IGNORED

WUDSN IDE: The free integrated Atari 8-bit development plugin for Eclipse

13 hours ago, TGB1718 said:

I decided to give this a go and have decided to compile an old MAC/65 project I created donkey's years ago.

After a bit of fiddling it compiled ok

3 things I can't seem to figure out

1. how do you change the default location for the output files (.lst .lab)

I've checked the help, can't see anything there (help seems to concentrate on command line, I'm using the IDE) 

2. how do you change the compiler options in the IDE (would probably solve question 1 if I could)

3. How can you output a listing of the assembled code (like the output to screen or printer in MAC/65)

thanks in advance.

ad 1/2) Menu Window/preferences. What & where the assembler outputs depends on these settings.

image.thumb.png.b98c1aa08ea6744c182c1451bf827570.png

ad 3) That is exactly the .lst file in case of ATASM and MADS

@JAC! thank you so much, my bad on 2 counts, when I looked at the preferences, it was under "Window" so assumed

it had nothing to do with the assembler (strange place to put it ? )

Also, I looked at the output .lst file and scrolled down about 1/2 way and could only see data from an included file

and the original listing, what I wanted was a bit further down (that'll teach me to look properly :) )

Just need to lookup macro's now to see how you pass parameters in, doesn't work the same as MAC/65

EDIT: got macro's sorted too :)

Edited by TGB1718
  • Thanks 1

Somehow Windows seems to have corrupted my Eclipse installation, so I downloaded the current version

however it offers many options on what type of IDE to install, I tried one, but it's not suitable, does someone

which IDE I should choose:-

image.thumb.png.992179d99fa22e98f7f12499c180340f.png

Edit: It's OK, I just imported WUDSN and it seems to be working fine

Edited by TGB1718

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/27/2021 at 5:31 PM, Stephen said:

Excellent timing!  I am just setting up a fresh Windows install on a laptop that is dedicated to Emulation and Atari coding.  I'll give this a try.

Partial success.  I had a not too old version (2020-06), but the workspaces I had will not import.  The folder shows up, but none of my files inside it do.  I have to work late this evening (13 hour day minimum) but I am hoping to have more time to test this tomorrow - to see what the issue may actually be.

I'm having some readability issues with the dark theme (lack of contrast) - but it seems that everything is configurable.  I'll also try to see if I can more closely duplicate what VS2022 did.  I have really bad "floaters" in both eyes and am also colour blind so very sensitive to such tings.  What looks good to me, I usually get told looks terrible for "normal" folks.

EDIT:
Ran your installer on a clean OS (Windows 10).  Was super fast and easy, everything just worked!  Thanks so much for all the work you have done on this. 

P.S.

I found https://marketplace.eclipse.org/content/darkest-dark-theme to be a lot higher contrast for my terrible vision.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, OmaOhneBH said:

Downloaded the zip file, a few seconds after extracting wudsn.exe automatically got deleted by Windows virus protection (all other files remain untouched). False positive, I assume, right?

Definitely a false positive.  I'm running this very install on 2 separate Windows 10 machines, all is fine.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, OmaOhneBH said:

a few seconds after extracting wudsn.exe automatically got deleted by Windows virus protection

Sounds like you need a decent Virus Protection Program, one that at least asks you what you want

to do with suspicious programs (good old windows, never gives you a choice for anything)

Edited by TGB1718
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TGB1718 said:

Sounds like you need a decent Virus Protection Program, one that at least asks you what you want

to do with suspicious programs (good old windows, never gives you a choice for anything)

Yes, that is really the problem. The .exe simply wraps the .bat file, it it was version information, icons etc. In case of problems, you can run just the .bat file.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Sorry, saw this too late, so posted my problem here in the programming subforum.

I upgraded Eclipse to the newest version (4.22) and installed WUDSN but can't compile/assemble the demo project using MADS as I get the following error message:

Cannot execute compiler process .... System error: Cannot run program "/.../mads.macosx-i386" (in directory "/.../Atari800"): error=86, Bad CPU type in executable

Any ideas? 

