IGNORED

Mega Man 2600 demo game (binary)

djmips

• 2 weeks later...

Seriously. This demo should have become more. Not saying it had to have all bosses and stages like the NES game... but I was totally ok with 4-5 platforming screens. 1 enemy type and then challenging boss fight. 

4levels of this- 1 different enemy type on each level, every level only has 1..... a different boss at the end of each . Music is done so well it can just stay on the loop....then 5th level will be either another 4 challenging screens + wily boss fight..... or  after level 4 it just cuts to the final boss.

I have wanted this so badly for so long. If this ever goes beyond this..... Its a definite game to put on cart. I almost want to do it now as is just to have since I still cant beat it.  

• Like 1

I think Ninjish Guy in a Lo Res World captures a lot of the ethos that I was thinking of when I made this so many years ago. Sometime in the early 2000s someone made an article and a series of accompanying Flash games that boiled down a lot of game mechanics to just the most minimalist lo res graphics and often needing only a single button. That resonated with me. I'm glad to see a lot of these minimalist games did get completed on the 2600. A lot more is still possible and it would be cool to see a 4 level version of Mega Man 2600.

On 8/12/2021 at 1:52 AM, freshbrood said:

I have been playing with "Contrari" ideas in between my Ninja Kombat. Another beloved run & gun. I'm sure the engine could also be used for mega man. 

I just caught this...... you doing Contra too?  Amazing.

On 8/14/2021 at 7:10 PM, djmips said:

I think Ninjish Guy in a Lo Res World captures a lot of the ethos that I was thinking of when I made this so many years ago. Sometime in the early 2000s someone made an article and a series of accompanying Flash games that boiled down a lot of game mechanics to just the most minimalist lo res graphics and often needing only a single button. That resonated with me. I'm glad to see a lot of these minimalist games did get completed on the 2600. A lot more is still possible and it would be cool to see a 4 level version of Mega Man 2600.

So get crackin.....

3 more levels

3 more enemies

Elecman pallet swapped 3 more times:

In Atari Land

Wily somehow realized ElecMan was the best all around robot and was easily the most upgradeable, so he built 3 more models.....each with different weapons and capabilities. All to destroy the blue bomber once and for all.

In reality..... Space is limited. So he got copy and pasted 4 times lol

I think this would still kick major ass. I still had fun with the 2600 version of Kung Fu master. Sure NES version was way better..... but I still like 1 button gaming.

Edited by sn8k
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 8/15/2021 at 4:16 PM, sn8k said:

So get crackin.....

Some great ideas you've posted. I really would get crackin... but my day job is making games and it's pretty all consuming. 

I have arranged for a major break at Christmas so perhaps you should remind me then. :) 

On 8/15/2021 at 4:16 PM, sn8k said:

3 more levels

3 more enemies

Elecman pallet swapped 3 more times:

In Atari Land

Wily somehow realized ElecMan was the best all around robot and was easily the most upgradeable, so he built 3 more models.....each with different weapons and capabilities. All to destroy the blue bomber once and for all.

In reality..... Space is limited. So he got copy and pasted 4 times lol

I think this would still kick major ass. I still had fun with the 2600 version of Kung Fu master. Sure NES version was way better..... but I still like 1 button gaming.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...