IGNORED

AtariAge Member Subscriptions?

Albert

How much and how frequently would you be willing to pay for an AtariAge Membership (details of what might be offered are in the first post)?  

122 members have voted

1. 1. How much would you be willing to pay for an AtariAge membership?

• $5
    • $10
    • $25
    • $50
    • $100
    • I would not be interested.
  2. 2. How often would you be willing to pay?

• Once a month
    • Every six months
    • Once a year
    • One time only
    • I would not be interested.
  3. 3. Would you take advantage of a personalized AtariAge email address?

• Yes
    • No

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

I've added a few additional benefits to the list in the first message. Here they are:

- AtariAge.net email address

- Ability to change username

- Additional forum skin selections

- Additional Reputation points per day

The first one is the most interesting. I am going to explore providing email addresses on either AtariAge.net or AtariAge.org. :)

..Al

I thought the subscription was to offset costs? With the email accounts aren't you just going to encounter additional costs to offset (e.g disk storage)?

Would subscribers be able to change the text below their joystick count without having to make 10,000,000 posts? :) I've been registered for over six years now and I just don't have the posting fortitude (worditude?) to come up with that much to say! :lol:

What are "reputation points"?

Also, I know it's a brainstorming session but "walk" before you "run" - particularly in regard to email. For me an atariage email account, although "kewl," would not be needed since I already have a dozen of those free hotmail accounts.

The PM feature that is currently in place works fine for me.

I thought the subscription was to offset costs? With the email accounts aren't you just going to encounter additional costs to offset (e.g disk storage)?

Yes, but I believe a personalized AtariAge email address might be a popular draw, so I feel it's worth exploring if it can be done at a reasonable cost.

Would subscribers be able to change the text below their joystick count without having to make 10,000,000 posts? :) I've been registered for over six years now and I just don't have the posting fortitude (worditude?) to come up with that much to say! :lol:

This is a good idea, although right now it's a global setting. I would have to modify the forum to allow this on a group level. I'm adding it to the list, though, as a possibility.

With the new forum software you can up-vote individual posts. There is also an option in the software to allow down voting, but after seeing what happened on the test Invision 3.0 forum, I'm not going anywhere near that (people become juvenile pretty quickly).

Also, I know it's a brainstorming session but "walk" before you "run" - particularly in regard to email. For me an atariage email account, although "kewl," would not be needed since I already have a dozen of those free hotmail accounts.

In which case you would not be obligated to use it. :) I have a ton of email accounts myself and only use two of them on a routine basis.

The PM feature that is currently in place works fine for me.

Heh, wait until you see the PM feature in the new software.. ;) (I don't mean that in a negative way, it's just very different).

..Al

$99 per year sounds pretty high to me. I love this site and would love to help support it, but doubt I'd ever really have that much to kick in. I would just end up a lowly non-member :(

Reputation points would start the flame war to end all flame wars, combined with a negative feedback war.

Email totally unnecessary.

With the new forum software you can up-vote individual posts. There is also an option in the software to allow down voting, but after seeing what happened on the test Invision 3.0 forum, I'm not going anywhere near that (people become juvenile pretty quickly).

..Al

OK - call me what you will but I still have no friggin' clue as to what you are talking about...

$99 per year sounds pretty high to me. I love this site and would love to help support it, but doubt I'd ever really have that much to kick in. I would just end up a lowly non-member :(

It is very high and I would not charge that much. That's just what another site does.

Reputation points would start the flame war to end all flame wars, combined with a negative feedback war.

That's exactly why I will only allow positive reputation points.

..Al

OK - call me what you will but I still have no friggin' clue as to what you are talking about...

OK, What You Will But, take a look at these links that I grabbed from Google:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/faq.php?faq=...ationsystem_faq

http://www.webdesignforums.net/faq.php?faq=wdf_reputation

http://www.jref.com/forum/faq.php?faq=faq_rep

..Al

:ponder: Hmmm, I dont think Im the one that set mine to -999 :P

- Discount in AA Store

- Unique AtariAge Swag

- Early access to new homebrew releases

- Larger PM Inbox

- Longer Edit window

- Special icon in profile and posts

- Name highlighted in different color/font style in online lists

- Access to subscriber-only forum(s)

- Contests for subscribers

- Larger personal photo and/or avatar

- Search flood control reduced to 2 seconds versus 10 seconds

- No advertisements in forums

- Access to chat rooms (good chat room software is quite expensive, which is one reason why there is no chat room now)

- Printed and/or online newsletter

- AtariAge.net email address

..Al

All the above I could probably use at some point but the AA store discounts and early homebrew access are pretty cool, I would feel like a V.I.P. :)

I put that I could pay $50 a year. I spend a lot of time here ;)

