IGNORED

Forum Upgrade Complete!

Albert

Is there a way in our personal settings to change the visuals back to the old style if we decide we prefer that look?

No. This forum software was a complete rewrite from the ground up. The skinning system was changed considerably (for the better, it's easier to create skins now) and all previous skins are incompatible with this new version of the software. However, I will be adding additional skins down the road that you will be able to choose from. I may make further changes to this skin to make it match closer to the original, but in some areas that is going to be difficult to do.

..Al

Is it normal that I can no longer edit my posts in the Marketplace? I thought that we were allowed to...

Yes, for the moment. I hope to have this fixed tomorrow. I had to do some extensive work on the previous forum software to allow editing of posts in specific forums as well as individual posts. Due to abuse of the edit function I could no longer allow everyone to edit posts indefinitely.

..Al

• Like 2

I had a problem trying to log on. I first tried logging on in internet explorer, but I could'nt. I tried numerous times.

I had to switch to goggle chrome to log on. Before the forum update, I had no trouble.

Has anybody else had this problem?

What version of Internet Explorer are you using?

..Al

I had a problem trying to log on. I first tried logging on in internet explorer, but I could'nt. I tried numerous times.

I had to switch to goggle chrome to log on. Before the forum update, I had no trouble.

..Al

I'm using version 8 the newest one

For goggle chrome, I'm using version 2.0.172.39. The newest one.

Yes, I have to run a script to convert all the bbcode tags in messages created before the upgrade. I will be doing this overnight and it will take about 12 hours to complete. Right now I am doing the same thing to all the personal messages, and that will be done shortly.

..Al

..Al

For goggle chrome, I'm using version 2.0.172.39. The newest one.

Chrome works like a charm for me too.

favicon is incorrect

What are you seeing?

..Al

post-3056-125073704302.png

Also the add/remove from favorites icon is missing in the community blog when view_type=table. It's there when view_type=list, though as a heart instead of Yar.

Edited by SpiceWare

What happens when you try to login?

..Al

Well....

I type my name and password, like normal.

I click log on/enter and it flashes, and takes me back to the main forum screen(the one with the 2600,5200,8-bit,etc...).

And I'm not log on. And it says I didn't. I tried to log on again, and the same exact thing happened.

And YES, I did type my name and password correctly.

Edited by segasaturn

Looks like signatures over a certain length are being cutoff.

post-2851-125073730114_thumb.png

Is there any way to make them disappear completely?

*EDIT: This might be a browser issue. That screenshot is from Camino. The signatures look fine under Safari.

Regardless, is there an option to hide signatures?

Edited by Christophero Sly

I don't like that the "my posts" option is gone. Is it coming back? Otherwise it looks great :)

Yes, I will be adding that back. It's a custom modification I wrote for the old forum software, so I will need to write it again.

..Al

Ah, good to hear :) The "my posts" is one of my favorite things about this forum, I don't know if I could function without it - lol :D