IGNORED

New run of FB2s...?

I've wanted to pick one of these up for a while now, but have had extreme difficulty finding one in the UK. So imagine my surprise, knowing they've been out of production for a few years, to find this:

http://www.amazon.com/Atari-Flashback-2-Pl...0495&sr=8-2

Atari Flashback 2 Plug and Play

Other products by Tommo

Platform: Not Machine Specific

List Price: $34.99

Price: $29.99 & this item ships for FREE with Super Saver Shipping. Details

You Save: $5.00 (14%)

Pre-order Price Guarantee. Learn more.

o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o

5 new from $29.99 1 used from $45.00

This item will be released on September 15, 2009.

Pre-order now!

See details. Ships from and sold by Amazon.com. Gift-wrap available.

Is this a bona fide new production run? Any info from LEG about this? Who are "Tommo"?

If anyone's got any info on this, please share :)

You made a mistake tommo is just his amazon name!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! store name they didnt make the flashback II they probably just bought

big skids (pallets) of them but when you click on tommo it acts like any other amazon users listings..

so that answers youre question those are probably ntsc flashback II's

5 new from $29.99 1 used from $45.00

This item will be released on September 15, 2009.

Pre-order now!

See details. Ships from and sold by Amazon.com. Gift-wrap available.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000KGARZ...&sn=jpaw718

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00...;condition=used

see all you did was find someone listing it wrong on amazon

tommo is the store name. not who made the atari flashback II.

Edited by awace

But what's weird about it is, it's listed as an Amazon-stocked item, shipped and sold by Amazon, not some other seller just listing new/used items for sale. Maybe Amazon let this one slip by?

More weirdness, when you look at the other sellers, they all say it's preorder and will ship in September. That's probably another Amazon screwup, applying the same template to all items.

FWIW I found this, showing Tommo imported them from China, but it's from 2006:

http://www.importgenius.com/importers/tommo.html

I doubt there is a rerelease of FB2 but it's an interesting screwup.

Hi there,

I've wanted to pick one of these up for a while now, but have had extreme difficulty finding one in the UK. So imagine my surprise, knowing they've been out of production for a few years, to find this:

Is this a bona fide new production run? Any info from LEG about this? Who are "Tommo"?

This is not a re-release to the UK unless there was additional development that I didn't know about.

The games Yar's Return, Asteroid Deluxe, Space Dual, and Adventure II were all developed for NTSC. There were no PAL versions of these "approved" by Atari.

There is no re-release, period. And all it looks like is yet another one of several sellers that have used or still sealed FB2's. Apparently a couple of sellers are trying to get $150 for a sealed one? Outrageous.

I think I have about 10 still sealed. :) I'd be glad to sell them for $150 a pop!!

..Al

Regardless of this being a re-release or not, I think I'm going to pre-order one, as normally this kind of stuff is on Amazon US's restricted export list (for whatever reason). This listing says it's available "for shipping to select countries outside the U.S.", the UK being one of them hopefully. I don't fancy paying $150 for a NIB one!

Hi there,

This is not a re-release to the UK unless there was additional development that I didn't know about.

The games Yar's Return, Asteroid Deluxe, Space Dual, and Adventure II were all developed for NTSC. There were no PAL versions of these "approved" by Atari.

Yep, I was aware of that, hence my interest in this. Amazon has a seperate UK operation to amazon.com (www.amazon.co.uk) and there's no mention of it at all on there.

Edited by NuY

There is no re-release, period. And all it looks like is yet another one of several sellers that have used or still sealed FB2's. Apparently a couple of sellers are trying to get $150 for a sealed one? Outrageous.

Unless I was looking at the Amazon product page incorrectly the other day, Amazon itself had the product listed for preordering. We weren't talking about 3rd party Amazon sellers.

Unless I was looking at the Amazon product page incorrectly the other day, Amazon itself had the product listed for preordering. We weren't talking about 3rd party Amazon sellers.

Once again, there haven't been any new ones made. We haven't made any, and there is no "far east" pirate production run. These are most likely backstock they got a hold of or a mistake in the ordering system on Amazon. Atari is not interested in doing any more hardware, that's part of the reason for the limited release of FB2's and no PAL versions, and no FB3 currently.

I understand that and never implied with that last post that it wasn't the truth.

I just wanted to clarify that people here didn't get excited about it because 3rd party vendors were showing it orderable, but Amazon itself.

Edited by Atariboy

• 1 month later...

