IGNORED

Forum Upgrade Complete!

Albert

After reading this topic, I can appreciate how much work you have been putting into this. Thank you. I thought I'd let things settle a bit before jumping in with any questions, but maybe it's time.

In my subscriptions, I DO receive emails regarding postings to TOPICs I have listed, but I no longer (since the update) receive emails about new postings to the FORUMs I have listed, and I don't see any way to change my settings to make this happen. Is this a feature that is no longer available? or am I missing something?

In my subscriptions, I DO receive emails regarding postings to TOPICs I have listed, but I no longer (since the update) receive emails about new postings to the FORUMs I have listed, and I don't see any way to change my settings to make this happen. Is this a feature that is no longer available? or am I missing something?

You should be able to manage your Forum subscriptions here:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?app=core&module=usercp&tab=forums&area=forumsubs

I am subscribed to several forums and I am getting emails, so I know the feature is working. Please let me know if you're having any problems after you take a look at the above page.

..Al

This isn't related to the forums per se, but since the upgrade half the time when I click certain links in Mezrabad's Chronogamer blog (may be more than just his, I haven't checked) instead of acting on the link it takes me to the forum root instead. Affected links include the ones sorting by category (1978, 1979, etc) and the ones to go to the post (to see the comments and/or add a comment) like the post title and "comments:x" link. This only happens part of the time, and happens whether or not I am logged in.

Edited by Qun Mang

This isn't related to the forums per se, but since the upgrade half the time when I click certain links in Mezrabad's Chronogamer blog (may be more than just his, I haven't checked) instead of acting on the link it takes me to the forum root instead. Affected links include the ones sorting by category (1978, 1979, etc) and the ones to go to the post (to see the comments and/or add a comment) like the post title and "comments:x" link. This only happens part of the time, and happens whether or not I am logged in.

Thanks, I'll take a look.

..Al

Hmm, all the links are working fine for me. When you say it doesn't happen all the time, about how often does it happen? If you can find some sort of pattern to help reproduce it, that would help immensely. I'm using Firefox 3.5, but this really shouldn't be something dependent on specific browsers.

Thanks,

..Al

Hmm, all the links are working fine for me. When you say it doesn't happen all the time, about how often does it happen? If you can find some sort of pattern to help reproduce it, that would help immensely. I'm using Firefox 3.5, but this really shouldn't be something dependent on specific browsers.

Thanks,

..Al

I don't know of any pattern, sorry. It just worked fine for me on FF3.5 before reading this thread again, but I just loaded up IE 8 to see and the problem happened again.

I don't know of any pattern, sorry. It just worked fine for me on FF3.5 before reading this thread again, but I just loaded up IE 8 to see and the problem happened again.

I'll have to play with it a bit to see if I can reproduce the issue.

When you are seeing this, can you copy the links that are not working (not sure in IE8, but you can typically right-click a link and then copy the link location)? That would help. :)

Thanks,

..Al

I'll have to play with it a bit to see if I can reproduce the issue.

When you are seeing this, can you copy the links that are not working (not sure in IE8, but you can typically right-click a link and then copy the link location)? That would help. :)

Thanks,

..Al

Will do. Odd thing though, I *think* the links were showing up oddly when I tried before, like:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php? s=98bb407b1b7c2fddb79cb3577d351ff0 &automodule=blog&blogid=87&cat=

instead of

www.atariage.com|forums|index.php?automodule=blog&blogid=87&cat=106

(both of these links bring me to his page, but if I recall correctly the nonworking links may have looked similar, as if his page didn't load correctly.)

EDIT: urls did not show up as I typed them. Spaces added to first url because the s=98... part kept getting removed for some reason.

EDIT2: That seems to be it! I just loaded the page in IE again after waiting a bit and found the links to be in error, replacing "/blog/87-chronogamer/" in each link with "/s=df21c0fa17e379dc0cb0d9878f3acad9/" in the urls, and sure enough, they didn't work. Just going back then in my browser history fixed the links. I do notice my bookmarked link to his page contains the s= part (see first code block above). I'll see if fixing this bookmark causes the problem to go away.

Edited by Qun Mang

Just noticed that the forum can't seem to decide which time zone I'm in- mostly shows an hour ahead, but once tonight it showed the right time for me. Just checked, the time zone was set to GMT-5 which was wrong for me (meaning mostly it was showing up right as far as it knew). Just changed it and now it showed an hour earlier?? (GMT-7) Hmm.

EDIT: I just reloaded the index as the settings said, and now it shows up correct again. I'll whine again if it shows up wrong again.

Edited by Qun Mang

Just noticed that the forum can't seem to decide which time zone I'm in- mostly shows an hour ahead, but once tonight it showed the right time for me. Just checked, the time zone was set to GMT-5 which was wrong for me (meaning mostly it was showing up right as far as it knew). Just changed it and now it showed an hour earlier?? (GMT-7) Hmm.

EDIT: I just reloaded the index as the settings said, and now it shows up correct again. I'll whine again if it shows up wrong again.

This is probably related to the automatic Daylight Savings Time (DST) setting. I'd try turning that off and adjusting it manually.

..Al

EDIT2: That seems to be it! I just loaded the page in IE again after waiting a bit and found the links to be in error, replacing "/blog/87-chronogamer/" in each link with "/s=df21c0fa17e379dc0cb0d9878f3acad9/" in the urls, and sure enough, they didn't work. Just going back then in my browser history fixed the links. I do notice my bookmarked link to his page contains the s= part (see first code block above). I'll see if fixing this bookmark causes the problem to go away.

Usually you only see a session variable (which is what that string is) if you have cookies disabled or are browsing in some sort of "safe" mode (depending on the browser). If you bookmarked a link with a session variable and go back to it later, the session that variable refers to will no longer be valid, which could be why you're being redirected to the forum index.

Do you normally switch between IE8 and Firefox, or were you doing that just to troubleshoot this issue?

..Al

Usually you only see a session variable (which is what that string is) if you have cookies disabled or are browsing in some sort of "safe" mode (depending on the browser). If you bookmarked a link with a session variable and go back to it later, the session that variable refers to will no longer be valid, which could be why you're being redirected to the forum index.

Do you normally switch between IE8 and Firefox, or were you doing that just to troubleshoot this issue?

..Al

Just to troubleshoot. I do use noscript with FF, so that probably had something to do with it. While I have no such plugin with IE, perhaps just using the bookmark with the session variable caused it to happen with that browser. I'll bring the topic up again if it happens again. Hopefully removing the variable from the bookmark (and my browser history) will correct it once and for all. Thanks.

I haven't been on in awhile and don't have time to search through 17 pages of posts to see if this question was asked. Someone please PM me instead of posting here as to whether or not the "sent" folder for PMs still exist. I had something important in there and now I can't find it, and it will waste a good 15-30 minutes if I have to do it all over. Thanks.

Phil

I haven't been on in awhile and don't have time to search through 17 pages of posts to see if this question was asked. Someone please PM me instead of posting here as to whether or not the "sent" folder for PMs still exist. I had something important in there and now I can't find it, and it will waste a good 15-30 minutes if I have to do it all over. Thanks.

Phil

The folder is gone, but the messages are not. Go into the messenger and click on "My Conversations" on the left. Then at the bottom of the page, click Show: "Conversations I Started". This should show you all the messages you sent.

..Al

The result of putting the Seamonkey browser bug up on Bugzilla was "the 1.1 branch is in maintenance mode". Essential fixes like security fixes only. Even though the 2.0 branch is still beta.

However, the 2.0 branch does not have the float bug that affects the reputation bar. For now I'll go ahead and try using it for a while. It seems noticeably faster with only a few minutes of use.

The Camino problem is clearly because it is also based on the 1.1 branch of the Gecko rendering code. For those who really want to use Camino, try the beta:

http://preview.caminobrowser.org/

I don't know if this has been brought up yet but is there any way to have the "my posts" link show the results in chronological order sorted by threads with the most recent posts on them? That's the way the old one worked (and the way most every other web forum still works).

I mean as is, the "my posts" sorting seems to be all over the map :P

post-31-125215907754_thumb.jpg

Edited by NE146

I don't know if this has been brought up yet but is there any way to have the "my posts" link show the results in chronological order sorted by threads with the most recent posts on them? That's the way the old one worked (and the way most every other web forum still works).

Yes, this may be fixed in the version 3.0.3 update that was released a few days ago. I'm going to try and apply that update here later today. If the update doesn't fix it, then I'll look into it myself.

..Al

Your posting "is" all over the map.... :lol:

The tag section in the blogs slowly disintegrates. First it fell back to the cloud view and today I noticed it no longer works for tags with spaces in them, e.g. the "Apocalypse Engine" category:

=> http://www.atariage.com/forums/blog/54-planet-bob/page__tag__Apocalypse%20Engine

This one is even worse: http://www.atariage.com/forums/blog/54-planet-bob/page__tag__Playing...