IGNORED

Thomas the Tank Engine Hack ideas?

GideonsDad

I think I could tinker w/ HoM III enough to get by but I would like to hack a 2600 ROM into a Thomas game for my son (see avatar, who loves Thomas & Friends) I just need ideas...any? Thanks.

I saw one post to hack "Dragster" into Thomas & Bertie's Race, I think "Dragster" is a little dull.

GideonsDad

I asked if someone could figure out a good Thomas hack a few years ago. No response. There aren't even any train games for the 2600.

Someone did try to make me an Elmo game out of the Cookie Monster game. It was not finished. If you search your should be able to find it. I wanted it to be that you as Elmo would walk around and pick up toys and put them away in a toy box (instead of picking up cookies and putting them in a cookie jar.) It should not be hard to finish that game.

Edited by Atari Dogs

Someone did try to make me an Elmo game out of the Cookie Monster game. It was not finished. If you search your should be able to find it.

That Hack is here, i think it won't be too hard to finish this one.

IMO it's a good idea to make some hacks for kids as a lot of AA members have kids. A children-game homebrew would be even better...

Edited by Impaler_26

Someone did try to make me an Elmo game out of the Cookie Monster game. It was not finished. If you search your should be able to find it.

IMO it's a good idea to make some hacks for kids as a lot of AA members have kids. A children-game homebrew would be even better...

Yeah, at the time I was not into hacking. Hack-o-matic ll and Hack-o-matic III changed that.

I have been to "A Day Out With Thomas" every year for the past seven years. This will probably be the first year my kids are too old for it. :(

Yeah, at the time I was not into hacking. Hack-o-matic ll and Hack-o-matic III changed that.

I have been to "A Day Out With Thomas" every year for the past seven years. This will probably be the first year my kids are too old for it. :(

When is "A Day Out With Thomas"? I have one of the biggest Thomas fans in the world living with me.

When is "A Day Out With Thomas"? I have one of the biggest Thomas fans in the world living with me.

http://www.thomasandfriends.com/usa/parents/dowt.html

I been there at Detroit, Cleveland, Lebanon, Ohio (former home). Had to cancel a trip a few days after 9/11 to take my daughters to Pennsylvania. Flights were just starting to go again, but my wife did not want to fly. Interesting that nine months later my son was born. I must have found something else to do that weekend. :cool:

Im sorry, but every time i read "AA" i think they mean Alcoholics anonymous ROFL

but yea, i think this is a great idea and i think its great that you are doing this for your son. :)

Okay I have started a Thomas WIP. You are Diesel 10 making your way around The Island of Sodor taking what you think is yours! Luckily Sir Topham Hatt has sent out Thomas, Edward, and Gordon to intercept you. However you are equipped with "track destroyers" so you can keep up with your mayhem.

This is my first hack, I have altererd the cars to look like "engines" and changed the Gas pump to read "Deies."

This is hack of Bank Heist.

Gideonsdad

post-23697-1247489880_thumb.jpg

Deisel_10s_Day_Out.bin

Edited by GideonsDad

Okay I have started a Thomas WIP. You are Diesel 10 making your way around The Island of Sodor taking what you think is yours! Luckily Sir Topham Hatt has sent out Thomas, Edward, and Gordon to intercept you. However you are equipped with "track destroyers" so you can keep up with your mayhem.

This is my first hack, I have altererd the cars to look like "engines" and changed the Gas pump to read "Deies."

This is hack of Bank Heist.

Gideonsdad

Cool! I never played Bank Heist, so this is new to me.

Here are a few helpful recommendations. I have not checked the game in Hack-o-matic, but do all the trains have to have the same look? Deisel 10 is more rectangle rather than having the steam engine shape. The maze could be changed to green, like most of the grassy landscape of Sodor. That would differential the look of the hack from the original. Could the banks be change to look a little like train stations? Now, this is more advanced than I could do, but if any of the experts here could add a title screen, that would be fantastic (probably wishful thinking though.)

Great start and keep hacking.

Edited by Atari Dogs

God, Thomas the Tank Engine brings back one too many memories. Classic show.

A Thomas game? Crap, I would have superglued that thing to my 2600 when i was a teeny, tiny Animan back then (if i did have an Atari back then).

Edited by Animan

• 1 month later...

Did you ever finish this hack?

This is the first time in eight years my kids were too old for A Day Out With Thomas. :( Actually, I my son wanted to go, but since it was two hours away and the girls did not want to go we did not go.

We didn't make it either. I am looking to go the next time Thomas is back in Ohio though.

Did you ever finish this hack?

This is the first time in eight years my kids were too old for A Day Out With Thomas. :( Actually, I my son wanted to go, but since it was two hours away and the girls did not want to go we did not go.

I have done all I can with this hack. I can't make Diesel 10 look different from the steam engines :? and the other levels in this game are more colorful (like Sodor). I could still go in and change the banks to look more like train stations, perhaps I will do that soon. I happily except any help with this hack from anyone in the AA community who might be able to do what you requested :)

GideonsDad