IGNORED

Does Buck Rogers on Cv really suck?

Spector

Okay, so it doesn't quite have the smoothest frame rate ever, but it's still playable. There is a "feel" to the shooting that is actually quite satisfying once you can judge the position of the enemy ships. I'm not saying it's great, but when you compare it to other Coleco titles, well, it's not too bad. Consider "Campaign 84" for example. I mean, what's going on here? A Presidential Election simulator where you push a donkey around a giant map of the United States? It's about as believable as Walter Mondale.

So overall, Buck Rogers is a reasonable semi-failure with some nice screens, and is not as bad as some have made out. Just to let you all know :D

Beside that I do like killing flying eggs for breakfast, I think this game is a descent one.

I'm not a fan of Buck Rogers. I did play the game on Commodore 64, ColecoVision and another plateform I can't remember. The Coleco version seems to be the one with the slowest fps. However, it's (almost) the same gameplay whatever the plateform and I like the pseudo 3rd dimension effect point of view, even if it's not easy to figuring out when I'm at the right place to shoot my ennemies.

I did try the Super Buck Rogers version for the Adam, which is a common game for Coleco Adam owners, and it's the same gameplay but extended.

I don't think this game is bad, but I will not include it in my top50 favorite Coleco games.