IGNORED

WUDSN IDE: The free integrated Atari 8-bit development plugin for Eclipse

please do not forget to include the Mac OS X version of MADS.

Hmm, where should I include it (and where is it?). The IDE will only link the Download sites. Regarding ATASM the sourceforge archive will be updated. For MADs I don't have a contact (and not Mac to test on)...

Hi Peter,

should be around here on the forum when I started to have a chat regarding my hackintosh...

mads.zip

2009-06-28 IDE update 1.1.0 released

I finally made it an the preferences do no longer cause eye cancer, though they still don't lik excatly like they should.

You can use the menu entry "Help/Software updates/Available Software" to update from version 1.0.0 to 1.1.0.

If you have any problems during installation, uninstall version 1.0.0 first.

Note that you have to do you compiler settings again since the data structure of the preferences was changed to support multiple compilers at once.

Please visit www.wudsn.com for the complete list of features, fixes and site updates.

It's 03:20 am now, one beer and one sex on the beach (the one in the glass), so please be gentel if you find some bug ;-)

See you tomorrow!

on OS X on a first glance it looks good but the preferneces menu the text field where I enter the output paths for the desired assemblers is not visible. I can see the text description but not possible to enter something.

and even if I do not alter the default settings but when trying to point to Atari800MacX emulator (.app) I can not press the button "apply".

I haven't tested it on XP yet as I am on the Mac right now (Samsung NC10) so not on an original one but did some of the Mac users manage to get it run correctly? (MADS or XASM)

ps. how can I make screenshots in OSX?

and even if I do not alter the default settings but when trying to point to Atari800MacX emulator (.app) I can not press the button "apply".

Ah! According to CAS' explantion the ".app" is a folder, not a file. Therefore the FileSelector rejects it. I'll check that out.

hey peter,

thanks for the update.

I'm using WUDSN with Mads. Could you summarize what you mean with "preliminary support"? What I've seen so far:

- missing outline for mads filetype

- missing problems view for mads filetpye

- missing problem highlighting for mads filetype

And a little bug report: (Not sure if this is specific to Mads).

What I find very annoying is that after compilation I loose the focus of the editor window. the focus then goes to "Console View". usually I test-compile my code and continue working in the source code. however I must now use the mouse to get the focus back to the editor. The usual "ctrl-tab" keystroke does not switch the components in Eclipse ..

greetings,

\twh!

Hi all,

I'm happy to see that the installation of the update works - I had some trouble when I tried the intermediate version.

Hi TWH,

On the "Features" tab you can find the section "Planned Features" and there's a complete feature matrix.

post-17404-1246197475_thumb.png

The lost focus is a bug introduced by the new feature to automatically open the "Problem" and "Console" view (I even forgot to list that one in the features...). I've just fixed it in my source and it'll be available in the next update.

Hi Mac Users,

the issue with the "*.app" turned out to be a general Eclipse problem under MacOS X, see BUG 82155. Unfortunately that bug is open for 4 years now, so I don't expect a solution from there. I tried to find something like a "MacOS X Trial" where I can try the IDE but without success. So maybe you can send me PMs with the step/screenshot.

hey peter,

ok perfect! I first misunderstood the table. I thought of some feature-comparison of the assembler itself.

so improving the Mads support would be really great. at least compile log parsing would make the wudsn-mads release a valuable thing. so far it's more or less a pimped-up text editor :)

how is that compile log parsing implemented? how hard is it to include some mads-specific opcodes?

grtx,

\twh!

i install wusdn, and waiting on progress with mads/xasm support

mads one line comment (Code Genie syntax file) (\n = "new line")

