IGNORED

My PS3 was stolen last night

Ite

When I got home from work last night there were keys in my door, I was like what the heck? So I went into my apartment and my PS3 and 2 controllers were missing. Somehow someone had the keys I lost like 6 months ago and the person must know me and they waited all this time came into my house stole my PS3 and left the keys in the door. It is so terrible because I had so much tuff saved on my PS3, the thing that pisses me off the most is the 5 months worth of Fallout 3 I had saved. Is there anyway they can track it down? I am gonna check the pawn shops tomorrow. Please say some prayers for me that I can find it.

:(

I'd change locks, you never know if they made a copy of the key and left the keys there hoping you think they're returning them.

If you don't, they might pay another visit.

Hope you can track down your PS3.

Edited by Atariboy

I wouldn't look too far for the theif. It's someone you know, and probably well. They knew where your house was, when you were out, and that you had a PS3 in particular. I have to assume that they stole the PS3 specifically and not anything else because the PS3 was specifically what they knew you had that they wanted. Are you sure you "lost" the keys, and didn't, say, lay them on your counter when someone was over and then notice them missing some time later? I doubt they pawned the system, as it sounds like they specifically wanted a PS3.

Terrible news. Sucks about your Fallout save too, although I recommend using the opportunity to play through it again differently. Someone stole your console, you're entirely justified in playing again as a bad guy I think. :)

Definitely change the locks. So sorry to hear about this. Horrible world we live in when the ones we have closest to us are stealing things from under our noses.

Also, thieves are dumb. Did you call the cops? If so, they probably left fingerprints on the door knob and were too stupid to wear gloves... or they left foot prints from their sneakers.

Just a thought. I'd report it. That's breaking and entering. At least that way you'd have proof as who did this to you.

I feel for you man.

You might consider a battery powered electronic entry doorknob/lock setup. The cheap ones are around $55 and this gets you out of needing keys again ever since they use keypad combinations that you create. We put one on a few years ago and love it.

I doubt they pawned the system, as it sounds like they specifically wanted a PS3.

On that train of thought, if any of your friends that might have had the opportunity to get the keys suddenly have a new PS3, might want to check the serial number when they aren't looking to make sure it doesn't match yours.

I'm really sorry to hear that this happened! You can try filing a police report, but the chances of them finding your console are slim. I would check the local pawn shops for it and see if it turns up.

Keep us posted if you manage to find it!

I checked the local pawn shops yesterday and they told me they have not recieved any PS3s, I will keep trying those, but I doubt I will ever find it. It really irks me guys. Thanks for the support though.

I ordered a PS3 80 gig with Dual Shock controller off Ebay for 284.99, free shipping. So at least i got to upgrade seeing as I had a 40 gig. Good deal right?

It was a 40 gig, not sure if it had backwards compatibility or not, but I never played any PS2 game on it anyways.

Anyone know if all my PS3 Home, like clothes and stuff in my apartment will be transferred to my new system when I log on?

Ite.......if you had sensitive personal information on your PS3, like CC #, you should contact Sony immediately. If not, then you should be able to log into your PSN account and change the password. After that you would be able to re-download all of the content you had purchased on your new PS3. I think the content is tied to the account not the console, there may be a limited number of tranfers though. The scumbag thief should lose both of his thumbs.

Ite.......if you had sensitive personal information on your PS3, like CC #, you should contact Sony immediately. If not, then you should be able to log into your PSN account and change the password. After that you would be able to re-download all of the content you had purchased on your new PS3. I think the content is tied to the account not the console, there may be a limited number of tranfers though. The scumbag thief should lose both of his thumbs.

Yeah whenever my new one comes in the mail I will change my password! Whenever I bought stuff on my account before they would email me, I haven't gotten any emails so I think it's safe to say they didn't buy anything!

Yeah whenever my new one comes in the mail I will change my password! Whenever I bought stuff on my account before they would email me, I haven't gotten any emails so I think it's safe to say they didn't buy anything!

Yeah I would wait a week or so even after you get the new one. What's the big deal, someone having free reign of your credit card?

The worst they could do is charge up a couple thousand dollars on it, and it'll be all good because you'll get emails when it happens.

You can start a thread about it if it does happen.

Hell if it happens start two of em. :cool:

Seriously dude. You should call Sony and let them know your PS3 was stolen and not to accept charges tied to that PS3, especially if you suspect the person who stole it is someone you know.

Edited by moycon

Seriously dude. You should call Sony and let them know your PS3 was stolen and not to accept charges tied to that PS3, especially if you suspect the person who stole it is someone you know.

But that would use up valuable drinking time! Drink up, throw up: drink up every night! Drink up, throw up: drink up and have fights!