IGNORED

Is earthbound for the SNES worth $50?

Cart only  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Is earthbound worth $50?

• yes
    • no

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

@QDBuckwheat Maybe.  I'd put it that it would depend on the person to person basis of what is the proper value.

We tend to think we got to pokemon this stuff, you know, got to play 'em all, so pop a full set on a couple GB card and be done.  But, there not just could but will be the case where someone wants 1-3 specific titles, that's it.  Those titles could be some horrific bs price to pay, while a 1:1-ish copy will set them back maybe $20 a pop.  The super everdrive is around $60-80 depending on if you want DSP1-4 support, the SD2SNES/FX PackPro is a $200-215 kit.

If someone just wanted say like just one stock game, no special chips like Earthbound or R-Type III they can be $20/ea into those, or hundreds into the originals, kind of stupid to pay up for that, and a flash kit still would cost a bit to notably more.  I know if you repurpose some chips, it can add up some, like a SA1 or a FX cart, but not that terrible typically, as you can find the cheapest variant of that to cannibalize.  And that would fall well under the $200 price of the FXPack Pro.

I do agree though, I mean if you start wanting like 5-10 games or more, and the price edges up and over the actual flash kit, even if you never load the dumb thing up with a ROM dump of epic proportions, it's still cheaper.  1:1's have a good place, with how toxic things are now, now more than ever, but so do flash kits depending on the buyers wishes.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, 0078265317 said:

First one is a fake too like the third with the conveniently just blurred enough image.  The middle that's fine, also very cheap given what stupid rates it hits now so don't expect that to stay under 1000.  In this case, a new plastic, new sticker 1:1, new security screws, new board version of it is entirely acceptable for anyone who is sane and not a diehard must have collector.  Sad as it may be.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

Well you just said the problem, ebay and 'common sense' so I'm sure someone will just click and go thinking nothing of the sort other than great deal. :D

Not saying I'm ok with these sellers, but "a fool and his money" is well known for a reason.