IGNORED

Colecovision E-Z Joystick

Yurkie

I got this on Ebay, just came via UPS Yesterday. The only reference I have found to this is in Colecovision Experience Magazine, Fall 1983, Page 25

This thing is sweet, reduces fatigue. Anyone have more information?

Would anyone be interested in making some?

First Picture is the Ad from the magazine listed above. Second Picture is my controller.

post-23318-1246032745_thumb.jpg

post-23318-1246032765_thumb.jpg

I got this on Ebay, just came via UPS Yesterday. The only reference I have found to this is in Colecovision Experience Magazine, Fall 1983, Page 25

First Picture is the Ad from the magazine listed above. Second Picture is my controller.

This is the one that is a ball with a screw down the middle to attach to the original stick, right? Other than having a smaller diameter than the original joystick disc, I don't see where it would improve the design enough to make it worth while. But that said, I've never used one, so I don't know for sure.

This is the one that is a ball with a screw down the middle to attach to the original stick, right? Other than having a smaller diameter than the original joystick disc, I don't see where it would improve the design enough to make it worth while. But that said, I've never used one, so I don't know for sure.

The Ball is about 15/16" in diameter, and most of the ball sits higher than the original knob. I think that if it where much higher it would be detrimental to game play. The taller the joystick the more it would tend to pull the controller out of your hand, especially when you push in the UP direction.

post-23318-1246037840_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

Bump

I got a second controller this week, with this E-Z ball top. I completely rebuilt it to perfect working order. My Girlfriend and I absolutely love these, and after playing with this incredible add-on for a couple months now wonder why Coleco didn't go with a design like this originally.

I will gladly give $20 for a set of these if anyone wants to sell. I mean just the ball tops loose, don't even have to include controllers.

Any comments from gamers that have used these?

I've never seen those. I had bought some plastic ball things from 2600.com that were supposed to snap onto the top of the CV stick. They were molded very poorly and there was no way I could find to snap them on. The CV stick doesn't bother me anyway. It's the 2600 joystick that has the design from hell. eech!

I've never seen those. I had bought some plastic ball things from 2600.com that were supposed to snap onto the top of the CV stick. They were molded very poorly and there was no way I could find to snap them on. The CV stick doesn't bother me anyway. It's the 2600 joystick that has the design from hell. eech!

These are installed by removing the metal disc on a CV controller,take out the screw and removing the disc knob. This ball then replaces the disc knob and the screw is reused to hold the ball in place.

I have seen the snap on type your talking about and I doubt they would work as nicely. I guess they would have the advantage of not damaging the originality of the controller though.