IGNORED

Forum Upgrade Complete!

Albert

I'm using version 9.23 of Opera as my browser.

Why don't you update to 9.64?

Yes, thank you I will. :) I must have Opera update notification off or something.

If you go straight to your inbox instead, you can click on the small Combat tank icon for any messages with new posts to jump directly to the first unread post

If you go to your inbox and scroll to the bottom you'll see a drop-down. You can choose "Show: Conversations I Started" to replicate the behavior of the "Sent" folder.

I must be tired :P, could you tell me where my inbox is?, or how to get there? so I can go look for the small Combat tank and conversations I started show tab. I see a lot of space invaders and a pacman. Thanks. :)

I must be tired :P, could you tell me where my inbox is?, or how to get there? so I can go look for the small Combat tank and conversations I started show tab. I see a lot of space invaders and a pacman. Thanks. :)

If you click on your username at the upper-right corner of the page, a menu will appear. One of the choices is "Messenger". I will probably move this out of the menu at one point to make it easier to find.

..Al

I like the new forum look for the most part. :) The only thing that annoys the heck out of me is the "Pinned" and page number blocks displayed next to the thread titles in the sub-forums. They're like splotches of ink polluting my screen. Perhaps this could be fixed by simply using a lighter shade of blue?

I haven't really had a chance to try out the new PM system. Hopefully I won't encounter any deal-breaking annoyances... :)

I like the "new message" indicator for the sub-forums, I don't recall it doing that before.

post-3056-125078063701_thumb.png

One thing I did notice is the top-level indicator is for all the forums - in the above screenshot only "Pro Wrestling" has new messages, but you'd think "E&S" also has new messages. It would be nice if the main forum's indicator was only for itself.

That said, there may be issues changing that due to this forum which has additional sub-forums below 2600 Programming.

post-3056-125078100846_thumb.png

Edited by SpiceWare

Here's a cosmetic issue - I cannot see the blinking cursor when editing a post when the cursor is in the far left column (i.e. the first space on a line).

That's interesting, what browser are you using?

So, when are we rolling back? : ]

That's not going to happen, but I will make an effort to fix any problems and address any reasonable issues people bring up.

..Al

Google Chrome

I have just uploaded an updated version of the skin. Font sizes are now pretty much identical to the old forum, although there are still going to be elements here and there that are either larger or (more likely) smaller. Still, this should be a big improvement for those who were making comments about how large everything is, AARP, and so forth. ;) I would like to hear some feedback..

I have not fiddled with the attachment-related borders, I figured at least getting the fonts back to the way they were was more important. I am going to spend some time making various tables (such as the main index, forum indexes and search results) more closely match the original forum, but that's going to take a bit more time to do as it involves more than just plodding around in CSS files. :)

Thanks!

..Al

I have just uploaded an updated version of the skin. Font sizes are now pretty much identical to the old forum, although there are still going to be elements here and there that are either larger or (more likely) smaller.

Much better!

Although this is still showing up in my blog:

post-2641-125078934108_thumb.gif

Is fixing youtube tags, especially in blogs, on your list of to-do's in the near future, or should I edit all my entries that use the youtube tags and try to convert them to standard youtube embedding code?

Convert them to the new, generic, "media" tag. You can put the full YouTube URL between the two tags and it should work fine. I've already tested it. Example:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vc_Jd79KA38[/media]

Results in:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vc_Jd79KA38

I'm not sure if it's possible to fix the old youtube tag. I did start a thread about it on the Invision forum but nobody's responded yet.

..Al

Actually, I take that back. The media tag doesn't work well because it seems that only 2 media links are allowed within each blog entry. :(

Have a look at this entry to see what I'm talking about. A youtube video is only being shown for the first two games.

Same for this entry.

Edited by Christophero Sly

Actually, I take that back. The media tag doesn't work well because it seems that only 2 media links are allowed within each blog entry. :(

Have a look at this entry to see what I'm talking about. A youtube video is only being shown for the first two games.

Same for this entry.

I've increased the number of allowable media links per post to 10.

..Al

I just added "My Posts" back to the forum. The link is in the upper-right corner next to "View New Content". I also added a Messenger link up there as well, so it's just hidden in that drop-down menu. About to move the "Guidelines" link somewhere else to get it out of the way.

I didn't exhaustively test "My Posts", so I'd greatly appreciate if others would hammer on it a bit. It seems to be working for me.

I almost didn't make it out of the new search code alive.. Hopefully I don't have to go back in there for a while.

..Al

• Like 2