Well I went ahead and ordered one a few weeks ago. The expected ship date came and went, along with an email from Amazon saying they were sorry and had to revise the ship date. It's now due around the following:

Recipient: Shaun Birmingham

View or change order

Items not yet shipped:

Delivery estimate: September 23, 2009 - October 1, 2009

Shipping estimate: September 21, 2009 - September 25, 2009

* 1 of: Atari Flashback 2 Plug and Play

Sold by: Amazon Export Sales, Inc.

Guess I have to wait and see...

Well I went ahead and ordered one a few weeks ago. The expected ship date came and went, along with an email from Amazon saying they were sorry and had to revise the ship date. It's now due around the following:

Recipient: Shaun Birmingham

View or change order

Items not yet shipped:

Delivery estimate: September 23, 2009 - October 1, 2009

Shipping estimate: September 21, 2009 - September 25, 2009

* 1 of: Atari Flashback 2 Plug and Play

Sold by: Amazon Export Sales, Inc.

Guess I have to wait and see...

It's amazing that Amazon actually revised the shipping date - I'd expected them to cancel it. Best wishes to you that they actually have some in stock somewhere!

I understand that and never implied with that last post that it wasn't the truth.

I just wanted to clarify that people here didn't get excited about it because 3rd party vendors were showing it orderable, but Amazon itself.

I've never sold on Amazon, but I'm pretty sure you can set up an account where you send Amazon your inventory and they fulfill your orders. That might be what the source is.

Edited by gdement

Tommo is a distribution company. I would hazard a guess Atari offloaded all remaining stock to them and they are now selling it through Amazon.com (one of their partners)... Here is their press release.

Join the Tommo Alliance!

With over 20 years of experience in logistics, distribution and sales, Tommo Inc. is your one stop shop for all your gaming needs!

We pride ourselves in being one of the nation’s leading suppliers of video game content and merchandise, always providing exceptional customer service and meeting our customers’ needs.

For Vendors:

Our key strengths lie within our experience with the distribution channels and our sales & marketing department.

With an exceptional staff and long standing, well established relationships to all major retail outlets, including but not limited to Wal-Mart, Target, Best Buy, Amazon, etc., we can provide you with the edge in product placement and acquiring the shelf space you need in this competitive market.

For Retailers:

With an extensive catalog of video gaming content and merchandise set at competitive prices, Tommo Inc. will always meet current demands.

With our relationships with numerous publishing houses, such as UFO Interactive, retailers will be able to find exclusive popular titles such as the NDS Smart Series line up and Nintendo Wii Ultimate Shooting Collection only available at Tommo Inc.

Not only do we distribute for UFO Interactive, but for other major publishers such as Capcom, Koei, Agetec, Conspiracy Games, etc. as well; providing you with all the latest games at the lowest of prices.

Tommo is a distribution company. I would hazard a guess Atari offloaded all remaining stock to them and they are now selling it through Amazon.com (one of their partners

There was no remaining stock at Atari, they completely sold out of their personal stock several years ago. Again, we know how many we produced and distributed. Most likely, it's returns from the list of retailers mentioned.

Edited by wgungfu

• 3 weeks later...

So they've taken their time about it, considering when I placed the order, but I just got the following email (snipped obviously):

Greetings from Amazon.com.

We thought you'd like to know that we shipped your items, and that this completes your order. Your order is being shipped and cannot be changed by you or by our customer service department.

You can track the status of this order, and all your orders, online by visiting Your Account at http://www.amazon.com/gp/css/history/view.html

There you can:

* Track your shipment

* View the status of unshipped items

* Cancel unshipped items

* Return items

* And do much more

The following items have been shipped to you by Amazon.com:

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Qty Item Price Shipped Subtotal

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Amazon.com items (Sold by Amazon Export Sales, Inc.):

1 Atari Flashback 2 Plug and... $29.99 1 $29.99

Shipped via DHL International

Tracking number: {snip}

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Item Subtotal: $29.99

Shipping and handling: $35.98

Magazine Promotion: $0.00

Credit Upon Ship: $0.00

Import Fees Deposit: $9.90

Total: $75.87

Paid by Mastercard: $75.87

--------------------------------------------------------------------

This shipment was sent to:

Shaun Birmingham

{snip}

via DHL International (estimated delivery date: October 12, 2009).

For your reference, the number you can use to track your package is {snip}.Visit http://www.amazon.com/wheres-my-stuff to track your shipment.Please note that tracking information may not be available immediately.

Woot :)

Did anyone else actually order one of these directly through Amazon?

I was at two Kroger grocery stores and one had four in their pre-Christmas display and the other had one in their pre-Christmas display. They are in the original boxes, and the boxes are in perfect shape. The price is $39.99. This is too much for me since I already have one (first run though). If these are the last run with the corrected roms in them, I will buy one when they drop the price.