IGNORED

How to Create Custom 7800 Pacman Hacks!

jwierer

Make A Much Better Pac-Editor!!!

1: I Want Plus Mode To Be Easier To Get To.

2: I Want To Change Level Sizes.

3: I Want All Pac-Man Games To Be Able To Access Plus Mode.

4: I Want The Title To Be Seen Easier.

5: I Want To Add More Levels.

6: I Want It To Be Easier To Add Vertical Tunnels.

So Thats What I Need. ;-)

Those aren't limitations of the editor, they are limitations of the available pacman roms. You can only hack what is possible in the game. Be happy with what you got ;)

-Jeff

Make A Much Better Pac-Editor!!! :mad:

Dude, you are really trolling it up in here. Don't bitch about something somebody provided you for free. If you want all that stuff, make it yourself. :roll:

• Like 7

Make A Much Better Pac-Editor!!! :mad:

Hi Pacfan

What you want,seems not to be possible......like Jeff told you before.

But the emulator is good enough to do some really nice Pac Man hacks for the 7800.

Have a look at Jeff´s hacks or mine.......Sure it is a lot of work to change the complete graphics and mazes.And it is lots of work,to change the title......

If you have lots of time,you could show,what you can.Changing mazes and colours is easy.

Try to make a new game,with changed graphics and intermissions.......And then you could join the contest.Unfortunately,there are no entries,until now. :?

greetings Walter

PACFAN, This is your only public warning that if you continue to span the forums with Pac-Man hacks or continue to use language like below when addressing other members you WILL be put on moderator preview and/or your posting privileges will be revoked. I strongly suggest you heed my warning. Pick a thread and leave the others alone. Members and moderators here have been more then patient and understanding. I am only sorry I didn't see this and reply earlier.

Thank you and have a good one.

SHUT THE FUCK UP YOU FUCKING DICK!!!!

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Hi Pacfan

What should that mean??????

Who do you call DICK??????

You should be careful with the choice of your words......

Better try to make a really nice Pac Hack,with everything changed.....

greetings gambler172

• Like 3

Hey Chickybaby, I Just Removed More Of My Posts In This Thread. :) I Even Got Rid Of My Hacks In This Thread Because I Will Be Putting Them In My Thread. :D Here's A List Of Things That I Will NEVER Do On The Atariage Forums Ever Again. ;-) From Now On I Will Be Normal Like Everone Else. :D

1. No More Spamming

2. No More Demanding

3. No More Being Annoying To Other People

4. No More Bad Words

5. No More Being Crude Or Vulgar

So thats what I WILL do from this point forward and I will also do what I am TOLD. :)

Edited by Pacfan97

From Now On, I Will Start A New Topic And Put Perfectly Good Atari 7800 Pac-Man Hacks There!! Thanks Chickybaby!!! :D

Seriously man I would STFU right now and post what ever you have right here. She really is the last person you want to mess with so just trust me and do as you are told ;)

Edited by The_Laird
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

Updated first post with a new version including bug fixes and support for Crazy Otto.

-Jeff

Looks great, Jeff. I tryed it out on multiple Pacman titles and I didnt have a trouble. Nice job! :thumbsup:

Thanks! In my haste last night I forgot to disable the title tab for Crazy Otto. Since it doesn't have title graphics like the others it just loads garbage. I'll disable that in the future.

-Jeff

• 1 year later...

Is it poslw to change the sound? What can I use? I am trying here to make a Ms. Pac-2600 game for the Atari 7800, with graphics and sounds like the 2600 version. Also, I don't understand how to change maze parts! I am trying to make them look like solid blocks.

Is it poslw to change the sound? What can I use? I am trying here to make a Ms. Pac-2600 game for the Atari 7800, with graphics and sounds like the 2600 version. Also, I don't understand how to change maze parts! I am trying to make them look like solid blocks.

ROM for the hack (DO NOT COPY!):

mspac2600 wip.a78

Not possible using this tool.

-Jeff

• 1 month later...

How do I change text??? My game looks really dumb if it says for example BYCICLE, when I made the bicicle sprite into a cherry so a cherry comes up, and I want it to say CHERRY, not BYCICLE.

How do I change text??? My game looks really dumb if it says for example BYCICLE, when I made the bicicle sprite into a cherry so a cherry comes up, and I want it to say CHERRY, not BYCICLE.

Switch to the text tab and search for bicycle. Then change it to cherry.

-Jeff

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm experiencing difficulties trying to do my Jr. Pac-man hack with this program. The utility constantly draws pellets (when switching/saving levels and misses mirroring walls in nonexistent places, and mostly unless I load a severely outdated version of the current loaded .bin file, the utility refuses to load the file with some stupid and nonsensical error appearing on the bootup screen regarding some "invalid value of 162". I want to finalize the maze designs and color schemes of the hack, but I can't unless there's a way to fix the error that keeps spawning.

I'm also not a fan of being unable to change the ghost's eye and pupil colors.

Edited by Justin De Lucia

• 5 months later...