IGNORED

Any retrogamers in Central PA?

VectorGamer

If its during the weekend, I am. I'm in eastern PA but I definitely wouldn't mind driving a couple hours to play some Atari! We have to get some video of 4 player Medieval Mayhem going.

The first party I threw this spring we had a Medieval Mayhem tournament. The second party was Indy 500 which was a lot of fun...

Check out this thread where I have pics of the second party layout

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?s...43726&st=25

I think I'll create the Central PA Retrogamers Group for the hell of it and see what happens...

My next party will be in the September/October time frame so you should come over for that. I have two arcade cabs to add to that spread.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey rmaerz,

I may be interested sounds like a fun time!! I'm near the Philly area and wouldn't mind making the trip. Though my weekends can be a bit nuts.. I can bring plenty of trade bait or games for sale as well. also would be happy to chip in for burgers and dogs on the grill if ya like!!

Matt

Hey rmaerz,

I may be interested sounds like a fun time!! I'm near the Philly area and wouldn't mind making the trip. Though my weekends can be a bit nuts.. I can bring plenty of trade bait or games for sale as well. also would be happy to chip in for burgers and dogs on the grill if ya like!!

Matt

Well, the other people that show up at my parties have no interest in collecting classic carts - I can tell ya that. They come over for the nostalgia, pizza, snacks and the bragging rights tournament. But, it is a great time and there are some MILFs to look at : ]

However, if members from AtariAge show up then yeah - it becomes a platform for game trading and the like...

The parties start at 5 and last until whenever...no alcohol since there are kids there and I've been at kids birthday parties where the adults get 5h1tfaced and start throwing F bombs all over the place. Not cool. Usually the kids will go off and play with other stuff and one of the moms will take a break from gaming and supervise.

I'm looking at possibly September 19 or 26. This will be 1-2 weeks after the Game Core expo which means new toys for the party. Also, I'm renovating the basement with a 12x12 arcade which I hope to have complete by then. So, the place is trashed at this time.

• 1 month later...

Alright folks...I just had Retrocade III last Saturday night...it was OK but I'd like to take it up a notch. What I need are some hardcore old-school gamers to put these events in overdrive...

I like Keilbaca's idea of bringing stuff for trade/sale - given that folks aren't stealing my carts and putting them up for sale.

The next Retrocade IV is tentatively scheduled for Sat, December 5th. Anyone interested?

• 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...