IGNORED

A new game-Miss It (High score list in post #1)

accousticguitar

This is one of those games you really need a joystick for. I like playing in the middle of the screen where stuff is flying at me from all directions. That would be suicide with the arrow keys, at least for me.

Yeah, its really difficult, I'm happy with 63 since it was keyboard, but just joystick would make it so much easier to move. If you get around to publishing this here on at the AtariAge store as a cartridge you can put my name down for one!!!

-Disjaukifa

If you get around to publishing this here on at the AtariAge store as a cartridge you can put my name down for one!!!

-Disjaukifa

You bet. :)

Can I get an autographed copy :evil: ?

-Disjaukifa

If I actually do get to the point where I am selling carts I can certainly sign them. :)

• 3 weeks later...

The game could use a bit more finetuning but it's great to finally have something like Dodge It for the 2600! :thumbsup:

Wow, didn't take you long to forget about Solar Plexus!

Huh? How could i forget Solar Plexus? ;) I'm well aware that it's the first Dodge It-like game for the 2600.

But this game here is AFAIK the first "1:1 conversion" of the original Channel F game that doesn't add any new elements to the gameplay.

I like both games... Oh and btw. i'm still waiting for Solar Plexus 2 :D

Funny you should mention that... a friend of mine is thinking about developing a sequel to the game with expanded play mechanics. The bad news? It won't be on the Atari 2600.

(Someone else on AtariAge made an unofficial sequel to Solar Plexus called Solar Nexus, but it lacked the original game's straightforward simplicity.)

• 2 weeks later...

The playfield is blue because I was playing on a new version of Miss It where the score only advances when the player is moving.

post-8785-125625211951_thumb.jpg

:thumbsup:

I was thinking when I first played this that something as simple as "bonus score while moving" would really deepen gameplay a whole lot and make it more competitive. Cool. :cool:

• 3 months later...

I was just playing this again because Acoustic replied in a thread of mine and I saw it in his sig.

I got to 76 points and the game froze up on me. I pressed button and I was at 0 points again. :(

I thought the same thing as jrok did.. give points when moving. This gives more of a strategy to the game.

After red the missiles come out. They are the same width as the other balls, but they only have a height of 1 in the multisprite kernel. They are usually black, but the one missile tries to take on the colors of the balls so it color shifts as the balls go by. I played the game to see when the first missile comes out and it does come out right about then, so I think that's what happened. Five balls are hard enough to avoid, but when those little missiles come out it makes it even harder since they are so small and their bounce pattern is different than the balls.

Well, I tried this today on my 7800 (yay for Harmony!) and it's surprisingly fun. It's a very simple concept but definitely challenging.

I do wonder though, did you ever upload the version that requires you to keep moving to score points? The Bin in your original post appears to be the original version without the title screen. Just curious because I'd like to try that one.

• 3 weeks later...

If you click the link in post #95 it will take you to neotokeo's website where he is advertising it. I haven't heard a word from him in quite a while though so I don't know if it is still on or not. After all, March is nearly over. :ponder:

Ray is still working on the label art. As soon as I get anything I will pass it along.