IGNORED

Forum Upgrade Complete!

Albert

The tag section in the blogs slowly disintegrates. First it fell back to the cloud view and today I noticed it no longer works for tags with spaces in them, e.g. the "Apocalypse Engine" category:

=> http://www.atariage.com/forums/blog/54-planet-bob/page__tag__Apocalypse%20Engine

I'll fix the cloud view today, that was my mistake when I upgraded the software two days ago. As far as the spaces goes, I'll file a bug about that.

..Al

I just fixed the cloud view so it shows tags as a list of categories again. This doesn't fix the problem with the spaces in tags, though. I just checked an install of the previous forum software and the URLs are formatted the same, so that didn't change. Guess the processing of the URLs did. Hopefully Invision can fix that quickly--if they don't move quickly enough on it I'll take a look myself.

..Al

It works for me, what happens when you try to click that button?

Before your last update, it worked perfectly, but now absolutely nothing happens. When I go to edit the first post in the 'Are you going to buy a Harmony cart for the Atari 2600?' thread, the button acts clickable when I move my mouse pointer over it, but left clicking does nothing now. I just tried it in another thread and I get the same problem. I'm using Firefox 3.5.2 if that helps and I have NoScript allowing everything at AtariAge.

It works for me, what happens when you try to click that button?

Before your last update, it worked perfectly, but now absolutely nothing happens. When I go to edit the first post in the 'Are you going to buy a Harmony cart for the Atari 2600?' thread, the button acts clickable when I move my mouse pointer over it, but left clicking does nothing now. I just tried it in another thread and I get the same problem. I'm using Firefox 3.5.2 if that helps and I have NoScript allowing everything at AtariAge.

Can you try erasing all of your cache? It's possible some old Javascript is cached. Oddly I am not seeing this issue and I am using Firefox 3.5.2 as well. Will have to try it in some other browsers as well.

..Al

Can you try erasing all of your cache? It's possible some old Javascript is cached. Oddly I am not seeing this issue and I am using Firefox 3.5.2 as well. Will have to try it in some other browsers as well.

OK, I'll try that now. You might also want to know that the similar button at the bottom of a thread works without a problem. Only seems to mess up when the version for editing is displayed.

I just went to clear my cache, but Firefox has changed how we do that. It says it will clear it when I close it, but the option to clear it right now seems to have been removed. "If it ain't broke, we'll break it."

Old threads seem to have a problem.

What happened to the smilies in this thread?

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/103913-help-with-an-130xe-failed/page__view__findpost__p__1259618

The smilies all appear to be working fine for me--I don't see a single one that isn't displayed. What exactly are you seeing?

If you're referring to the link in the first post (which is also quoted in a message further down), it's not being processed as a link because of the surrounding parenthesis. I tried inserting a space before and after the link and then it displays it properly. This isn't new behavior--the old forum did the same thing. Here's the same post from the old forum:

Screen shot 2009-09-09 at 2.00.00 PM.png

..Al

Weird! They look malformed when I looked at them through the search page.

If you enter "130XE schematic" (without the quotes) into the search box and click on the first "Good quality 130XE schematics?" thread link you get the following :-

post-21935-125252411515_thumb.gif

When viewed from the link I supplied it looks normal :-

post-21935-125252412463_thumb.gif

Sorry for the confusion.

Weird! They look malformed when I looked at them through the search page.

If you enter "130XE schematic" (without the quotes) into the search box and click on the first "Good quality 130XE schematics?" thread link you get the following :-

If I had to guess at what's going on, it's because "130XE" appears in the link. Because the search engine is highlighting "130XE" by inserting additional HTML, this is completely screwing up the link. I'll file this as a bug, because it does work properly with the previous forum software (just checked).

..Al

Closed Firefox and reset the computer, but the Use Full Editor button still doesn't work when editing. Is there a place in my settings where I can tell the forum that I always want to use the full editor? I don't like the light and fluffy editor with fewer features.

Closed Firefox and reset the computer, but the Use Full Editor button still doesn't work when editing. Is there a place in my settings where I can tell the forum that I always want to use the full editor? I don't like the light and fluffy editor with fewer features.

Does this happen for you if you select the "IP.Board" skin at the bottom-left corner of the page?

..Al

Does this happen for you if you select the "IP.Board" skin at the bottom-left corner of the page?

Same problem. I also disabled my Firefox add-ons and reset, but that didn't help. I wonder what changed after they did all of those bug fixes? Worked fine before the bug fixes.

Same problem. I also disabled my Firefox add-ons and reset, but that didn't help. I wonder what changed after they did all of those bug fixes? Worked fine before the bug fixes.

Looks like this has already been posted as a bug on Invision's forums. I'll patch the forum here as soon as a fix is provided.

..Al

Albert, in the old forum, you could search for a list of all the topics started by a specific author by searching with the author's name and "show as topics" and "search titles only." You would get a list of topics started by that user, including all current info about the topic (i.e., number of views, replies, and date/author of most recent reply). I can't replicate this search with the current search interface no matter what I do. Can you (or anyone else) clue me in on how to do this now? Or is it not supported anymore?

onmode-ky

Albert, in the old forum, you could search for a list of all the topics started by a specific author by searching with the author's name and "show as topics" and "search titles only." You would get a list of topics started by that user, including all current info about the topic (i.e., number of views, replies, and date/author of most recent reply). I can't replicate this search with the current search interface no matter what I do. Can you (or anyone else) clue me in on how to do this now? Or is it not supported anymore?

onmode-ky

The "Show results as titles" checkbox is being ignored--I filed a bug for this back on August 25th and it hasn't been fixed yet:

http://forums.invisionpower.com/tracker/issue-18129-show-results-as-titles-does-not-work/

..Al

I just fixed the cloud view so it shows tags as a list of categories again. This doesn't fix the problem with the spaces in tags, though. I just checked an install of the previous forum software and the URLs are formatted the same, so that didn't change. Guess the processing of the URLs did. Hopefully Invision can fix that quickly--if they don't move quickly enough on it I'll take a look myself.

Can you just make the cloud links match the "Filed in" links that are at the bottom of each blog entry?

For example, the "Filed in" link for TV and Movie Related Topics works fine and looks like this:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?app=blog&module=display&section=blog&blogid=120&tag=TV+and+Movie+Related+Topics

The cloud link that doesn't work looks like this:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/blog/120-random-terrains-tetraternarium/page__tag__TV%20and%20Movie%20Related%20Topics

I wonder why they are using a completely different type of link? If the "Filed in" link works fine, why not use that for the cloud links too?

[Oh yeah, speaking of blogs, they haven't fixed "Search My Blog" yet. It still wants to search all blogs.]

Edited by Random Terrain