IGNORED

WUDSN IDE: The free integrated Atari 8-bit development plugin for Eclipse

Hi Peter,

Thank you for replying.

I did check the console tab and am getting an empty compiler output

"Compiler Output: "

It's almost as if it can't find ATASM... :-/

Will try an install on my Intel Mac to see if it makes any difference. ;-)

The versions of the assemblers I built and posted here were all Intel. I can build PPC versions on my PowerBook if anyone needs them but I haven't looked into how to make Universal Binaries. Given the small size of these things I doubt there's much point?

Edited by spookt

I remember my friend had an Atari, I think it was before I got my C64 (I'd had a BBC Model B hmm and I think a spectrum 48k rubber key thing) and I reaaaaaly wanted one when he showed me all the pretty colours ;)

All I need to do for Eclipse is remap my £ key to a # lol I'm so used to typing #$number and the keys being next to each other (even just going back to messing around on a c64 emu last night to test some 6502 code). Takes my brain too long to find my # key on a normal PC keyboard :)

The versions of the assemblers I built and posted here were all Intel. I can build PPC versions on my PowerBook if anyone needs them but I haven't looked into how to make Universal Binaries. Given the small size of these things I doubt there's much point?

Hi Spookt,

By any chance, can you build a PPC release ?

My main computer still is a PPC platform (the Mac Intel is mostly for writing scores).

Thanks a bunch,

PA.

Hi Spookt,

By any chance, can you build a PPC release ?

My main computer still is a PPC platform (the Mac Intel is mostly for writing scores).

Thanks a bunch,

PA.

Sure I'll have a look at it tomorrow. Do you want one in particular ? I guess I can try all three.

Sure I'll have a look at it tomorrow. Do you want one in particular ? I guess I can try all three.

Hi Spookt,

The fix we need for MacOS (and Linux, as tested today) is:

if not(t[1] in ['/','-']) then begin

need to be changed into

if not(t[1] in ['-']) then begin

I tried to create MacOS binaries with FPC under Linux but that would require additional files and effort. So maybe you can take that task.

Regards, Peter.

Hi Spookt,

The fix we need for MacOS (and Linux, as tested today) is:

need to be changed into

if not(t[1] in ['-']) then begin

I tried to create MacOS binaries with FPC under Linux but that would require additional files and effort. So maybe you can take that task.

Regards, Peter.

Sorry Peter - where does that need to be applied?

procedure INITIALIZE

(*----------------------------------------------------------------------------*)
(*  przetwarzanie parametrow, inicjalizacja zmiennych						 *)
(*----------------------------------------------------------------------------*)

plik_asm:=''; 

if ParamCount<1 then Syntax;

// odczyt parametrow
for IORes:=1 to ParamCount do begin
 t:=ParamStr(IORes);

if t<>'' then

if plik_asm<>'' then	  
Syntax
  else
plik_asm:=t

end else begin

Hi,

Tebe has relase V1.8.8 of MADS including the fix. I've successully build the binaries of ATASM and MADS under Linux and even could get the Atar800 emulator running. Now I'm trying to get FPC running under MacOS X and fix the rest.

post-17404-1248084877_thumb.png

OK folks here are OSX PPC versions of MADS 1.8.8 and ATasm 1.06. I grabbed the MADS source this morning and it looks like it already had the fix mentioned above applied.

Does anyone need and Intel build since these are newer than the last versions I posted?

atasm106_osx_ppc.zipmads_188_osx_ppc.zip

Sorry I didn't get these up sooner. Real life got in the way again ;)

As usual to save space the zips contain just the binary, no source or documentation. If you need the docs you'll need to download the distribution packages from the appropriate project page.

EDIT: Meant to say I'm having a problem with xasm as the D compiler for OSX doesn't play nice with Leopard. I got round it somehow on my Intel box but for the life of me I can't remember how. I'll figure it out and post it as soon as I can.

Edited by spookt
  • Like 1

Hi,

just tested WUDSN IDE, Atari 800 + ATASM on Solaris 10 x86 and it works like a charm.

I have installed eclipse from the package manager in Solaris, and Atari800 and ATASM from the source tar balls.

Carsten

Edited by cas

Intel Mac OS X 10.5.7 please... ;)

Your wish ;) ...

atasm106_intel_osx.zipmads_188_intel_osx.zip

Enjoy :)

just for the records... this mads version for mac os x is 1.8.5? not 1.8.8?

The downloaded package says 1.8.8 ad the comments in the code agree. However the version string (mads -v) says 1.8.5. I'm guessing the version info hasn't been updated through the last couple of patches?

prometheusii:Atari Assemblers paul$ head -15 mads.pas 
(*  Mad-Assembler v1.8.8 by Tomasz Biela (aka Tebe/Madteam)				   *)
(*																			*)
(*  support 6502, 65816, Sparta DOS X, virtual banks						  *)
(*  .LOCAL, .MACRO, .PROC, .STRUCT, .ARRAY, .REPT, .PAGES, .ENUM			  *)
(*  #WHILE, #IF, #ELSE														*)
(*																			*)
(*  last changes: 19.07.2009												  *)

// Free Pascal Compiler, http://www.freepascal.org/
// Compile: fpc -Mdelphi -vh -O3 mads.pas

program MADS;

EDIT: Just recompiled it from that very file and it still claims to be 1.8.5 but looking at the source I can see the OS X / Linux patch has been applied.

Edited by spookt