BlockStart   comment1  *
BlockEnd	 comment1  \n

Example:
*comment

BlockStart   comment2;
BlockEnd	 comment2  \n

Example:
;comment

BlockStart   comment3  //
BlockEnd	 comment3  \n

Example:
//comment

mads multi line comment

BlockStart   comment4  /*
BlockEnd	 comment4  */

Example:
/*comment*/

/*
comment
*/

lda #12+ /*comment*/ 9

/*********************************************
fdsldfksldkflskd;lfksl;d
sfsdfs
gsfdgfd
ble ble comment
**********************************************/

mads mnemonics (6502 and 65816)

lda   ldx   ldy   sta   stx   sty   adc   and 
 asl   sbc   jsr   jmp   lsr   ora   cmp   cpy 
 cpx   dec   inc   eor   rol   ror   brk   clc 
 cli   clv   cld   php   plp   pha   pla   rti 
 rts   sec   sei   sed   iny   inx   dey   dex 
 txa   tya   txs   tay   tax   tsx   nop   bpl 
 bmi   bne   bcc   bcs   beq   bvc   bvs   bit 
 stz   sep   rep   trb   tsb   bra   cop   mvn 
 mvp   pea   phb   phd   phk   phx   phy   plb 
 pld   plx   ply   rtl   stp   tcd   tcs   tdc 
 tsc   txy   tyx   wai   wdm   xba   xce   dea
 ina   brl   jsl   jml

mads pseudo command

equ   opt   org   ins   dta   icl   run   ext
 ini   ift   eli   els   eif   ert   smb   blk
 sin   rnd   end

mads macro command

req   rne   rpl   nmb   rmb   lmb   del   ded
 rmi   rcc   rcs   rvc   rvs   seq   sne   spl
 smi   scc   scs   svc   svs	jeq   jne   jpl
 jmi   jcc   jcs   jvc   jvs   ext   add   sub
 mva   mvx   mvy   mwa   mwx   mwy   inw   dew
 adw   sbw   phr   plr   adb   sbb   inl   ind
 cpb   cpw   cpl   cpd

mads directives (with DOT at first char)

.macro .endm   .proc   .endp   .rept   .endr   .exit
 .local .endl   .struct .ends   .error  .print  .if
 .else  .elseif .endif  .byte   .word   .long   .dword
 .or	.and	.xor	.not	.ds	 .db	 .dw
 .def   .array  .enda   .hi	 .lo	 .get	.put
 .sav	.pages	.endpg  .reloc  .extrn  .public .var
 .reg	.while	.endw   .by	 .wo	 .he	 .en
 .sb	.test	.endt   .lend	.endw
 .pend	.aend	.wend   .tend   .send   .fl	 .symbol
 .link  .global .globl  .adr	.len	.mend   .pgend
 .rend  .using  .use	.echo   .align  .zpvar  .enum
 .ende  .eend   .elif

mads directives (with HASH at first char), generating 6502 code

#while
#if
#else
#end

mads blocks

.MACRO -> .ENDM (.MEND)	.END not accepted for MACRO block
.LOCAL -> .ENDL (.LEND) (.END)
.PROC -> .ENDP (.PEND) (.END)
.STRUCT -> .ENDS (.SEND) (.END)
.ENUM -> .ENDE (.EEND) (.END)
.ARRAY -> .ENDA (.AEND) (.END)
.REPT -> .ENDR (.REND) (.END)
.PAGES -> .ENDPG (.PGEND) (.END)

