IGNORED

Site Downtime

Albert

If you've tried accessing AtariAge in the past several hours, you likely were not able to connect. This was also the issue last night for a period of time (on and off). Looks like there is a hardware issue with the server and that it's periodically locking up. The hosting company has been looking into it and I just got off the phone with them. It's likely that I will be setting up a new server soon if these crashes continue occurring (which I assume at this point is going to be the case).

So, don't be alarmed if you cannot access AtariAge again--know that I'm working on the issue and I'm not too happy about it myself. Either the problem with this server will be fixed or AtariAge will be transplanted onto another box.

..Al

Glad to see the site back... those withdrawal symptoms can get real unpleasant. ;)

Imagine how much angst I go through when it's down--especially when I'm not near a computer. I had to use my iPhone an hour ago to submit a reboot request and add to an existing trouble ticket. I was up until 6am this morning working on this and have had hardly any sleep today. :(

..Al

They just updated the status as follows,

We are sending this ticket back to the DC to coordinate a chassis swap of the server. This should eliminate the possibility of the hardware being the cause of the problem.

This means they will transplant the hard drives into an identical server. I hope this fixes the problem..

..Al

Yeah. Just hope it doesn't take the site down for three days like that explosion last year did.

Three of the longest days I've ever spent online because I'm always lurking around the majority of my time surfing, even if not signed in.

Last night I was browsing around and all of a sudden, wham... site's down. I'm thinking, "Oh, geez, not again!!!!" :sad: