IGNORED

Forum Upgrade Complete!

Albert

If you can take a screenshot of a complete post in the IP.Board skin using Seamonkey, I will install Camino in OS X and take a screenshot as well. I'll then submit a bug to Invision. Not sure they will fix it, but it's worth a try. I'll have to look at the skin to see how it's drawing the bottom of the post.

I've done some tinkering with a copy of the HTML, stripping down things until the bare minimum to show the problem, and it appears that the problem is in rendering the ".rep_bar" and ".rep_bar ul" styles from "public/style_css/css_16/ipb_styles.css". I can change ".rep_bar ul" to float:right, which puts the add button next to the reputation count, but it does not affect the left side of the reputation bar.

Removing the add button and its entire enclosing UL and LI tags removes the add button, but again, the left side of the bar goes all the way the left to the 10px left margin of the "body" style.

The problem is apparently in the default of the unspecified "left" value. If I add a "left" value to ".rep_bar", both Seamonkey and Safari make the bar the same size.

The only thing I can see is to add a "width:70px;" or similar value to the ".rep_bar" style. This will force the left edge to be that distance from the right edge. With my browser's font settings, this is enough for a 4-digit reputation count without it blowing up into two separate lines. And hey, it looks like this works.

So the minimum fix appears to be to add "width:70px;" to the ".rep_bar" style in "public/style_css/css_16/ipb_styles.css".

Edited by Bruce Tomlin

Not sure if this was mentioned, but in Safari, the search box doesn't align with the "Search" button:

post-2641-125150762211_thumb.gif

It's fine in Firefox:

post-2641-125150765288_thumb.gif

One other request - it'd be nice when hitting "Preview Post" (or "Preview Entry" in the blogs) if the font sizes in the preview would match what the posted version will be. Currently, they're too small.

Thanks!

Not sure if this was mentioned, but in Safari, the search box doesn't align with the "Search" button:

offset_search.gif

It's fine in Firefox:

correct_search.gif

One other request - it'd be nice when hitting "Preview Post" (or "Preview Entry" in the blogs) if the font sizes in the preview would match what the posted version will be. Currently, they're too small.

Thanks!

I'll look into fixing both of those.

..Al

I have updated the "Tags" content block so that it displays the list of tags in alphabetical order, all in the same size font. I also added the number of entries in parenthesis after the link. I probably should create a new content block for this and leave the existing Tag Cloud content blog for anyone who might want to use it, but I can do that later.

..Al

Albert, did you miss my post above about the Reputation Bar problem with Seamonkey / Camino?

So the minimum fix appears to be to add "width:70px;" to the ".rep_bar" style in "public/style_css/css_16/ipb_styles.css".

It's apparently a CSS problem, where the "left" value is defaulting to zero instead of the width of the bar contents.

EDIT: I just filed bugzilla 513561 on the browser problem.

Edited by Bruce Tomlin

Albert, did you miss my post above about the Reputation Bar problem with Seamonkey / Camino?

It's apparently a CSS problem, where the "left" value is defaulting to zero instead of the width of the bar contents.

I'll try your fix later today, thanks. :)

..Al

This thread:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/149719-anyone-wish-to-unload-their-skunkboard/

is showing the last post as being made by me ovalbugmann, but if you go to the Jaguar forum main page it says Zerosquare has made the most recent post. I don't know if this is because it was moved to the marketplace/wanted forum -it says it was moved there on Jaguar main, but it is not updating correctly there.

Here it is on the Jaguar main page:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/forum/14-atari-jaguar/

Edited by ovalbugmann

This thread:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/149719-anyone-wish-to-unload-their-skunkboard/

is showing the last post as being made by me ovalbugmann, but if you go to the Jaguar forum main page it says Zerosquare has made the most recent post. I don't know if this is because it was moved to the marketplace/wanted forum -it says it was moved there on Jaguar main, but it is not updating correctly there.

Here it is on the Jaguar main page:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/forum/14-atari-jaguar/

I just did a test and this is the same behavior as the old forum software. While it would be nice if the link to the moved topic was updated with the proper "Last Poster", I don't see Invision changing that behavior. I'm guessing that right now there is no link from the moved topic back to the original forum it was posted in, so there would be no easy way to automatically update the link.

Instead, a script would need to run to periodically loop through all "Moved Topic" links and then check the moved topic to see if the last poster has changed. If so, then the "Last Poster" for the link could be updated as well. I could see about writing such a script at some point in the future, but it's not very important right now (especially seeing as it's probably been this way since the software's inception).

..Al

Don't know if this has been mentioned, but after you click on My Posts, the listing is not in order of the "Last Post Info." That's how it was on the previous version, and it doesn't allow you to sort on that.

Yeah, that's a known issue. I think it'll be fixed with the next version of the software (which will be out soon). If not, I'll spend some time investigating it myself.

..Al

Is there an ETA on saving PMs? Preferably with the attachments still attached.

No, and I honestly would not hold your breath on that one. I'm sure Invision will add this capability back (many people are requesting it), but I would not expect it before version 3.1.0.

..Al

No, and I honestly would not hold your breath on that one. I'm sure Invision will add this capability back (many people are requesting it), but I would not expect it before version 3.1.0.

OK. No probs. When is 3.1.0 due out and are you going to install it?

Well, we are running 3.0.2 right now. The next release (mainly bug fixes) is 3.0.3. I don't know if there will be a 3.0.4 or if they will start working on 3.1.0. 3.1.0 will consist of improvements to the software and these typically take longer to program and test than bug fixes. Invision (having been burned in the past) generally does not offer release dates for their software, knowing that it's easy to march right on past release dates and then everyone gets impatient and angry. At this time I have absolutely no idea when a 3.1.0 will be released. Yes, I will certainly install it as soon as it is available.

It's possible that a third-party will develop a "PM Archive" feature before Invision does. But since Invision has stated that they intend to implement this themselves, I find it unlikely that a third-party will create one.

..Al

• Like 1