IGNORED

Lynx HSC: August 2009 - Pac-Land

Now with a points system! First place gets a whopping 10 points, second gets nine points, etc. Points will carry over to the next challenge, like in the Atari 2600 HSC, and we'll have seasons, just like them too. So fire up your Lynx and avoid (or eat) those ghosts! This ends August 31, 2009 at 11:59pm Pacific. Please take part in the new, revamped Lynx HSC!

Settings:

post-9475-1248935140_thumb.png

Scores:

1.) Eric DeLee - 317,040

2.) Damon Plus - 194,820

3.) Horst - 141,680

4.) darthkur - 25,130

5.) atari2600land - 18,950

6.) roadrunner - 13,410

Edited by atari2600land

This was one of the games I got originally with my Lynx (along with Stun Runner, Slime World and Chip's Challenge) and it was probably the one I played the most, even if I thought it was the worse one of the four.

I remember getting to round 25-30 or so, and getting pretty high-scores, but I've not played since at least a year ago.

First play:

01082009_006.jpg

Not bad. Got to round 5.

Second play:

01082009_007.jpg

Better. I used a shortcut to get to level 9, but I didn't think that was right, so I started again.

01082009_009.jpg

This time, I got through every stage until the 11th.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow... I still find little quirky things in this game.

I improved my score again:

67840 is my new high score.

I played on my psp, so I can't upload the screenshot right now (I forgot my usb cord)

Springboards... I am still trying to figure out.

Bonus points... and timing those jumps are a bit of a pain as well.

Updated Screenshot

post-3390-125168606374.png

Edited by EricDeLee

I almost feel like I sat here and didn't do anything today. (well... aside from playing the Lynx)

I didn't think I'd have a chance at this. I was playing on actual hardware and had a score around 110000 and the darn thing ran out of batteries. So I was unable to document that score.

Then I sat down on the psp and stayed there pretty much throughout the entire Tigers games this afternoon.

Final score: 317040

post-3390-125176780359.png

This game is ALL about timing. And the darnest thing is it is so freaking random. Everything gets thrown at you left and right. Some of those levels simply are not fair at all. Airplanes above you while you are jumping logs? Double bus coming at you when you have limited visibility with the flashlight! What the heck! Not only is this thing about timing, there is a great deal of luck involved as well. Who would have thounk that the safest way to get across some areas was to ride on the ghost's head when she comes after you. You have to get those freaking Bonus points to get that score to tally upwards. Those bonus points are a pain... but at 7650 a pop... it is worth perfecting the timing. I think I ended around level 35 or so...

Lots of fun, and I'll be sure to hang in there with the rest of the High score clubs each month as it is getting me to play my Lynx even more now!

Wow thats awesome! I've also noticed the complete randomness of this game. There is also a glitch in that every so often you'll start a game with almost no ghosts in the level. Seems I play for hours but always run into some goofy ghost combo that repeatedly kills me. Also wish you didn't have to double tap right or left to run, always kills me.