#WHILE -> #END
#IF .. #ELSE -> #END

Edited by tebe

BlockStart   comment1  *
BlockEnd	 comment1  \n

Example:
*comment

BlockStart   comment2;
BlockEnd	 comment2  \n

Example:
;comment

BlockStart   comment3  //
BlockEnd	 comment3  \n

Example:
//comment

BlockStart   comment4  /*
BlockEnd	 comment4  */

Example:
/*comment*/

/*
comment
*/

lda #12+ /*comment*/ 9

/*********************************************
fdsldfksldkflskd;lfksl;d
sfsdfs
gsfdgfd
ble ble comment
**********************************************/
 lda   ldx   ldy   sta   stx   sty   adc   and 
 asl   sbc   jsr   jmp   lsr   ora   cmp   cpy 
 cpx   dec   inc   eor   rol   ror   brk   clc 
 cli   clv   cld   php   plp   pha   pla   rti 
 rts   sec   sei   sed   iny   inx   dey   dex 
 txa   tya   txs   tay   tax   tsx   nop   bpl 
 bmi   bne   bcc   bcs   beq   bvc   bvs   bit 
 stz   sep   rep   trb   tsb   bra   cop   mvn 
 mvp   pea   phb   phd   phk   phx   phy   plb 
 pld   plx   ply   rtl   stp   tcd   tcs   tdc 
 tsc   txy   tyx   wai   wdm   xba   xce   dea
 ina   brl   jsl   jml

equ opt org ins dta icl run ext

ini ift eli els eif ert smb blk

sin rnd end

req rne rpl nmb rmb lmb del ded

rmi rcc rcs rvc rvs seq sne spl

smi scc scs svc svs jeq jne jpl

jmi jcc jcs jvc jvs ext add sub

mva mvx mvy mwa mwx mwy inw dew

adw sbw phr plr adb sbb inl ind

cpb cpw cpl cpd

.macro .endm .proc .endp .rept .endr .exit

.local .endl .struct .ends .error .print .if

.else .elseif .endif .byte .word .long .dword

.or .and .xor .not .ds .db .dw

.def .array .enda .hi .lo .get .put

.sav .pages .endpg .reloc .extrn .public .var

.reg .while .endw .by .wo .he .en

.sb .test .endt .lend .endw

.pend .aend .wend .tend .send .fl .symbol

.link .global .globl .adr .len .mend .pgend

.rend .using .use .echo .align .zpvar .enum

.ende .eend .elif

#while

#if

#else

#end

.MACRO -> .ENDM (.MEND) .END not accepted for MACRO block

.LOCAL -> .ENDL (.LEND) (.END)

.PROC -> .ENDP (.PEND) (.END)

.STRUCT -> .ENDS (.SEND) (.END)

.ENUM -> .ENDE (.EEND) (.END)

.ARRAY -> .ENDA (.AEND) (.END)

.REPT -> .ENDR (.REND) (.END)

.PAGES -> .ENDPG (.PGEND) (.END)

#WHILE -> #END

#IF .. #ELSE -> #END[/code]

AMEN!!!

How do you reset the error flags? This problem still persists: If a fatal compile error results in no object file being produced, subsequent (corrected and successful) assemblies still report "Error: no object file produced", even though the object file has actually been written to disk.

...Oops... I did a bit more reading and it's a bug in Eclipse itself. Can't find the workaround on the tracker, though.

Edited by flashjazzcat

How do you reset the error flags? This problem still persists: If a fatal compile error ..

Can you mail me the example source please? I had this before but I cannot reproduce it.

How do you reset the error flags? This problem still persists: If a fatal compile error ..

Can you mail me the example source please? I had this before but I cannot reproduce it.

It's actually 15,000 lines of code but the attached I just put together does the same thing for me (it's just a sub-folder from my project workspace):

Test.zip

Inside the project "test", open up "test1.asm" and "test2.asm" in WUDSN. "test1.asm" is the main assembly file, with "test2.asm" the included file. As it stands, it compiles OK. However, with the focus on "test2.asm" instead of "test1.asm", compile the code. Naturally you'll get an error since "temp" is defined outside of the code (in test1.asm). Put the focus back on "test1.asm" and compile it. It shouldn't report any errors, but it still does, and always will until you restart Eclipse.

Hi flashjazzcat,

I got the idea that you just didn't configure the problems view. By default the problems view shows all errors in all resources of the whole project, which is not useful in most cases (not even in Java). You can simply change that to display the problems of the selected resource only. Please check.

post-17404-1246398615_thumb.pngpost-17404-1246398619_thumb.png

Hi flashjazzcat,

I got the idea that you just didn't configure the problems view. By default the problems view shows all errors in all resources of the whole project, which is not useful in most cases (not even in Java). You can simply change that to display the problems of the selected resource only. Please check.

post-17404-1246398615_thumb.pngpost-17404-1246398619_thumb.png

No, I didn't configure the problems view. I'll give that a try. Thanks!

