IGNORED

Jagfest 2009 is go!

The_Laird

Right everyone sorry its been so long with an update on this but I have had alot going on and needed to sort out alot of stuff. I have just got back of the phone with the hotel and the venue is now booked! Providing everything goes to plan then this will be the final details!

Event: Jagfest UK 2009

Dates: Friday 18th September - Sunday 20th Spetember

Cost: £30 Per Ticket

Rooms: £50 room only, £55 with breakfast - this is per night.

I will start taking payments next week so full details will follow on how to pay for your ticket and I will also post instructions on how to get there etc. We should also be able to arrange lifts from Luton Airport for anybody coming over from Europe.

Please post here to confirm you are coming to the event and also what you are planning to bring with you so I can get an idea on how many tables we are going to need!

Many thanks for all your support on making this happen - long live the Jaguar!

Right everyone sorry its been so long with an update on this but I have had alot going on and needed to sort out alot of stuff. I have just got back of the phone with the hotel and the venue is now booked! Providing everything goes to plan then this will be the final details!

Event: Jagfest UK 2009

Dates: Friday 18th September - Sunday 20th Spetember

Cost: £30 Per Ticket

Rooms: £50 room only, £55 with breakfast - this is per night.

I will start taking payments next week so full details will follow on how to pay for your ticket and I will also post instructions on how to get there etc. We should also be able to arrange lifts from Luton Airport for anybody coming over from Europe.

Please post here to confirm you are coming to the event and also what you are planning to bring with you so I can get an idea on how many tables we are going to need!

Many thanks for all your support on making this happen - long live the Jaguar!

I think i'm sold. Is everyone else still on board? As the jagfest forum seems to be down, so i cant tell if everyone's got the news yet...

Hey mate, interest is high I already had 5 confirmed within an hour of posting it with some amazing stuff being brought including the world exclusive of a brand new Jag game :D

I posted the news on the Jagfest site earlier so its working fine for me!

Catch me on FB if you want to talk more!!! :cool:

if i have the lolly and the train fares are 'reasonable' and i can buy tickets at the door (hotel) for jagfest

I might come, just to see if there's any A8 kit up for grabs...might take a looksie that this skunkboard thing (if someone is there demonstrating it) just to see what it actually does

Will only be coming for the one day though, if i do come at all

I don't think the europeans like the idea of using airlines like easyjet or ryanair laird...it sounds a bit too beneath them

I can now confirm that the venue is booked and I will have a website up by the end of the weekend (hopefully) for people to pay for tickets!

I will also provide a link to the hotel so people who want to stay over can book their rooms. People who want to share rooms will have to get in early as I am told there are a very limited amount of double rooms available.

I also want to add that although its called Jagfest there will be alot of other consoles & computers there although the focus will be on Atari!

So far this is some of the stuff we will have at the event (its early days so watch this space) :

Atari 7800, Atari Jaguar, Atari ST, Atari Falcon, PC Engine, Sega Dreamcast, Atari 8-bit, Wonderswan and Atari Lynx (massive comlynx of course!)

The world exclusive debut of at least 1 (and hopefully more) new titles for the Jaguar

Loads of Atari goodies for sale

Playstation controller mod for the Jaguar

Plenty of tournaments with prizes including the now famous Worms torny

I also hope to have the Jaguar VR there too!

Oh and coming for the day will not be a problem at all, hope to see you there! (the nearest train station to the hotel is Leagrave)

Oh and coming for the day will not be a problem at all, hope to see you there! (the nearest train station to the hotel is Leagrave)

How far away is the train station? Because im coming up from the south east so i don't really want to lug alot of stuff with me, in fact i may only bring my lynx!

Edited by thund3r

Thats a shame, it would be great to see some of the Europeans come. One of the reasons for choosing this location was its close proximity to London Luton Airport where you can get cheap flights to from all over Europe.

I know, this year it's a money story, I can't afford the trip.

Who knows, maybe in 1 or 2 months my situation will be better :)

This sounds rather good news ! It also doesn't clash with the Sundown party weekend either, which is cool :)

CiH and I would be up for this, certainly for the Saturday on a full-day basis until after the evening meal and possibly also on the Friday too, again till after the evening meal. We'll probably not be staying overnight at any point so would only need to pay for the tickets.

My problem currently is that I haven't been working as much as I would like to hence money is rather tight, if we do make it then I would prefer to have the option of buying my ticket on the door if this was possible.

Thanks for organising this, Laird !

Cheers,

Rich

It would be great to see you there!

It is also worth mentioning that JFUK is not just a Jaguar show it is more so an Atari show.

Personally I would class it as a retro gaming show as we already have Dreamcast, Saturn, PC Engine, Vectrex, Wonderswan, Genesis/Megadrive, Atari ST, Falcon and Atari 8-Bit planned to appear at the show!!!

Would be brilliant to have a 3DO there! I think somebody else was thinking about maybe bringing one and we had one a previous year too although your collection sounds much better than we have seen in the past! :lust:

If you look at the other thread entiltled tickets now on sale you can follow the link to our official website that has all the details.

I am the organiser of the event so any questions can be run by me.