IGNORED

AtariAge Member Subscriptions?

Albert

How much and how frequently would you be willing to pay for an AtariAge Membership (details of what might be offered are in the first post)?  

122 members have voted

1. 1. How much would you be willing to pay for an AtariAge membership?

• $5
    • $10
    • $25
    • $50
    • $100
    • I would not be interested.
  2. 2. How often would you be willing to pay?

• Once a month
    • Every six months
    • Once a year
    • One time only
    • I would not be interested.
  3. 3. Would you take advantage of a personalized AtariAge email address?

• Yes
    • No

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

I want the ability to zap people through their keyboard. If you can make that a reality, I'll pay $$$.

I like that idea. I'd pay a fee if I was able to kill one member of my choice per month. No questions asked... :ponder:

Violent people make the baby Jesus cry. :sad:

I want the ability to zap people through their keyboard. If you can make that a reality, I'll pay $$$.

I like that idea. I'd pay a fee if I was able to kill one member of my choice per month. No questions asked... :ponder:

As long as Admins are immune.

..A

Hi Al,

At some point, I suggest a poll, asking people how much they would be willing to pay for whichever benefits would be provided. That can help estimate how much money could be brought in. I'd hope it would end up with a high-volume, low cost solution, something like $20 per year times 250 subscribers.

The only features I'm interested in, besides no advertising, is perhaps a regularly scheduled draw (or contest) for some free stuff. I'd consider it mostly a donation.

Thanks,

5-11under

- Special icon in profile and posts

- Name highlighted in different color/font style in online lists

- Larger personal photo and/or avatar

In the interest of privacy, I would be in favor of no cosmetic changes to my account. There's no need for other members to know what my subscription level is.

In the interest of privacy, I would be in favor of no cosmetic changes to my account. There's no need for other members to know what my subscription level is.

That's more than reasonable, and I'll make sure there's a way for people to disable these cosmetic changes. Thanks for bringing that up.

..Al

But if we don't know what your subscription level is, how will we know who to save when the rapture comes? :D

Tempest

A one time VIP membership could work. I would say add extra items to the store to sell like magnets or shirts. Just make sure the price is high enough that you still make money from all the the VIP member purchases. Maybe the VIP section could be have an online newsletter like 2600 Connection.

And, I will take a chickybaby avatar calandar.

I've already made it known that I'd donate here, so count me in as soon as it gets up and running and I get some free cash (in a month or two).

Out of the features below here's what I would be interested in: AA store discount, special icon in profile and posts, name highlighted in different color, contests, unique Atariage swag, early access to homebrews, larger personal photo, search flood control, etc.

- Discount in AA Store

- Larger PM Inbox

- Longer Edit window

- Access to subscriber-only forum(s)

- Contests for subscribers

- Unique AtariAge Swag

- Early access to new homebrew releases

- Search flood control reduced to 2 seconds versus 10 seconds

- No advertisements in forums

- Access to chat rooms (good chat room software is quite expensive, which is one reason why there is no chat room now)

- Printed and/or online newsletter

I'm looking for feedback as far as the above items go as well as how much people would be willing to pay for said benefits.

Thanks in advance for all the great comments I'm about to get! ;)

..Al

- Discount in AA Store

- Unique AtariAge Swag

- Early access to new homebrew releases

i'd pay for that.

The Residents have yearly low number subscriber subscriptions @ $99 a year, but they usually guarantee around 4 new releases to get those folks in and make collecting worth it.

The discount would probably be the best part of the deal, and give me more incentive to get those games. If we could get a couple of homebrew games a year that would only sweeten the deal.

usually around or up to 4 releases. could be CDs/DVDs/or combinations. all around 1000 or so of each release with low number folk getting access to #s 51 through 100. anyone can buy the releases, the subscription just guarantees you a better number. it's geared to the collectors and such.

usually around or up to 4 releases. could be CDs/DVDs/or combinations. all around 1000 or so of each release with low number folk getting access to #s 51 through 100. anyone can buy the releases, the subscription just guarantees you a better number. it's geared to the collectors and such.

Okay, so you still have to buy the releases, you aren't given them free for the $99..

..Al

I've added a few additional benefits to the list in the first message. Here they are:

- AtariAge.net email address

- Ability to change username

- Additional forum skin selections

- Additional Reputation points per day

The first one is the most interesting. I am going to explore providing email addresses on either AtariAge.net or AtariAge.org. :)

..Al

I've added a few additional benefits to the list in the first message. Here they are:

- AtariAge.net email address

- Ability to change username

- Additional forum skin selections

- Additional Reputation points per day

The first one is the most interesting. I am going to explore providing email addresses on either AtariAge.net or AtariAge.org. :)

..Al

AtariAge email would be great. I'm guessing though that would add a lot too your cost of running the site.

Allan

AtariAge email would be great. I'm guessing though that would add a lot too your cost of running the site.

That's a good question. Might make this a two-tiered approach where the basic membership gets you everything, and then an additional level gets you the email. There's no doubt that the email could consume a fair bit of bandwidth. However, I'm considering using "Gmail for Domains", in which the AtariAge.org/net email would run through Gmail instead of my server. There are fees associated with doing this, but no bandwidth concerns on my ened.

..Al