Hi there,

Here's a short update on the progress. I have added the support for multiple comment delimiters and block comments (which was a pre-requistsite) and started to implement the MADS details. The sheer amount of directives make it a bit hard in conjunction with the "non-English" manual. Therefore I'm creating "reference" sources first now. Yesterday I had the first version of Log file parsing running, i.e. support for the Problems view. Thanks to tebe for his support. (There will be more PMs tomorrow :-) ). I also fixed some of the bugs (focus lost, cursor positioning to first error automatically). Besides I added additional source features that I was missing all the time (sorting case/insensitive/numeric/reverse/remove duplicate) and which are very helpful in checking the opcodes and directives list.

post-17404-1246751844_thumb.pngpost-17404-1246751850_thumb.png

Regarding the Mac OSX issue with the file selector/application starting I found a site which describes who to circumvent this platform specific issue. But I neither have a Mac to test nor some screen shot from anybody by now (what is offered in the file selector/passwed to the input field). I'd really like to seem them so I can send a small test program to somebody for analysis.

Regards, Peter.

Hi there,

Here's a short update on the progress. I have added the support for multiple comment delimiters and block comments (which was a pre-requistsite) and started to implement the MADS details. The sheer amount of directives make it a bit hard in conjunction with the "non-English" manual. Therefore I'm creating "reference" sources first now. Yesterday I had the first version of Log file parsing running, i.e. support for the Problems view. Thanks to tebe for his support. (There will be more PMs tomorrow :-) ). I also fixed some of the bugs (focus lost, cursor positioning to first error automatically). Besides I added additional source features that I was missing all the time (sorting case/insensitive/numeric/reverse/remove duplicate) and which are very helpful in checking the opcodes and directives list.

post-17404-1246751844_thumb.pngpost-17404-1246751850_thumb.png

Regarding the Mac OSX issue with the file selector/application starting I found a site which describes who to circumvent this platform specific issue. But I neither have a Mac to test nor some screen shot from anybody by now (what is offered in the file selector/passwed to the input field). I'd really like to seem them so I can send a small test program to somebody for analysis.

Regards, Peter.

Hi Peter

Let me know exactly what you need from the Mac side and I'll send it over. I'm happy to test also.

2009-07-12 IDE update 1.2.0 released

Check out the details on www.wudsn.com.

After a major rework a lot of new features were added and the first usable version of the MADS integration is available now. Now "only" content outline and label file creation are not available yet. I know may people are waiting for the content outline, but I first had to get the syntax for all definitions of pseudo opcodes and directives straight and had to extend the parsing to block comments. Otherwise parsing for a content outline is simply not possible. And comparing the 61 definitions in ATASM (described in an English manual) to the 168 (!) definitions in MADS (described in a Polish manual) you may understand what kept me busy in the past weeks. And without the great support from Tebe for the technical details it would surely not have been possible! Also my wife did a great job in translating the relevant sections of the MADS manual for me, so thanks for that!

Unfortunately the starting the emulator automatically on MacOS X does not work yet. At least if have Mac OS X emulation up and running now for my tests and found out that the problem is passing parameters to the "open" command in addition to the binary file name. Maybe somebody here knows how to do that. Or maybe even Atari800MacOSX does not support any parameter apart from the binary file name...

04:08 AM See you tomorrow ;-)

JAC!

Thanks, Peter!

cool stuff. I have some logic issues when getting Gridrunner into Eclipse... (at this stage I am on XP not Mac)

first I am creating a project "Gridrunner" and copy/pase the source code into a new text file and save it as .ASM

but when trying to compile I got syntax errors...all my vars would need to be converted... all EQUs into = and ORG into *=.

what I am doing wrong? do I need to deselect the paths to other compilers except to MADS.exe? of where do I configure which assembler to use?

further where can I enable this code previews?