IGNORED

Homebrew Shop PAL?

DEANJIMMY

Hi,

da der Atariagestore auf Urlaub ist eine Frage:

Gibt es in Europa einen Shop bei dem man Homebrew Module im Format PAL für das Atari 2600 oder 7800 kaufen kann?

UK wär auch OK :)

Jemand eine Idee wann der Atariage Store wieder online geht (weiß ja, ist im Urlaub, aber wie lange?)

Atariage scheint mir der einzige Shop zu sein mit super Abwicklung und dem Angebot von PAL Modulen.

CU

DEANJIMMY

Hi!

Ich glaube nicht, dass es derartiges irgendwo in Europa gibt! Wenn du aber ein Game kaufen willst, dann schicke dem Albert (Admin) einfach eine private message!

;)

http://www.atariage.com/forums/user/3-albert/

Edited by iwan-iwanowitsch-goratschin

Hi,

basically I asked when the store for the homebrew modules will open again, as I want to go shopping.

I have not a concrete list yet, so I would like to wait until it opens again, rather then sending the request by email.

In mean time I asked if there is something similar in Europe, which works in the same professional way as the store of atariage.

Well, I got he the expected answer: NO, there is not! :)

I really appreciate that the homebrew games are even delivered on cartridges. I play my C64 and Amiga games emulated on my PC but for the Ataris I really want some hardware. I bought some games before at atariage but found the shop now being on vacation.

Once a month for 2 hours we have a radio show on local radio station (just the city of Frankfurt) called Radio X.

We call ourselves "Dr. Pong" and test current games we got from the PR agencies but also talk a lot about classic games.

The picture I have chosen for my account is from a club party were people... of course... could play Pong.

I came back to the old Atari 2600 and 7800 when I picked up one console for another party last summer, where the people should play classic games on them. That's when I started to collect cartridges again. After I picked up around 250 of the best games, I turned now to homebrew titles like Beef Drop and Space Insignators.

When the store opens again, I will have a visit!

Not sure how difficult it is to learn German... I once gave up on French

Thanks

DEANJIMMY

You should get Thrust+ as soon as you can........ :cool:

Greetings from Bornheim! :thumbsup:

The limited Thrust DC+ Combat Edition can be bought from Marc Oberhäuser here in Germany.

BTW: Marc handles the orders and has the packs already. Just in case someone is worrying. ;)

Edited by Thomas Jentzsch

You should get Thrust+ as soon as you can........ :cool:

Greetings from Bornheim! :thumbsup:

The limited Thrust DC+ Combat Edition can be bought from Marc Oberhäuser here in Germany.

BTW: Marc handles the orders and has the packs already. Just in case someone is worrying. ;)

Hey, wow!

That looks great. Is there a PAL version available as well?

I recently got an NTSC version of Gravitar and did not really bother about the different colors but if there is a special PAL version, I would prefer it.

This game looks really great and the idea with the driving controllers... I recently got some over ebay from the US, as they're not very common and therefore more expensive in Europe.

Is there an option to get the game with and without the pedal controller?

How much will the package cost?

Maybe somebody knows that already, otherwise I will drop an email to the address on that page.

I really like alternative controls.

Had good fun with DC and Indy 500, Decathlon and the T&F controller but my favorite is playing Missile Command TB.

It seems to be the only game for a trakball in trakball mode.

By the way, as Missile Command got enhanced for trakball mode, what about Centipede (better the 7800 game due to the arcade like graphics)?

Many thanks for the info!

That looks great. Is there a PAL version available as well?

The game is switchable between PAL(-60) and NTSC, but IIRC that very version has a bug, that the switch pauses the game. The NTSC colors work with PAL too.

So for PAL, you maybe better buy the current version from the AA shop (ask Al, even though the shop is closer ATM). It supports the same controllers, but comes without the nice box and the footpedal. But it has better music and some bug fixes.

This game looks really great and the idea with the driving controllers...

Then you should look for a footpedal. It is pretty common and cheap in Europe.

How much will the package cost?

The limited edition is expensive, it costs 75€ IIRC, the current AA version goes for just $25.

...but my favorite is playing Missile Command TB.

It seems to be the only game for a trakball in trakball mode.

Glad you like it. And yes, its the only trakball mode Atari 2600 game.

By the way, as Missile Command got enhanced for trakball mode, what about Centipede (better the 7800 game due to the arcade like graphics)?

I can't tell for the 7800, but converting the 2600 version will not work. The display is (unlike Missile Command) very busy and the trakball requires polling during the display time. So there is not enough CPU time left for doing that. Sorry.

The name of the footpedal is QuickJoy SV 129. Here is someone selling it used at eBay Germany.

And e.g. here you can get a new one for 4,95€ plus shipping.

The name of the footpedal is QuickJoy SV 129. Here is someone selling it used at eBay Germany.

And e.g. here you can get a new one for 4,95€ plus shipping.

I got my shipment from Al and Thrust+ is great!!!

Ok, I am still a crash pilot but started to improve my skills.

A pedal controller is something I will get now. Either you play it completely with a Joystick in port 1 or use a driving controller in port 2 to adjust the angle of your rocket and fire bullets - that works great!

How ever you still need to push the joystick in port 1 forward to speed up your rocket or pull it down for the beam. That will be the job of the pedals and will create a real cool gaming experience. I simulated it by pushing a joystick with my feet :) so I look for pedals now!

The complete package with pedals woul be a perfect gift for some old school gamer.

Those pedals in the link from Thomas are adjustable and you can put any joystick function (like up, down, fire) on the pedals.

If somebody is able to adjust the wiring, any digital pedals would do if you know how to use a soldering iron.

@Thomas: This is really on of the best homebrew games!

The music in the title screen sounds rather like C64 SID than 2600.

Many thanks for Thrust+

@Thomas: This is really on of the best homebrew games!

You know, those compliments of people who actually play my game and have fun, those are the ones who make me happy. Thank you! :)

The music in the title screen sounds rather like C64 SID than 2600.

Many thanks for Thrust+

Credits for the music have to go to Paul Slocum. He really does magic there.

• 1 year later...