Running on macOS 12.0.1 Monterey with a Core i7 CPU.

Not that big a deal, really, but I downloaded and installed the full version ready to run last weekend. All is fine and working great except for the C64 part of it. I just can't assemble and run the example file. Atari 2600 and 8bit and Apple II work great. 

I'm not planning to use it for C64 since I prefer coding for the Atari, but I wanted to check if it was something on my side or in the zip file or config that is wrong.

2 hours ago, Tuxon86 said:

Not that big a deal, really, but I downloaded and installed the full version ready to run last weekend. All is fine and working great except for the C64 part of it. I just can't assemble and run the example file. Atari 2600 and 8bit and Apple II work great. 

I'm not planning to use it for C64 since I prefer coding for the Atari, but I wanted to check if it was something on my side or in the zip file or config that is wrong.

i guessing that maybe you were trying to assemble the C64 example file with MADS instead of KickAss assembler. You have to manually open the C64 file with the KickAss editor to get the normal assemble and run buttons to work correctly. The other example files are all MADS compatible, so they work with the default settings for .ASM files

Unfortunately due to a change in Eclipse you have to manually open files that need a non-default editor every time. In the past it would remember the preferred editor for each file, but no longer with the latest versions of Eclipse.

• Like 2

On 1/3/2022 at 11:21 PM, slx said:

Sorry, saw this too late, so posted my problem here in the programming subforum.

Anwser: On new Mac OS you have to use the 64 bit version. See mads.macos-x86-64 on https://github.com/peterdell/wudsn-ide-tools/tree/main/ASM/MADS

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
On 9/24/2021 at 2:05 AM, JAC! said:

On the feature side, I  have started the next major refactoring. I had postponed this for many years, but the recent developments of tebe regarding Mad Pascal encouraged me do start now. The first iteration of WUDSN was ATASM and Atari only. The second was multiple assemblers and Atari. The third iteration was multiple assemblers on multiple targets (C64, Atari, NES, ...). And now the fourth will enable support for multiple languages, esp, Mad Pascal. This will ultimately also solve the "Assembler" vs. "Compiler" terminology issue, which always bothered me (being a notric pedant with wording).

It's a huge project and changes of breaking things on the way  are high, so I'll see how I can setup a seperate download for those who want to help testing.

Downloads.thumb.png.7d6c03b50f63c3b64d58a1ef3d14c21b.png

Hello JAC!,

as i'm regularly programming in Mad Pascal and using your great WUDSN as IDE for that, i was excited to hear your announcement of tighter Mad Pascal integration in the next version of WUSDN.
So I'm curious how it's going with that project and if there is some progress.. :)

Edited by Atlan_Roland

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/21/2022 at 11:16 AM, Atlan_Roland said:

Hello JAC!,

as i'm regularly programming in Mad Pascal and using your great WUDSN as IDE for that, i was excited to hear your announcement of tighter Mad Pascal integration in the next version of WUSDN.
So I'm curious how it's going with that project and if there is some progress.. :)

Thanks for asking. Effectively Murphy's law kicked in and everything that could possibly go wrong went wrong. Up to the point where I couldn't find the root cause for several issues after the refactoring and was considering to revert it all. Simply too many loose ends.... So after quite long hiatus period I found the nerves again the past 3 weeks to sit down a systematically test and fix. I could find the main issue and am fixining it now. I also identified two already existing issues in a) the graphics conversion (cause "no converer selected issues") and b) non-work export of RMT files from SAP files. The latter two have already been fixed. I hope to release a first version of the new code in the next 1-2 weeks.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 8/21/2022 at 11:16 AM, Atlan_Roland said:

Hello JAC!,

Finally there's progress. I've updated the daily build on the update site "https://www.wudsn.com/update/daily".
If your update was succesful, you'll see that the preferences now offer settings for both "Assembler" and "Pascal".

image.thumb.png.e260ac019cba7472b01bbdfdd51165ca.png

Everything else should be the same and work as before. In particular the Mad Pascal integration is still rudimentary.

