IGNORED

Last Issue of 2600 Connection - #100

2600_connection.jpgIssue #100 of the 2600 Connection is now available. This special color edition is also the final issue of a periodical that was first published almost 20 years ago. Articles in the July/August issue include:

• Farewell from the editor
  • An interview with programmer Larry Martin
  • Prehistoric Times – game review
  • Solution to Actionauts
  • Solution to The Last Ninja
  • Status of Mean Santa – new game for the 2600
  • 100th Issue Prize Drawing - results
  • Letters
  • News & Notes
  • Classified Ads

The 2600 Connection is a printed newsletter published bimonthly. To learn how to purchase this issue or buy back issues, please visit the 2600 Connection website.

More discussion here as well:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=146833

Quite an accomplishment, and a sad one also with it being the last one. I have some Electronic Games issues from the 90's that have reviews for the earlier issues of 2600 Connection, I am going to scan them and if nothing else, post them here in the forums for the people that worked on that magazine to have as a thank you for all of their hard work (I messaged someone over there about it but they must be too busy about it to have read that message).

Congratulations to the 2600 Connection team, you accomplished something most fanzine editors/teams can only dream of, you made history.

Quite an accomplishment, and a sad one also with it being the last one. I have some Electronic Games issues from the 90's that have reviews for the earlier issues of 2600 Connection, I am going to scan them and if nothing else, post them here in the forums for the people that worked on that magazine to have as a thank you for all of their hard work (I messaged someone over there about it but they must be too busy about it to have read that message).

Congratulations to the 2600 Connection team, you accomplished something most fanzine editors/teams can only dream of, you made history.

I've already posted my thoughts in another thread, but yeah the 2600 goes way back.

the first time I saw an ad for this -zine- was in the A exchange newsletter that bre software put out before they changed the the newsletter to cover

all systems.

Also the 2600 connection and T.A.Z(the atari zone) has the same lineage, my zine actually went public shortly after 2600 connection came out(a month or so)

kind of ironic that both of our fanzines decided end around the same time(even though I'm hoping to relaunch it 2010 under new name and format)

:thumbsup: heres to Tim,Russ and AL for a great run of the greatest fanzine for the Atari community.

Thank you to all for the kind words about the newsletter.

To Triverse:

I have all of those Electonic Games magazines. I remember I submitted the issues that I published and they reviewed them. They always gave us excellent reviews. It helped boost readership.

I would get a kick out of reading their reviews and seeing it in a professional magazine.

Sorry about the late reply... I thought I replied to you but I guess I didn't.

Tim Duarte

Edited by timdu

Thank you to all for the kind words about the newsletter.

To Triverse:

I have all of those Electonic Games magazines. I remember I submitted the issues that I published and they reviewed them. They always gave us excellent reviews. It helped boost readership.

I would get a kick out of reading their reviews and seeing it in a professional magazine.

Sorry about the late reply... I thought I replied to you but I guess I didn't.

Tim Duarte

your right tim, it was a kick reading the reviews arnie katz gave us in those mags, in some of those mags the atari zone and the 2600 connection got reviewed in the same issue.

I still got those mags with our reviews in them.

me and you tim go way back as the last two atari -zines- to last this long, I still plan to relaunch mine next year,if all goes I will se how foes if not then I'll prob just stick to doing my video casts.