IGNORED

Season 2 Week 1: Ms. Pac Man

Ms. Pac-Man must eat all the dots in a maze in order to advance to the next stage. She's chased by killer ghosts but she can eat them while powered up after eating one of four large dots. Bonus points are awarded for eating the fruits and snacks that appear and wander the maze. The game is a lot like Pac-Man except that it has four different mazes that change once every two to four screens instead of just one maze throughout the entire game. Also the fruits and prizes walk around the maze instead of appearing at the same spot in the middle of the maze. These bonus items include cherries, strawberries, peaches, pretzels, apples, pears and bananas.

post-9712-1247610781_thumb.jpg post-9712-1247610786_thumb.png post-9712-1247611055_thumb.jpg

Game Information:

Game Name: Ms. Pac Man (REGULAR SPEED...No speed cheat)

Released By: Midway, 1981

Game Mode: Default settings

MAME ROMset: mspacman

Chosen By:

ROM Location: http://www.romnation.net/srv/roms/56950/ma...Ms-Pac-Man.html

Post your scores in this thread and I will update the leaderboard throughout the week. The deadline for posting scores will be Tuesday, July 21st, 2009 @ 12:00 Noon (EST)

BEST TIPS

Dr. Galaga [+2]

CURRENT HIGH SCORES

74,760 (Shannon) [+11]

61,630 (Darthkur) [+10]

55,080 (SpiceWare) [+9]

44,750 (roadrunner) [+8]

43,710 (Dr. Galaga) [+7]

38,870 (Kurt_Woloch) [+6]

33,960 (LarenTyler) [+5]

30,320 (4Ks) [+4]

19,550 (aftermac) [+3]

CURRENT POINT TOTALS

Edited by Deteacher

Three words about normal (slow) Ms. Pac-Man - JUST....SHOOT....ME! After playing all fast games, the few games that I played today seemed to drag!

aa2wk1.jpg

Tip: to get a little space between you and the ghosts that are chasing you, enter a tunnel since it slows the ghosts down.

Question: Does anyone else have attachment issues? I have to put my images on my website since the site will not do attachments for me. It just sits there and tells me that it is uploading...for about 5 minutes and I give up. The file is only 100k and it has been doing it to me the entire first season of the HSC. hitting1.gif

I understand the frustration with playing in normal mode. I'm sure this game will crop up again sometime in the future...with speed enabled. ;)

I'm using Firefox (most recent version) and I'm not having trouble with attachments. Try making sure you're updated to the current version.

Scores updated. I will make sure to keep things updated this season. This will be the new and improved HSC. :)

Edited by Deteacher

Ugh... Ms. Pac-Man... gonna start the season off on a bad note... ;) I need to tweak the "4-way" on my MAME cab so it doesn't catch the diagonal directions.

Glad to see your back among the "posting" 'teach! You gonna try to finish out the 2600 HSC? I was getting real close to catching you too! :D

I've never had a problem uploading pictures with Firefox, and you can see when I joined, so I'm not sure what's would be happening.

Thanks for the welcome back, Mac. It feels real good to be back on here. I had a lot of catching up to do on the forums. I played a little mouse trap yesterday. I might try to get a couple good games in but for now, I'm going to focus more on keeping this HSC up and running. :)