IGNORED

Season 1 Week 24: Road Blasters

This week's game is Road Blasters, chosen by Mister VCS. This week will run until Saturday, June 20th, 2009 @ 12:00 Noon, EST. Once I get back from my daughter's ballet recital tonight, I'll add all the info. Here's a link to the ROM to get you started.

http://www.rom-world.com/file.php?id=21934

This is the Upright version (Rev. 4) You might need to download the parent roms for this to work (I'm not sure.) Also, please base your score on 1 credit of play (since this game has a continue feature.) Since this is the first time we're using this type of game, there might be bugs to work out, so please bear with me.

:)

Are we starting from rookie or veteran? Veteran is the default, but this seems to make a difference with the end of level bonuses.

How about we start at Rookie? That way, all scores will be consistent. If anyone has a better suggestion, I'll entertain them. :)

Are we starting from rookie or veteran? Veteran is the default, but this seems to make a difference with the end of level bonuses.

How about we start at Rookie? That way, all scores will be consistent. If anyone has a better suggestion, I'll entertain them. :)

Works for me. I just need to use a better controller than my trackpad. :)

post-17553-1245111674_thumb.png

Hit TAB and try adjusting "Dial Sensitivity" under "Analog Controls". Mine used to be 25%, it's now at 15% and I can steer better with my trackball.

I tried the same with a PS2 controller's analog stick and that didn't help at all.

post-17553-1245262553_thumb.png

Hit TAB and try adjusting "Dial Sensitivity" under "Analog Controls". Mine used to be 25%, it's now at 15% and I can steer better with my trackball.

I tried the same with a PS2 controller's analog stick and that didn't help at all.

I got the game to work reasonably well with the d-pad on my controller. By default the The pedal is set to joy1 x-axis, which is also joy 1 left and right and by default used on the dial controls. By setting this to something else... like Mouse Y-Axis, and having Dial Analog set to only Mouse X-Axis this allow the Dial Inc and Dial Dec to work properly.

post-17553-1245262568_thumb.png

post-17553-1245262553_thumb.png

I got the game to work reasonably well with the d-pad on my controller. By default the The pedal is set to joy1 x-axis, which is also joy 1 left and right and by default used on the dial controls. By setting this to something else... like Mouse Y-Axis, and having Dial Analog set to only Mouse X-Axis this allow the Dial Inc and Dial Dec to work properly.

post-17553-1245262568_thumb.png

Thank you for the info. That helped a lot.

post-10357-1245352367_thumb.png

Thank you for the info. That helped a lot.

No problem! :)

I couldn't get Roadblasters to play on MAME, so consider this my 'time off' week.

Depending on the version on MAME you have it requires you to download the "atarisy1" (Atari System 1 BIOS) file and put it in your ROMs folder. I had to do this to get it to run on my MAME cabinet. However, it ran fine on my iBook without the files. In the future, you run MAME from the command line it will tell you what files you are missing then you can Google and find out what you need.