IGNORED

"Revenge of the Jedi" FOUND!

Rareusgold

Now, here is the scary part. When we got back to my house. I immediatily ran to hook up my Top Loader and test my once in a life time find! And NO matter what I did I could not get it to work. I tried for 20 minutes. I was sweating and my bubble had burst. I realized that the seller knew it did not work and tried to sell me a crappy broken cart for $2! I was not too upset as even a broken Gold World Championship cart had to be worth hundreds of Dollars even back then when a working one was worth $5000. But, then my friend said why don't you try the front loader. A suggestion that sounded like a waste of time. But, I would have plugged it in to my atari 2600 if there was a one in a million chance it would work! So, I tore out my Front Loader and dusted it off. Plugged it in and the rest is history!

Sorry for the long winded story. But, It is my greatest finds ever. And all for $2!

Rich

Same thing happened to me. The NWC won't work in a top loader.

Doesn't have something to do with the lockout chip? I know it wont work on front loaders with the lockout chip disabled either.

Tempest

• Like 1

Thanks for sharing the story Rareusgold. Too awesome...

Also. WHAT?! There are two people on here with those carts? That's even more insane.

DreamTR probably still has more than one ;)

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?s...t&p=1763183

Didn't he have like 5 of them?

According to his post, he has had 7 Gold (5 was the most he had at one time) and 3 Grey.

Also. WHAT?! There are two people on here with those carts? That's even more insane.

Sold mine for 12k last year.

From Being in the collectibles business for my whole life (literally, I was a mere month old at my first convention!). I expect the WCC to be the first cart to break the $100,000 mark. I do not expect it any time soon. But, take my word eventually it will come to pass. Especially with the inflation that is in store in the next 10 years. Hell it may cost you $100,000 to fill up your gas tank! Although I would be a seller at less ;)

From Being in the collectibles business for my whole life (literally, I was a mere month old at my first convention!). I expect the WCC to be the first cart to break the $100,000 mark. I do not expect it any time soon. But, take my word eventually it will come to pass. Especially with the inflation that is in store in the next 10 years. Hell it may cost you $100,000 to fill up your gas tank! Although I would be a seller at less ;)

Do you actually play it once and a while, or just admire?

Do you actually play it once and a while, or just admire?

I admire it the original and play the reproduction Cart.

It is possible. We shall see.

I would have kept it but I came across a deal that was even better so I had to sell mine.

Edited by Buyatari

It is possible. We shall see.

I would have kept it but I came across a deal that was even better so I had to sell mine.

That is the only reason I would sell mine. If I had to buy a collection that had some better stuff I would have to sell. I almost sold it once. But, decided against it. My wife thought I was crazy for a long time for not selling when I had an offer. Now that it has doubled since that offer. She does not bring it up any more!

• 8 years later...