IGNORED

HSC Season 2 Week 3: Pooyan

Armed with a bow and arrows and slabs of meat, mama pig must defend/save her piglets from the wolves ballooning up or down the cliff. Move up and down, shoot the balloons, watch the wolves plummet and splat. There are various bonus rounds. The story revolves around a family of little pink piglets who have been attacked and/or captured by a monstrous pack of hungry wolves. The mama pig, who was not attacked or captured attempts to save and/or protect her chubby little family. Armed with a bow and arrows and slabs of meat, she jumps into a cage that moves up and down on a rope. Meanwhile, the wolves use helium balloons to float down from a tree limb while throwing rocks at Mama. Mrs. Pig tries to shoot their balloons with her arrows so the wolves will fall to their deaths or she hurls slabs of meat at them to make them let go. If she misses, the wolves will safely reach the ground and climb a ladder to try to bite her. Also, if any of the wolves reach the ground, more piglets will be captured by them. So Mrs.Pig must try to kill as many wolves as possible without letting them reach the ground. On the second level, the wolves use balloons to float to the top of a high cliff. If enough of them reach the cliff, they will push a huge boulder down onto Mama's cage. After this level has been completed, the piglets who have been captured are rescued and the game starts over with increased difficulty. There is also a bonus round where Mrs. Pig will attempt to eliminate as many wolves on ascending ballons as possible by throwing as few slabs of meat as possible for a maximum bonus score.

post-9712-1248832973_thumb.jpg post-9712-1249162497_thumb.png post-9712-1248832984_thumb.png

Game Information:

Game Name: Pooyan

Released By: Konami, 1982

Game Mode: Default settings

MAME ROMset: pooyan

Chosen By: darthkur

ROM Location: http://www.rom-world.com/file.php?id=22208

Post your scores in this thread and I will update the leaderboard throughout the week. The deadline for posting scores will be Tuesday, August 4th, 2009 @ 12:00 Noon (EST)

BEST TIPS

None Yet!

CURRENT HIGH SCORES

1. 163,000 (darthkur) [+11]

2. 118,850 (Kurt_Woloch) [+10]

3. 88,600 (aftermac) [+9]

4. 59,750 (LarcenTyler) [+8]

5. 57,800 (roadrunner) [+7]

6. 33,150 (SpiceWare) [+6]

CURRENT POINT TOTALS

1. Darthkur (21)

2. Kurt_Woloch (16)

3. roadrunner (16)

4. SpiceWare (15)

5. aftermac (12)

6. LarenTyler (12)

7. Shannon (11)

8. Dr. Galaga (9)

9. 4Ks (4)

Edited by Deteacher

OK, I've used the "pooyan" romset now, with default settings (deleted pooyan.cfg to achieve this). I hope this is the correct set with the correct DIP switch settings...

My best so far... 118850. post-8393-1248852696_thumb.png

I'll change the pic. There were two there. I grabbed the wrong pic. From what it looked like, the Konami ROMset is the parent ROM (larger file) so that's the one I went with. The link in the first post is to the Konami set.

As soon as I can get back into KLOV, I'll change the pic. In the meantime, I'll take down the title pic.

I'm going to post my score for this game, but it won't count for any points. I just thought I'd add to the competitiveness. ;)

P.S. The Konami Title Screen has been added to the first post. KLOV was down for some time and I just managed to get on and grab the pic. Sorry for any confusion. ;)

post-9712-1249162150_thumb.jpg

Edited by Deteacher

• 2 months later...