Notes:

- It contains the fix for a major bug in 1.7.x, that cause the Graphics Conversion Editor to fail loading with "No converter selected...".
- Zero installation download etc. are still untouched

I'm looking forward to your feedback.

• Like 1

My install report. Sorry, i couldn't get it running 😕

Install attempt #1:

currently using & working with your WUDSN zero installation distribution based on Eclipse 2019-06 (4.12):

Eclipse Platform    4.12.0.I20190605-1800    org.eclipse.platform.ide    Eclipse.org
  WUDSN IDE    1.7.1.202010162127    com.wudsn.ide.feature.feature.group    WUDSN

added the "daily WUDSN" update there, and did an "check update", but couldn't progress:

operation cannot be completed:
Cannot complete the install because one or more required items could not be found.
  Software being installed: WUDSN IDE 1.7.2.202209110141 (com.wudsn.ide.feature.feature.group 1.7.2.202209110141)
  Missing requirement: WUDSN IDE Graphics Plugin 1.7.2.202209110141 (com.wudsn.ide.gfx 1.7.2.202209110141) requires 'osgi.bundle; org.junit 0.0.0' but it could not be found
  Cannot satisfy dependency:
    From: WUDSN IDE 1.7.2.202209110141 (com.wudsn.ide.feature.feature.group 1.7.2.202209110141)
    To: org.eclipse.equinox.p2.iu; com.wudsn.ide.gfx [1.7.2.202209110141,1.7.2.202209110141]

my guess is that there are dependencies to newer Eclipse versions, so on to my next attempt with your new WUDSN installer

Install attempt #2:

downloaded https://github.com/peterdell/wudsn-ide-install/raw/main/wudsn.exe ( by disabling Windows defender); copied it into c:\wudsn and ran it.

Unfortunately there is nothing to see of WUDSN after the install in the new Eclipse environment, although its listed in the 'Installed Software' List)

Added the the "daily WUDSN"  update repository and did an update, but still no luck.

(Also tried a install in a different folder - C:\jac\wudsn -  same results)

I guess my install is missing something - or i missed some prerequisite?

Attached are the:

- WUDSN install.log

- Eclipse -> About -> Config 

- Eclipse -> About -> Config -> View Error

Reverted back to my WUDSN Zero Installation Version with Eclipse 1.9.2 which still works fine.

If anyone got a clue what i'm doing wrong i'd be glad to know.

Eclipse_About_View_Error_Log_2022.09.11.txt Eclipse_About_Config_2022.09.11.txt wudsn.log

Edited by Atlan_Roland

• 2 months later...
On 9/11/2022 at 1:05 AM, JAC! said:

It contains the fix for a major bug in 1.7.x, that cause the Graphics Conversion Editor to fail loading with "No converter selected...".

Tried to install the daily build (since the aforementioned Graphics Conversion editor issue is tripping me up every five minutes at the moment), but I get this:

579074303_WUDSNUpdateFail.thumb.png.9c6c4ddb0e3a64ddbf1853317838be29.png

Hi there,

I had a server issue and lost most of the downloads. Unfortunately also the two last monthly backups don't contain the files. I had to restore the downloads folder from January. 
I also see the daily is incomplete for probably the same reason. It'll take time to anaylze and fix this - sorry guys!

• Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...

'Update software' picked up an update from the WUDSN site, so I went ahead and let it install, and it's completely nuked the WUDSN plugin (Assembler options have disappeared). Reinstallation after uninstallation is not working either. Time to grab those backups. :)

EDIT: OK - the backup installation was older and the graphics converter actually works better now. ;)

Edited by flashjazzcat