IGNORED

Atari gold... would you buy it?

xXUlTiMaTe-SiNXx

Would you buy it?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. would you buy it?

• No, im happy with my 2600 as it is thankyou.
    • Yes!!!

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

I like how these AA "newbies" have something to sell even before they sign up for the site...

Build the thing, show pix and do a YouTube vid...

Yep.

Especially as they always seem to show their intelligence/maturity level pretty quickly(see post #19). And it's usually when people start questioning their ability to build said product...

From the results of the poll, it looks like the Atari Gold already has a few takers! In order to boost my pre-sales, I've decided to add a limited edition pewter bust of Warren Robinett, spot-welded to the FerTari's custom chassis. Early projections indicate that this addition will scale the value of the FerTari unit by at least 350%! Now that's a bargain!

FerTari : The Atari Ferrari

3717667182_b4e2a8b103_o.jpg

MSRP: Whatever I said last time + 85 smackers

There should be a collector and non collector version. The non collector version would have all the same bells ad whistles, but with a cleaned stock case.

There is someone here that will mod the 2600 with rca jacks or an s-video jack for $100 - I don't know if you send your 2600 or if he includes it. (he sells the assembled mod kit for $40.)

The additional items to the non collector version would be wireless joystick and paddles. If possible the reset on the joystick/paddle. Theses items would probably be expensive. Throw in the sd slot and that would be perfect.

Build a working prototype, and let's see if it is possible. I would want one if money is available. If you cannot do it, maybe you could compete with the guy that mods regular 2600s with the rca/s-video jacks.

-Ultra sensitive controls (micro switches)

For her pleasure?

So if the Harmony cart costs $50, then you're saying you can whip together a wireless Atari 2600 jr clone with built in S-Video for under $100? Either you're some kind of electronics wizard with access to some pretty amazing sources for parts or you have no idea what you're talking about. My money is on B...

Oh and BTW, insulting potential customers probably isn't the wisest business move. Especially given the fact that you're virtually brand new here and haven't built up a reputation yet (although you're starting to...).

Tempest

I think some people here are being to rough on the Ultimate Sin-ster. I mean, why on earth wouldn't you trust a self-described 15 year old hacker who posts to Phishingscam.org and is trying to "make a virus that is annoying as all hell to the user of the infected computer but with reversible effects and be contained in a single batch file.". You guys are way too paranoid IMO.

I mean, he ponders the "rarity" of certain ROMS and his personal website is www.vir0.com. Nothing suspicious about that...

I think some people here are being to rough on the Ultimate Sin-ster. I mean, why on earth wouldn't you trust a self-described 15 year old hacker who posts to Phishingscam.org and is trying to "make a virus that is annoying as all hell to the user of the infected computer but with reversible effects and be contained in a single batch file.". You guys are way too paranoid IMO.

I mean, he ponders the "rarity" of certain ROMS and his personal website is www.vir0.com. Nothing suspicious about that...

:rolling: :rolling:

I never even looked at his AA profile. It's classic.

"Okay, so im 15 and just bought my first atari, im half decent with hardware/software mods and consider myself a novice hacker, i plan to get a decent colection of semi-rare carts together soon, currently my collecion contains a whole... wait for it... 5 carts! (i know what your thinking, he must have been collecting for years!) anyway... cbf typing anything elce here, im goin out for a smoke."

I don't know about you jrok, but i have no problem sending somebody $150 who can't even spell the word collection. Especially(as you stated) somebody who wants to scam people out of money.

xXUlTiMaTe-SiNXx - This sounds pretty cool, I'm willing to pre-order. How much do I need to send you? How's $200 shipped? Where should I paypal the money to? (or I can western union it to you, it's up to you)

From the results of the poll, it looks like the Atari Gold already has a few takers! In order to boost my pre-sales, I've decided to add a limited edition pewter bust of Warren Robinett, spot-welded to the FerTari's custom chassis.
Can I get that in a hood ornament?

I want my 5U84Ru to be 1337.

(I'm diggin' the rockstar brains. I'd like Keith Richards' when it becomes available.)

From the results of the poll, it looks like the Atari Gold already has a few takers! In order to boost my pre-sales, I've decided to add a limited edition pewter bust of Warren Robinett, spot-welded to the FerTari's custom chassis. Early projections indicate that this addition will scale the value of the FerTari unit by at least 350%! Now that's a bargain!

FerTari : The Atari Ferrari

3717667182_b4e2a8b103_o.jpg

MSRP: Whatever I said last time + 85 smackers

:lust::lust::lust::lust::lust::lust::lust::lust::lust::lust::lust::lust::lust::lust:

WOW!! That "limited edition pewter bust of Warren Roninett" is the clencher :love: Sorry, Herbarius. Your "Collector's Edition" is cool and all, but I am going to have to cancel my order. All the cool AA members are getting FerTaris!

What an idiot, why would you release information the incriminates you? Plus, does he really think that now we know he's a script kiddie, he can turn into some superstar member? I whole-heartedly doubt that this kid has ever used a soldering iron. I'm also convinced he pronounces the word soul-der. +1 for IQ test.

From the results of the poll, it looks like the Atari Gold already has a few takers! In order to boost my pre-sales, I've decided to add a limited edition pewter bust of Warren Robinett, spot-welded to the FerTari's custom chassis.
Can I get that in a hood ornament?

I want my 5U84Ru to be 1337.

I can only spring for a 1:76 scale sculpt, so it probably won't make for a very impressive ornament (however, I will contact Mr. Robinett to double-check his actual dimensions).

50RrY n47H4n

Edited by jrok

The thread title reminded me of something I thought about, but not as some kind of realistic project, just letting my imagination run wild.

It's about an Atari 2600 "Collector's Edition", based on the heavy sixer (or maybe light sixer) with following features:

* Real wood for the woodgrain part.

* platinum switches

* big Atari logo across the ridges

* VIDEO COMPUTER SYSTEM in gold letters, the logo on the woodgrain as well

* extra strong shielding

* built-in AV mod

* additional dustcover doors on the cartridge slot

* comes with high quality joystick controllers, which look like the CX-40s, but are microswitched

* Paddles and Joypads also included; all controllers extra-sturdy and have at least twice the usual cord length.

* also features an external control panel, the size of a joypad, which can be plugged into its own port and has all the switches that are on the console (except Power and channel select).

The inbuilt harmony cart is another good idea, maybe combined with a possibility to connect the Atari to your PC via USB and dump the ROM of whatever cartridge is inserted.

Further ideas for this imaginative "Deluxe Atari"? :cool:

Now that I would buy. :cool:

Holy shit, i didnt know i was on that site, fucking hell, i need to google myself more, i wrote that shit but never submited it to phishingscam.org.

anyway. i did make that virus, its called PuRpLe-HaZe, and as for my website, when it is completed it will be a viru archive site, basicly the milw0rm if viruses, with a forum and wiki-descriptions of each file.

as for the fact i "ponder over thee "rarity" of cretin ROMS" i am relativity new to atari and have just started colecting, forgive my curiosity as rarityguide.com doesn't have all the games in its engine.

81tch, d0n7 74lk t0 m3 4b0ut 1337! i $sh411 h4x y0u!!!

I IS 1337!!!!

lOok, DO'n7 83 UP537 Ju57 cU2 MY f3R74r1 5UP3r5Y573m 12 9O1N' 7O m4K3 474R1 9old loOK L1k3 4 484cu2 hOOK3D Up 7O 4 h4m573R wh33L!

I can almost make that out. I find it truly disturbing that there are actual people that converse that way. :|