IGNORED

Atari 800Win plus command line options?

Belgarath

i know a800win has command line options but does anyone know what they are as i coudln't find a listing of them, i managed to work out that "-cart" is necessary to load games but for a lot of them the emulators wants to know what cartridge type it is, so im hoping their is a command line option for this.

TIA

• 5 weeks later...

Are you sure you are actually using Atari 800 Win and not Atari 800 DOS?

First, make sure you have all the rom files in your Atari800 folder (or whatever you called it). For example:

ATARIBAS.ROM 8,192 bytes

ATARIOSB.ROM 10,240 bytes

ATARIXL.ROM 16,384 bytes

With the Windows version it is all menu driven:

Go to the Atari menu, Hardware. Select your machine type.. in my case I chose 800 OS-B, but I also could have chosen 800XL based on the roms I have. Yes I actually have these systems. Next you need to tell it where your rom is.. click the Browse button and choose your rom. Hit Open, hit OK again.

To load a cartridge: Go to the Atari menu, Cartridge.. choose Use Other ROM. Pretty simple.

To load a disk: Go to the Atari menu, Disk drives, then specify your dos disk image in D1 by clicking the D1:. Mydos453.atr or dos_25.atr are my favorite choices, but of course you have to have the atr's.. make a copy of your real Atari DOS disk using a SIO2PC or APE cable, or find them yourself. If you can't find them online you aren't looking hard enough (same goes with roms), same goes with the official Atari800Win website.

Once you have D1: specified, hit OK, then go back to the Atari menu and Reboot. You should see Atari DOS/MyDOS load.. of course DOS will usually be boring on it's own, so you probably want to load a second disk in D2: to actually play a game or whatever. If you don't have menus, etc then you DONT have Atari 800 Win, you have the DOS version. There is a big difference between the two as far as interfaces go. For beginners I suggest the Windows version. For programmers, the DOS version.

calamari

You may also need to use the hard drive function (alt-H) to load programs that you've downloaded (like ones with the .bas extension, etc.). Once the folder is specified, you can load the programs directly into the emulated Atari Dos (i.e. use H1: instead of D1: in the filespec). Keep in mind that the filenames should only contain alphanumaric characters in the 8.3 format.