IGNORED

C64 Arcade Ports in Cartridge Format

I'm beginning my collection of Commodore 64 classic arcade ports in cartridge format. I'm not able to find a definitive database online and have been piece mealing from what I am finding in want lists and carts for sale.

If there is anything missing in my list, please post a reply.

BattleZone

Buck Rogers: Planet of Zoom

Blueprint

Centipede

Clowns

Congo Bongo

Defender

Dig Dug

Donkey Kong

Frenzy

Frogger

Galaga

Galaxian

Gorf

Gyruss

Jr. Pac-Man

Jungle Hunt

Kickman

Missile Command

Moon Patrol

Mouse Trap

Ms. Pac-Man

Omega Race

Pac-Man

Pengo

Pole Position

Pooyan

Popeye

Q*bert

Ms. Pac-Man

Robotron: 2084

Satan's Hollow

Seawolf

Solar Fox

Space Invaders

Spy Hunter

Star Trek

Star Wars: The Arcade Game

Tapper

Up N Down

Wizard of Wor

Zaxxon

Frenzy

Galaga

Missile Command

Mouse Trap

Pengo

Space Invaders

Those games were not (officially) released on the C64...certainly not on cartridge.

Jr. Pac-Man

Pooyan

Satan's Hollow

Those games were only released on disk, no cartridge.

Mayhem has a complete list of cartridges on his site. You can pick out all the arcade ports yourself.

I got my copy of Clowns which was pretty good, although game play certainly not as good as the 2600 Circus.

I also got a copy of Congo Bongo and boy were the graphics horrible! I understand there may be two versions of this game and apparently I got the crap version.

I also got a copy of Congo Bongo and boy were the graphics horrible! I understand there may be two versions of this game and apparently I got the crap version.

The version with the better graphics and all the screens was only released on disk and is very rare.

The version with the better graphics and all the screens was only released on disk and is very rare.

Yup, I have a cracked copy from way back in the 80's on physical disk.

I also found the d64 image a long time ago. The disk version on the C64 is the best home version of Congo Bongo I've played.

On cartridge I have:

MS. Pac-Man

Moon Patrol

Pac-Man

Oils Well

Donket Kong

Dig Dug

Centipede

BC's Quest for Tires (I think I have this)

Frogger

Let us know what you find!

I loved Congobongo, Still got it, and as there's no extra hardware, I still play it. But the hit detection seems to be off, especially with the sudo 3D frogger level, where it seems you have to jump between turtles in order to get across (or maybe I'm thinking osmething else)

Wow, there are TONS of carts for teh C64, that thing could litterally be a cart system standalone. I really need to see if I can find some now.

I loved Congobongo, Still got it, and as there's no extra hardware, I still play it. But the hit detection seems to be off, especially with the sudo 3D frogger level, where it seems you have to jump between turtles in order to get across (or maybe I'm thinking osmething else)

Wow, there are TONS of carts for teh C64, that thing could litterally be a cart system standalone. I really need to see if I can find some now.

Do you know how to get past that second level? I haven't figured it out yet.

Actually my wife, who has very little interest in video games, bought the C64 to play Peanut Butter Panic.

Like I said, the turtles and hit detectionn seem to be way off, you just jump like an hour befor it gets there and don't move once youland and hope for luck to swing your way, same with the platforms in the middle, the aligators (or whatever) and hte last land, it's easiest to hit the southern most piece, but you gotta go up through the bugs, just time for the bigger holes and run to the next gap in the wall.

Or maybe I'm rememberihg them out of order, but I seem to remember this being one of the biggest based on luck games I've ever played. What always got me was the mangle near the top of the first screen, you go up the hill, down the bridge, and then up the weird jumble that seems to just randomly let you jump or not (often resulting in jumping off the side or bottom)

I never saw why people thought the game was ugly till about ten years ago when I got a coleco version, which was more 3Dish, and due to them not useually adding to games back in the 80's, I'd assume that was closer to the arcade, though I never saw an arcade.