience. But the results where superb.