IGNORED

My 2nd game: MAGIC RUN!

bongomeno

Hey all, I just stayed up through the night and morning making this game lol.

What i made is a shooter with several rpg elements including: health, experience, mana, health potions,mana potions,goblins, demons... magic... you get the picture! =) it takes place in a 3d looking (the walls) tunnel.

to play, press fire at the main screen then in the game:

you are a wizzard running down a tunnel

your 'health-bar' is represented by the ball at the top left of the screen

your experience is the score

you should shoot the goblins(green) and the demons(red) with magic as you pass by them

if you have no mana then you cant use magic

health potions (red) heal you a little

mana potions (blue) give you some mana

there are holes in the ground (black) that you should avoid

NEW: you can gain a new wizzard (purple) by 'running into them'.

NEW: as you gain more wizzards you gain more health but they will die as you lose health

UPDATE: ----------------------------------------------------------------

I wanted this game to be more like an rpg so i made it to where you can control up to 3 wizzards in the tunnel. You can 'collect' them as you run down the tunnel... if you lose health, they will be killed off. a good strategy would be to save up on mana before you get more than 1 wizzard.

I also made the background look more like a tunnel. and i made the sound a little better...

I would love to know what you think. This is my first REAL Atari 2600 game and I want to make it good.

***** There are still some bugs that need fixing. *****

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

rpg.bas.binrpg.bas

post-23441-1246314169_thumb.png

post-23441-1246314187_thumb.png

post-23441-1246314199_thumb.png

post-23441-1246314215_thumb.png

post-23441-1246314234_thumb.png

Edited by bongomeno

Hey all, I just stayed up through the night and morning making this game lol.

It was origionally meant to be a fake 3d rpg ish game.

that proved to be waaay too hard.

What i made is a shooter with several rpg elements including: health, experience, mana, health potions,mana potions,goblins, demons... magic... you get the picture! =) it takes place in a 3d looking (the walls) tunnel.

this game no doubt needs some work, but is currently playable.

to play, press fire at the main screen then in the game:

you are a wizzard running down a '3d' tunnel

your 'health-bar' is represented by the ball at the top left of the screen

your experience is the score

you should shoot the goblins(green) and the demons(red) with magic as you pass by them

if you have no mana then you cant use magic

health potions (red) heal you a little

mana potions (blue) give you some mana

there are holes in the ground (black) that you should avoid

if your health runs out, you die. =)

ROM:

SOURCE:

Interesting concept - I'm impressed that you made this in only one night. I played for about 10 minutes and felt like I could go on forever... Probably needs to be a little harder. Also, you should look into using the playfield score bars or status bar for lives and health. You can still use the score with this.

i would like to use the status bar for the health, but i cant figure out how to use it! lol

I have a question...... HOW DO YOU CREATE ART FOR THE CART/BOX??? is there some website or program?

1 more thing, i got the idea for this game from 'crypts of chaos' by fox.. i just got it and its not very good, but it has a nice 'feel' to it

i would like to use the status bar for the health, but i cant figure out how to use it! lol

I have a question...... HOW DO YOU CREATE ART FOR THE CART/BOX??? is there some website or program?

1 more thing, i got the idea for this game from 'crypts of chaos' by fox.. i just got it and its not very good, but it has a nice 'feel' to it

Check out this site to make 2600 cartridge labels.

• 2 weeks later...

EDIT: You're wondering why I have that screen shot attached here. I meant to edit my post earlier.

I was thinking your game could be easily modified into an "Antarctic Adventure" like game. That is a screen shot of the NES game.

It was similar to a racing game in which you moved around and avoided the holes in the ice, something that looks similar to what you have. You have to reach checkpoint before time runs out. You could grab flags, fish jumped out of holes.

Anyway, have not been able to try any new games yet due to me repairing the computer I do all my stuff on, but I'll give it a go later. Looks nice and especially since you did it so fast.

post-6095-1246743188_thumb.png

Edited by yuppicide

Okay.. I finally got a chance to try it out.

I like that different things come out on the screen. I'm not sure what they all are, but they look like enemies, holes in the ground, and I don't know what the round water balloon shaped things are that are blue and red.

I don't like the fact that you basically go on forever. There's no way to die? So far I've gone through 51 points with no end of game.

Why the need to pick up additional purple guys? They just disappear when they hit something anyway.

My strategy is to just keep one guy. Makes it easier to avoid enemies.

Does the game ever get any faster? it should.

most of this is explained in the 1st post.

the 'balloons' are potions. red=health blue=mana.

you can see your health by the dot at the top left.

you have not died because you still have health

you dont HAVE to get more wizzards (purple), but when you have more mana (the blue potions) they help because you get more shote. they also give you more health.

this is more of an rpg game not a shooter. you will likely get like 200-300-500 points before you die...

just look at the origional post