IGNORED

Sega controller and Emu

StanJr

Can I use a Sega Genesis controller with the emu? And if so, what kind of hook-ups do I need and where can I get them?

These new fangled joysticks just don't cut it. They lack the finesse of the old VCS stick.

I know the Genesis controller has the same plug as the VCS stick, but I didn't know if it would work differently or use a different adapter.

Anybody?

:) :)

Most Genesis controller can be used like Atari controller. There's a few Sega brand and many 3rd party that doesn't work right, and 6 button version most likely won't work.

You could also use Sega Master System controller as well. As for hooking it up, you need to figure one of the 2 things: does the emu support game controller via parallel port? It's often the quickest and easiest way? If so, the built in help most likely will explain what needs to be done to build an adapter.

if not, you can still build an adapter that hooks up the game controller via game port. But the game port input's analog so you will need to convert the digital signal from the controller to analog signal for the game port.

This one covers connecting 2 Atari joysticks to one Gameport: http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=e...-8%26oe%3DUTF-8

(original site is in a different language with Google translator included)

Thanks Imp!  Furthering the query, could I use a standard PC joypad with an atari emu?

Just getting started in Emu, Stan?

I use a Gravis Gamepad pro for al my emus.. but the controller has a calibration problem so it doesn't work too well with ANYTHING I use it for.

Thanks Imp!  Furthering the query, could I use a standard PC joypad with an atari emu?

Just getting started in Emu, Stan?

I use a Gravis Gamepad pro for al my emus.. but the controller has a calibration problem so it doesn't work too well with ANYTHING I use it for.

I also use a gravis gamepad pro, USB version and I think it works great for just about all emus. I think it's a very great gamepad and can be picked up for pretty cheap.

• 2 weeks later...

So its a D-PAD?

I think my old roomate had one of those, the name sounds familiar.

And, no I did emu BEFORE I got my VCS, I've just always been forced to use those damned "Flight Sim" Joysticks. :x :x :x :x

Thanks for all the help, guys. I'll go get one of those!

Yeah, you should buy the other thing. I'm guessing you mean the Gravis Gamepad pro, and if you buy it, it's a very good choice. I use mine all the time, and I have recommended it to many other people. If I were you, I'd pick up the USB version, but it's your choice. I'm pretty sure you can get it for $10 or $15 at Best Buy.