IGNORED

Computer Story Books

Unpacking a bunch of stuff my parents gave me from my room from my visit over the fourth, and I ran across these books

DSCN0777.jpg

Does anyone remember these? They were stories (albiet, someone lame), where you read a chapter and at the end there would be a short computer program for you to enter into your Apple II, Commodore 64, or Radio Shack Color Computer. Without the program, you didn't know what was going on.... Kind of a neat concept at the time... They should bring this kind of stuff back!

Anybody else remember these? Anybody collect these?

That's cool that you guys remember these. I was telling some of my co-workers in IT about them, and they looked like I was on crack...

I know this is normally a Marketplace forum kind of thing, but if anyone is interested in them, send me a PM... I really don't have much need to keep these things around.

I thought this was going to be about those shitty CD comics from the mid/late 90's (wow, did those things flop, got a couple still though)

Man, I remember those, don't have any though, but one of my friends from long ago had millions of theem (well, probably a half dozen, but for someone who thought it was so cool back then...)

And yeah, I'd love if someone would bring something like that back, or have those little toy ptograms in the back of computer mags again...

Sigh...sadly windows has pretty much eliminated any desire to learn actual programming from the masses, so other than a really tiny number, there's no market for something like that.

So what are those of us who really want to learn this type of thing, but don't have the patience to slog through the landfill known as the internet to learn about it? Nothing like "Basic programming for C64" (modernised for modern computers of course) that I've really seen out there :(

In my case, I'm probably simply to old to learn, and I know the usefullness of me knowing would be rather low (since my highest intereste would be arcade style 2D games mostly) but still, it'd be fun, you know?

Unpacking a bunch of stuff my parents gave me from my room from my visit over the fourth, and I ran across these books

Does anyone remember these? They were stories (albiet, someone lame), where you read a chapter and at the end there would be a short computer program for you to enter into your Apple II, Commodore 64, or Radio Shack Color Computer. Without the program, you didn't know what was going on.... Kind of a neat concept at the time... They should bring this kind of stuff back!

Anybody else remember these? Anybody collect these?

I don't remember these but i find them very interesting! I'd love to have one of those story books and type in the programs on my C64.