IGNORED

End of Season 1?

Hi all,

First off, I'd like to offer my apologies as I have not been able to keep up with the HSC like I would have liked to these past weeks. Without getting into the gory details, I have some things going on at home that need my attention. So, as the title suggests, I'd like to end this season. I'll tally up all the final scores and post them here. In the meantime, I'd like to ask to go on a "Hiatus" for a couple weeks, as I have some things going on here on the homefront. These are things that have kind of kept me away from the computer (and from AA.) This in turn has prevented me from performing my duties as HSC moderator.

Once I get things taken care of, I'd like to start Season 2, with all the scores reset. I hope that is acceptable to everyone.

Thanks in advance.

~Deteacher.

I was kinda hoping the season would run a bit longer (50 weeks), but I guess ending it is ok with me. Any idea what the first game of season 2 is, so we can get a head start! :ponder: ;)

Good luck with whatever you're dealing with! Hopefully it's nothing serious.

and one think we could do:

someone will pick up a game for the week and we post our high score like usual but there will be no update on point for the season.

that way, we will continue to discover new game and have fun.

what do you think?

who will like to be in charge of picking a new game every week.

someone will pick up a game for the week and we post our high score like usual but there will be no update on point for the season.

what do you think?

That sounds like it would just make it a "free for all" which would eliminate the entire point of the competition. I would much rather keep the traditional sense of the HSC intact.

what do you think?

That sounds like it would just make it a "free for all" which would eliminate the entire point of the competition. I would much rather keep the traditional sense of the HSC intact.

sorry but I don't understand you point.......are you saying that you need rule in order to play a game or you will cheat :P

my point is let's play !!!!!

pick a game, pick a rom, pick a level...etc I think this is clear enough.....I don't see the ''free for all'' aspect.

anyway, it was just a suggestion.

what do you think?

sorry but I don't understand you point.......are you saying that you need rule in order to play a game or you will cheat :P

my point is let's play !!!!!

pick a game, pick a rom, pick a level...etc I think this is clear enough.....I don't see the ''free for all'' aspect.

anyway, it was just a suggestion.

I'm just saying I much prefer a well structured and organized HSC. With everyone playing and no one keeping score then what's the point?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

Thanks for your patience and it's nice to hear that there is still interest in keeping this going. I appreciate it. Things are getting better here (sorry for being so cryptic, but it's a family issue.)

I've managed to pop on here and there for a brief time. I've missed being on the boards and I've really missed competing in the HSCs here. That being said, I'm planning on starting Season 2 within the next week or so. It was suggested that the weeks start/end on a weekday, rather than over the weekend. I'm cool with that, so I'll set a tentative date to start week 1 of season 2 one week from today, which will be Tuesday, July 13th. Hope that's good with everyone.

See you in a week.