IGNORED

SpongeBob SquarePants 2

atari2600land

I'm working on another SpongeBob game, this is kind of in the same vein as HERO, as you go down instead of sideways like in Pitfall. It took me a few hours to program the title screen song, trying to figure out which notes go where. I also added a few screens with a jellyfish enemy. The game has no plot yet. I hope to make a hi-res title screen (like Cave-In), but I don't know how. As for Aquarium, I think it's pretty much finished at this point, even though it's not on a cart.

sbsp.bas.bin

sbsp.bas

Thanks for the compliments. I just designed a hi-res title screen, now I'm just looking for someone to code it for me. I'd ask espire, but he hasn't been seen here since June. Does anyone with ASM coding experience want to do this for me? Yes, the background should be white instead of black. I'll work on the game tonight and post what I've done since tomorrow. Yes, I know I can't draw ;) That's SpongeBob being surprised at Plankton (the little green character with antennae in case you don't watch the show). I still haven't worked out the plot to the game yet, but I figure Plankton is up to his old tricks again.

post-9475-1247886498_thumb.png

Edited by atari2600land

Looks good. If this is not released, I will be burning a copy for my kids.

What will you be doing in the game, collecting things (crabby patties, the ingredients to a pattie, SpongeBob's spatula, saving Spongebob's friends)?

Mainly dodging enemies. At the end of each level, there'll be a boss, whom once you defeat, will give up a Krabby Patty.

SpongeBob now has bricks to throw. To throw them, press fire & left simultaneously to throw left or fire & right to throw right.

How about using up to jump. It would be great if you could keep the game at 4k, so I can load it on my Supercharger. Personally, I prefer a smaller ROM to title and intro screen.

I was going to make a huge game, around 16k or 32k out of this, like i did with Terrance & Phillip. A 4k platform game in bB wouldn't be long enough, IMO.

I think you'd be surprised how much you can fit into 4k with a little trickery. Right now the code is wasting a bit of space.

maby you can creater a bunch of areas that are randomly picked so every game is different? and the game could also go on forever... you can even select them based on difficulty and place bosses around the game too!

• 3 weeks later...