I'd definately be willing to contribute to the site. I voted for up to $50.00, once a year. As far as the perks go:

- Discount in AA Store - Not much CV stuff there, so not much of an incentive to me, although I do buy PCBs

- Unique AtariAge Swag - Probably not interested

- Early access to new homebrew releases - If CV related, that would be great

- Larger PM Inbox - Would be nice occasionally, but most of the time I'll just take about 15 mins. to clean it out

- Longer Edit window - Haven't noticed a problem with this

- Special icon in profile and posts - Nice perk, but no biggie

- Name highlighted in different color/font style in online lists - Nice perk, but no biggie

- Access to subscriber-only forum(s) - Would probably be one of the best features

- Contests for subscribers - Would be a nice touch

- Larger personal photo and/or avatar - Nice perk, but no biggie

- Search flood control reduced to 2 seconds versus 10 seconds - Nice perk, but no biggie

- No advertisements in forums - Definately a plus

- Access to chat rooms - Can't imagine I'd use this

- Printed and/or online newsletter - Probably depends on content to judge

- AtariAge.net email address - Wouldn't use it

I guess the biggest things for me would be trying to control people currently joining the site to start threads in the marketplace, and/or people staring 10 topics for 10 items that they are selling. I don't know if it should be that only paying members can "start" topics in the marketplace forums, but all can respond to them or what is the best way, but it's getting annoying.

I guess the biggest things for me would be trying to control people currently joining the site to start threads in the marketplace, and/or people staring 10 topics for 10 items that they are selling. I don't know if it should be that only paying members can "start" topics in the marketplace forums, but all can respond to them or what is the best way, but it's getting annoying.

Maybe it would be a good thing if only paying members could post there. If you have enough money to buy and sell in that forum, you could afford the 50 bucks a year or whatever it would be. Or maybe each new thread in that forum should cost a dollar.

Maybe it would be a good thing if only paying members could post there. If you have enough money to buy and sell in that forum, you could afford the 50 bucks a year or whatever it would be. Or maybe each new thread in that forum should cost a dollar.

As I said in my first post, I'm not very keen on removing features that are already available on the forum without having to pay. However, I am open to perhaps revising a bit how the Marketplace (and related) forums work, although there really haven't been a lot of complaints about the way it's setup.

..Al

As I said in my first post, I'm not very keen on removing features that are already available on the forum without having to pay. However, I am open to perhaps revising a bit how the Marketplace (and related) forums work, although there really haven't been a lot of complaints about the way it's setup.

Yeah, you'd like to not change what people already have for free, but sites like eBay and CTCW get a piece of the action, so people probably wouldn't mind paying a little something for doing business in that forum. They might even be glad to do it because they like AtariAge so much.

I love the site, and would like to support it, but as my interests (and web surfing habbits) are less focused on Atari and more on videogames in general, anything higher than 25$ a year seems to me to be too high. Still, maybe if the deal includes a free yearly cartridge, such as the Stella Stocking, I might shell out a bit more.

BTW - will I EVER be able to get a Stella Stocking cart? I am looking for one for over two years now, but to no avail :(

As stated on my original thread where i originally suggested this, it should be divided in different levels with different fees and benificts.

Original Thread:http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?s...&hl=donator

*One Time Donation of $15

*Monthly Subscription of $5

*Annual Subscription of $25

*Differnt Levels of Membership based on total donation, for example:

Donator: $10 One Time Fee

*Increased PM Storage to 50 PMS

*Donator Member Title

*Special Donator Member Rank Icon

*Red Member Name

Sponsor: $20 One Time Fee

*Increased PM Storage to 75 PMS

*Sponsor Member Title

*Special Sponsor Member Rank Icon

*Yellow Member Name

*3MB Attachment Storage

*5% Member Discount in the AtariAge Store

Sustainer: $30 Annual Fee

*Increased PM Storage to 100 PMS

*Sustainer Member Title

*Special Sustainer Member Rank Icon

*Blue Member Name

*5MB Attachment Storage

*10% Member Discount in the AtariAge Store

*Advance Notices of Sales and Special(Holiday Carts and limited run Homebrew Carts)

Sincerely,

Cell Wall Rebound

Edited by Primordial Ooze

The poll seems to indicate that most people are willing to spend $25 a year on a subscription to AA. The one thing that should be avoided (and one member has already pointed this out) is a status war between members that pay more than others if the option is made available. Those who subscribe to AA should be all given the same features to prevent others from having inflated egos. Well, that is my .02 on the subject anyway.

I have little use for an email address but I wouldn't mind having a title, discounts at the AA store, a bigger PM box, and some of the other perks already mentioned in this thread.

Al, when do you plan on releasing the subscription option?

Edited by STGuy1040