IGNORED

AtariAge Member Subscriptions?

Albert

How much and how frequently would you be willing to pay for an AtariAge Membership (details of what might be offered are in the first post)?  

122 members have voted

1. 1. How much would you be willing to pay for an AtariAge membership?

• $5
    • $10
    • $25
    • $50
    • $100
    • I would not be interested.
  2. 2. How often would you be willing to pay?

• Once a month
    • Every six months
    • Once a year
    • One time only
    • I would not be interested.
  3. 3. Would you take advantage of a personalized AtariAge email address?

• Yes
    • No

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Just throwing my thought that I like the idea of subscriptions to support the site, and the idea of just little random things as benefits of being a subscriber.

There are plenty of little random things right now, and lots of little and bigger things will be added as time goes on.

..Al

Is there a list of what we get when we subscribe?

Not that it isn't worth $30 a year just out of the pure enjoyment I get hangin' out around here. It's a nice way to give back, but the selfish side of me wants to know what's in the goodies bag.

Just waiting on some PayPal funds to roll in and count me in for a year Subscription.

Edited by therealred5

what about grandfathering in members who have been here for nearly ten years? :ponder:

I am too poor to be one of the cool kids right now. :sad:

Nothing is being taken away for non-subscribers, the forum will behave exactly as it has been. It's possible I will offer some alternative ways for people to subscribe (perhaps contests every now and again, but one of the main reasons I'm doing this is that AA gets more and more expensive to run every year and I can use the subscription fees to buy additional software (some of which will benefit everyone).

Is there a list of what we get when we subscribe?

Indeed:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/page/subscriptions

This will be amended as I add more items.

..Al

what about grandfathering in members who have been here for nearly ten years? :ponder:

I am too poor to be one of the cool kids right now. :sad:

Nothing is being taken away for non-subscribers, the forum will behave exactly as it has been. It's possible I will offer some alternative ways for people to subscribe (perhaps contests every now and again, but one of the main reasons I'm doing this is that AA gets more and more expensive to run every year and I can use the subscription fees to buy additional software (some of which will benefit everyone).

..Al

I realize why you are making this move and I respect that. I'm not sweating it, I just don't have the liquid right now to make the contribution, otherwise I'd be all over it. I also appreciate that nothing will be taken away, just some neat little perks added. This is why AA continues to be a great site and a great community!

Edited by StanJr

If I would pay 50 bucks, I would expect an elite forum where I and others of my kind could hang out and not have to mingle with the riffraff. The poor and semi-poor sicken me. :D

This forum isn't already elite enough for you?

..Al

Its worth it just to have the precious red + sign by my name...

The precious, the precious!

Subscribers get full joysticks too??!!

I thought we had to earn those :)

Well, there are two issues:

1) There is no support for adding a separate, unique graphic for Subscribers that is separate from the rank images (which are also used for Admins and Moderators). I can give each unique "group" (in this case, the Subscribers are all assigned to the same member group) a unique rank graphic. But I can't have both the rank graphics based on post count and a unique graphic for a particular group. At least not now.

2) If I did add an additional graphic for Subscribers, it would make the author information box (to the left of each post) even taller, and it's already larger than I'd like. This would result in even more white space for short posts, which is something I really don't want to see happen.

For what it's worth, the rank under the joysticks is still calculated by post count for subscribers. You can click on the rank image to see a list of all the different graphics and ranks.

..Al

• 2 months later...
I realize why you are making this move and I respect that. I'm not sweating it, I just don't have the liquid right now to make the contribution, otherwise I'd be all over it. I also appreciate that nothing will be taken away, just some neat little perks added. This is why AA continues to be a great site and a great community!

I couldn't have said it better myself and as soon as I get some $$$ in the bank I will certainly subscribe, I love the perks too :cool:

I moved from 1 state to another and stayed with a relative for 6 months but now I got my own pad which costs $545 a month plus electricity and cable/internet.

Paying monthly would be cheaper for many members if thats possible :?:

Paying monthly would be cheaper for many members if thats possible :?:

Hmm, I could easily setup a monthly subscription, but not sure what would be a reasonable amount to charge. It's $30 a year right now or $25 a year if you buy two years at once. With PayPal fees, the smaller the monthly amount the larger percentage PayPal ends up with. $30 divided by 12 is $2.50. I'd want to make it a bit more than though, otherwise there's little incentive to pay for a year at a time.

..Al

Is 5 bucks a month too low?

The problem with paying monthly is that the people who paid the whole thing for a year or two won't feel as special anymore. Maybe monthly subscribers could have something like "Subscriber in Training" or "Inferior Subscriber" under their avatars?

Edited by Random Terrain