IGNORED

Flip Out! bAtariBasic game.

Joel D. Park

Guys,

I've nearly finished my first bAtariBasic game.

The sound isn't the best, (I once saw a list of notes (a,b,c,d,e etc) vs. their Atari 2600 Register settings, I think that would help.

I've taken up a good chunk of a 4k cartridge, I considered making it 8K and adding little animation sequences with penguins and stuff in between levels.

Let me know what you guys think, I'm hard to offend so any suggestions are great.

As I mentioned I'm running low on Cart space. I know I have some cleanup to do and could free some bytes.

Use your IMAGINATION for the story line:

You're the zookeeper, a crazed bear (name to be determined) has jumped into the penguin tank and is totally flipping out. You're chasing him down with a tranquilizer gun. When we say flipping out, the bear is flipping chunks of ice and making large holes to fall into. You've got to get the bear while dodging the holes in the ice.. To make matters worse, the tranquilzer doesn't work quickly even once you've scored a hit, it takes a while for the tranquilzer to kick in, then it's up to you just to keep from getting killed.

If that's not enough, a monkey (name to be determined), an apparent friend of Mr. Bear, has decided to fling poo your way, in the higher levels.

Good Luck!

nice :)

i scored bit over 12700, by just lining on the top left, then after shooting him hiding bottom left. it looks like he has a pattern to always go left on the top of the screen. unless it is changing in later stages, but that will be too hard for me anyway :)

hahahah.. A Dingleberry!

I nearly busted a gut.

It's supposed to be the Tranquilizer Dart, it's so you know the bear has been hit.

It's like those cartoons that when ever someone shoots a dart it always sticks in someone's butt.

I added special code for that, it's not a bug.

Any other opinions on the Dingleberry? Hehe.

nice :)

i scored bit over 12700, by just lining on the top left, then after shooting him hiding bottom left. it looks like he has a pattern to always go left on the top of the screen. unless it is changing in later stages, but that will be too hard for me anyway :)

I'll mess with this a bit. I thought things were totally random.

I may have a double direction or something happening.

i have checked again, and again to get around 12000 all i needed to go was top left at the edge of the screen, shoot at the Mr. Bear who was always coming that path (sometimes just a little bit to the bottom, but always in more or less the same area), then quickly hide on the bottom left. Oh, Mr. Bear and monkey never reach that space.

Saying that, around 12000 Mr. Bear suddenly changed his plans, which actually surprised me enough to lose again ;)

i have checked again, and again to get around 12000 all i needed to go was top left at the edge of the screen, shoot at the Mr. Bear who was always coming that path (sometimes just a little bit to the bottom, but always in more or less the same area), then quickly hide on the bottom left. Oh, Mr. Bear and monkey never reach that space.

Saying that, around 12000 Mr. Bear suddenly changed his plans, which actually surprised me enough to lose again ;)

I have considered keeping the bear from going high enough to be shot at the top edge. It's kind of a free shot because there are no holes in the ice there. However I'll take a look at the logic too.

• 4 weeks later...